Joe Paterno Near Death

HuskerBCS

Aside from a few colossally horrible oversights he lived a good full life, we can all hope for as much. No sense mourning over a man his age who was able to do so much, yes we, as football fans have less after losing him but were lucky to have him as long as we did

With him being fired, I told my wife that I wouldn't be shocked if Joe Pa would last a year.

Exactly, at least 5 or 6 years to live without Sandusky thing. I really think JoePa died from a broken heart.

Many of comments via ESPN and Yahoo grilled Joe Pa death announcements i.e. "Good Riddence", "Joe Ped", "Gates to Hell", etc.

Wow. Jerry Sandusky and JoePa was the same person?? I didn't know that !!!!!!!

Westborough Babtist Church to picket JoPa funeral...............

Wow, is there anything these deviants won't do to get some facetime............?

http://collegefootba...ory/rumor-mill/

This might be the best thing to come out of all of this

Remember the rioting and raw emotion from the Penn St fans right after the news of the scandal came out?

There might not be enough of the Westboro protesters left to fill a coffee can

Wow, is there anything these deviants won't do to get some facetime............?

This might be the best thing to come out of all of this

Remember the rioting and raw emotion from the Penn St fans right after the news of the scandal came out?

There might not be enough of the Westboro protesters left to fill a coffee can

Ha ha! We can only hope.

Considering how snakebitten and on edge Penn State may be with all of the events going on, I could easily see a group of unruly college kids starting something that the Westborough Baptist Church members picketing may not be able to finish.

Considering how snakebitten and on edge Penn State may be with all of the events going on, I could easily see a group of unruly college kids starting something that the Westborough Baptist Church members picketing may not be able to finish.

It is a possibility.................and though as a general rule I am against mob violence per se ..............................in this case, I might be inclined to look the other way.....

If that happens it will end up costing Penn State even more than the massive class action suit that is brewing due to the Sandusky rapes and subsequent cover up.

espn_taliaferro_paterno_576.jpg

Adam Taliaferro and Joe Paterno in 2010, 10 years after the player and coach had formed a strong bond in the wake of Taliaferro's horrifying spinal cord injury.

LINK

A great tribute article by Rick Reilly. Reilly is among espn's best writers, imho.

• 2 weeks later...

If that happens it will end up costing Penn State even more than the massive class action suit that is brewing due to the Sandusky rapes and subsequent cover up.

Yep, several women in that "church" (really its just one nutty extended family) are practicing attorneys and fund their efforts through lawsuits. They'd love for a student to snap.