S Marcus McWilson [Kentucky - Signed NLI]

Nexus

What happens if/when say 100 fans send him a message saying..."Hey...love to have you as a Husker" but then that one jack azz takes it one step too far and sends him..."Hey....I'll personally pay you $1,000 if you sign with the Huskers."?

Is he serious? What if the recruit sends back..."Hey...sounds great".

NOW...let's say the recruit does sign with Nebraska. What is the NCAA going to do? They have proof that at least $1,000 was offered.

This is what would make me extremely nervous as a coach to have fans have direct contact with recruits.

In regards to contacting a recruit via social media; won't fans have "unlimited" access once the new recruiting rules kick in starting August 1? I know that coaches will no longer have any restrictions but does that extend to fan bases as well? If so, I would expect A LOT more recruits to turn their recruitment into some sort of popularity circus. These new recruiting rules may end up damaging recruiting more than helping out...

What happens if/when say 100 fans send him a message saying..."Hey...love to have you as a Husker" but then that one jack azz takes it one step too far and sends him..."Hey....I'll personally pay you $1,000 if you sign with the Huskers."?

NOW...let's say the recruit does sign with Nebraska. What is the NCAA going to do? They have proof that at least $1,000 was offered.

This is what would make me extremely nervous as a coach to have fans have direct contact with recruits.

What if a fan from a rival team just goes around offering our recruits "money" just to try to get us in trouble?

What if a fan from a rival team just goes around offering our recruits "money" just to try to get us in trouble?

I gave OSU and Michigans classes a stick of gum each and some gas money..

• Fire 1

I have no idea....you tell me.

I'm assuming the NCAA would have to track down the IP address and find out who owns it. Obviously if they go into the guy's house and it's full of LSU gear, he isn't a fan/booster of the Huskers.

But if you switch your ip address then they wont find you

I have no idea....you tell me.

I'm assuming the NCAA would have to track down the IP address and find out who owns it. Obviously if they go into the guy's house and it's full of LSU gear, he isn't a fan/booster of the Huskers.

But if you switch your ip address then they wont find you

Which is why social media can't really be patrolled correctly or efficiently

What if the recruit in my scenario doesn't know that and thinks...."Crap, that guy just offered me $1,000 and now if I sign with them, everyone will think I took the money. I better just sign with Auburn."

You guys keep falling back on, "hey, they will never find me or enforce it". You ignore the nightmare that it can cause for the coaches that are trying to do their job.

• Fire 1

What if the recruit in my scenario doesn't know that and thinks...."Crap, that guy just offered me $1,000 and now if I sign with them, everyone will think I took the money. I better just sign with Auburn."

You guys keep falling back on, "hey, they will never find me or enforce it". You ignore the nightmare that it can cause for the coaches that are trying to do their job.

:yeah

There's an easy answer to that: just don't friggin' do it. Go search a high profile's twitter page who is still on the market. I guarantee he has fans of the schools he is considering who have tweeted him saying "Hey we would love to have you."

It's not that difficult of a concept, and it's not wrong, so I don't get why such a big deal has to be made of it. Yes, offering a recruit benefits would be a bad deal. So don't do it.