Who should the next Nebrasketball coach be?

GWH

Danny Nee is available, I think. :thumbs

Anyway, I like NU hardcourt will be totally disbanded and then replace with Huskers ice hockey.

I played basketball in YMCA league (past history) but watching basketball events? .......mostly boring. Equal to curling fans.

Pet peeve: I can't stand dozens of buzzer sounds, mostly three minutes to go. Myself, annoyance bigtime. And way too many timeouts. Finally I prefer players replacements rules on the fly with no interruptions (buzzer thing) ..... same thing as ice hockey rules.

I think Nee is still at the Merchant Marine acadmey unless something has changed.

im not sure if anyone said this guy yet, but this is who we need to go after.....Jeff Capel, former head coach of Oklahoma, and current assistant under the greatest coach of all time at Duke university, he has midwest ties, and has gained tons of knowledge at Duke under Krzyzewski, and there is no question he would leave to be a head coach again, its just too bad the university probably isnt even thinking about him, i fully believe he could come in and change our program smh

im not sure if anyone said this guy yet, but this is who we need to go after.....Jeff Capel, former head coach of Oklahoma, and current assistant under the greatest coach of all time at Duke university, he has midwest ties, and has gained tons of knowledge at Duke under Krzyzewski, and there is no question he would leave to be a head coach again, its just too bad the university probably isnt even thinking about him, i fully believe he could come in and change our program smh

OU was terrible after Griffin left

OU was terrible after Griffin left

This. Pretty sure Coach K just took pity on his former player and gave him an assitant gig.

I can not figure out how there isn't any Nebraska kids on scholarship here. I don't want to hear the whole we don't have any talent here either. We aren't loaded here in Ne but there has to be a few every year that could be a D-1 prospect. as far as Eliason, he basically said he met with Doc on a visit and said that he would go else where. Another problem I have is the fact that the only inside post players that we can get are the ones that have so many health problems that nobody wants them. Doc IS NOT doing his job on or off the court. NU is wasteing a lot of Dollars on a coach that can't recruit, struggles with team continuity, and can't coach them to do what ever his game plan is on a consistant basis. How in the world can TO just keep giving him a chance. I get that he wanted to give him a chance to recruit to the new facilities, but he wasn't even mediocre at recruiting before so what makes anyone think he is going to better with them. Yes I know it should make it easier, but I don't think he will be able to help pay for the facilities and arena with his services. Just to add I do trust in TO. I just don't get the logic in this one.

If Tom does make the decision to get rid of Doc, I really hope he also looks at getting rid of Marc Boehm. That guy is an absolute joke, even more so than the team Doc puts on the court. I cannot stand that guy and he has done nothing for the program.

Didn't he originally come with Pedey as a package from Pitt.....?

Per the local paper today...................T.O. refused to comment Monday on the status of the basketball program and/or coach Sadler...........

I'm probably parsing this too closely looking for clues...................but to me that sounds better than the obligatory..............."Doc is our coach and will be for the foreseeable future" type of boilerplate..........

Per the local paper today...................T.O. refused to comment Monday on the status of the basketball program and/or coach Sadler...........

I'm probably parsing this too closely looking for clues...................but to me that sounds better than the obligatory..............."Doc is our coach and will be for the foreseeable future" type of boilerplate..........

Isn't that kind of the same thing that happened with Mike Anderson?

I think it's probably a forgone coclusion about what is going to happen. The Mike Anderson release was inevitible. Common sense really with all the fan unrest surrounding the situation. Same thing with Doc. So much negativity swirling around the program right now, and unless there is the most drastic turnaround in the history of the world, that negativity is going to grow and become completely unignorable, facilities or not. **disclaimer**- I am a Doc supporter, but it's gradually becoming quite obvious that he can't get it done here. Liking the guy as a person doesnt mean you have to like him as the coach.

Agreed. I don't think there is much question that going out and paying more for a coach would reap great benefits. Not only would fans pack the new arena drawing money into the university but also being in tournament consideration and possibly (gasp) winning in the ncaa tournament brings about attention which effects enrollment and overall awareness of the institution. Go pay for a guy who will put us on the map. I am not saying we will be winning national championships or anything but making conference and ncaa tourney runs from time to time is possible.

I was absolutely giddy when I saw Tom wouldn't give a comment. 1620 had someone on, may have Robin Washburn but can't remember, who believed Tom has given Doc a number much like he did with billy c. Reach x amount of wins and you can stay, fail and I'll have to let you go. Either way, a no comment from Tom pretty much means Doc has to start fighting for his job.

I was absolutely giddy when I saw Tom wouldn't give a comment. 1620 had someone on, may have Robin Washburn but can't remember, who believed Tom has given Doc a number much like he did with billy c. Reach x amount of wins and you can stay, fail and I'll have to let you go. Either way, a no comment from Tom pretty much means Doc has to start fighting for his job.

just my gut, but I'm reading this in demeanor of recent statements from doc too... "just gonna focus on my job." there seems to be some wind gone from his sails. TO on sports nightly tonight (have to get the magnifying glass for my ears out...) parse away.

Hardly anyone answering the question! I would like to see TO aggressively pursue Oklahomas Lon Krueger. He has recruiting ties from coast to coast. Coached Florida, Illinois, K State, unlv, and in the pros!

I think with the new facilities it may be enticing to him. He knows the league. The only problem would be his price tag. I think OU is giving him something in the $2 mil range. Also I don't see any real ties to the school. The league maybe but not the school.

just heard on the zone that Altman's name is being bandied around (I apologize if there is already a thread on this, but didn't find it and just got off the road)..........

Supposedly his family would like to be back in Nebraska with his dad aging and wife likes to be "home"..............

If there is any truth to this, I wonder what it would take to pry him away from the Oregon $$$$$.................as well as the Doc 3.5 million buyout.........................hard to think we would shell out that amount.

To me, almost more than the WHO............is the STYLE...............one thing about Altman.........he presses, runs and shoots the 3...................a style that would go a long way in juicing up the crowd...

Plus, he is someone T.O. already knows and Dana certainly knows the area and the recruiting landscape................fwiw..........