Michael Rose's take on this years recruiting class

http://my.journalstar.com/post/Husker_Extra_Group/Husker_Extra/blog/rose_enthusiastic_about_this_husker_class.html

I'm enthusiastic about this years recruiting class. We can take more recruits if we want, but im not in panic mode. Rose has made a very good point, that i believe a lot of the members on this board seem to have forgot, it is not what necessarily comes into the program (forget the ratings and stars), but it is what comes out.

Remember Prince, Eric, Dejon, Jared, Alfonzo, Helu, Cotton, Reed and more others came into this program as 3 stars or less and have done great things since Bo and company have taken over. It speaks more to the coaching staff and recruits that are not highly sought after that they can come to the Husker program and be turned into NFL caliber players when they put the effort, time and trust into the coaches here.

I take my hat off to Rose and look forward to him playing for the Huskers.

The chance to prove it on the field will come soon enough. For the next 12 days, Rose will be wearing that recruiting hat, doing his best sales pitch for his future team.

And when it's all said and done, he thinks Nebraska fans are going to like what this class looks like. "Some Husker fans complain that we're reaching and not getting guys they really want, but I think if Husker fans just wait a little bit longer they'll realize that we got a really good class," Rose said. "I don't think the stars or ratings will matter. ... You bring in a two-star, he's going to come out a four or five-star product. That's all that matters. It's not what comes in, it's what comes out."

I LIKE the sound of that teaser. I guess we just need to wait and see what unfolds in the next couple of weeks.

The chance to prove it on the field will come soon enough. For the next 12 days, Rose will be wearing that recruiting hat, doing his best sales pitch for his future team.

And when it's all said and done, he thinks Nebraska fans are going to like what this class looks like. "Some Husker fans complain that we're reaching and not getting guys they really want, but I think if Husker fans just wait a little bit longer they'll realize that we got a really good class," Rose said. "I don't think the stars or ratings will matter. ... You bring in a two-star, he's going to come out a four or five-star product. That's all that matters. It's not what comes in, it's what comes out."

I LIKE the sound of that teaser. I guess we just need to wait and see what unfolds in the next couple of weeks.

reality folks....yes we can coach up and make better players out of some 2 and 3 star kids, it happens......but it's a helluva lot easier to coach up a kid with top tier talent, that's the way it is and the way it always will be....we need top tier kids in this program, that end up at Alabama, LSU and USC.

Reality sir is...we're not Alabama, LSU or USC. We don't get that top level talent on a consistent basis like they do. Most of these kids who are "top level talent" want to get recruited by teams who have won national championships within the last 10 years. These kids who are being recruited now, were 2-3 years old when Nebraska won their last national championship.

reality folks....yes we can coach up and make better players out of some 2 and 3 star kids, it happens......but it's a helluva lot easier to coach up a kid with top tier talent, that's the way it is and the way it always will be....we need top tier kids in this program, that end up at Alabama, LSU and USC.

I interpreted the bolded part to mean that Rose thought NU is going to land a few more good recruits in the coming couple of weeks. That's why I said "we just need to wait and see what unfolds in the next couple of week." It would be pretty hard to coach a 2 star kid up in a couple of weeks, wouldn't it? Don't try to turn this thread into a stars do/don't matter argument t thread--at least on the basis of misconstruing my post anyway.

• Fire 2

Our class right now is basically quality over quantity. I mean we have what, 5 4-stars and 6 3-stars? Guys like Zaire, Seisay, Westerkamp...and hopefully Andrus Peat. I think we'll look back and say this was a small but talent-dense recruiting class.

• Fire 2

Our class right now is basically quality over quantity. I mean we have what, 5 4-stars and 6 3-stars? Guys like Zaire, Seisay, Westerkamp...and hopefully Andrus Peat. I think we'll look back and say this was a small but talent-dense recruiting class.

I bet we'll land a few more top-star prospects and I hope they turn out to be real solid contributors to the Huskers. This recruiting class is looking more impressive than originally thought.

I'm definitely willing to wait. With our commit list at 11, I would love to see another 8 or 9 commit on or before signing day, if we have room for them. With some of the players leaving that haven't been contributing as much, it should leave enough room for 19-21 I would think. If so, this recruiting class is ending with a BANG!

Rose has been all "N" from day one. I hope he is ready to work hard and earn the things he is hopeful for.

I can tell this is going to be a long offseason for me. I really would like to not hear a word from the football program all off season. The time for talk with this team is over. From the staff, to the players, to the guys who haven't even strapped on the pads in the collegiate level. No talk about Championships or any of that bullsh#t. These guys need to go to work.

• Fire 3
Rose has been all "N" from day one. I hope he is ready to work hard and earn the things he is hopeful for.

I can tell this is going to be a long offseason for me. I really would like to not hear a word from the football program all off season. The time for talk with this team is over. From the staff, to the players, to the guys who haven't even strapped on the pads in the collegiate level. No talk about Championships or any of that bullsh#t. These guys need to go to work.

Agreed. Let your play do the talking