+1'ing? Who does it?

I don't think you can see it. I know the Mods can't see who gives rep. Maybe the Admins can.

I do know that the Mods/Admins can give out more than five per day, which is what the members can give. I tend to give them out liberally. They're like timeouts - you can't save them for the next game. Might as well use them.

• Fire 1

It's be cool if they brought -1ing back.

This, however, promotes more arguments between the posters. If Poster B quotes, disagrees with and -1's Poster A's content, Poster A will assume the -1 came from Poster B and will likely retort with a more negatively charged statement. People take their rep seriously, especially when it can be degraded. Furthermore, if a new person came on the board and had a disagreeable opinion, it was very easy for them to be deep in the negative early. I remember one poster came on here saying he thought Coach X (can't remember who) wasn't doing a good job, and before we knew it, he had -16 rep and never came back. Being disagreeable on one topic doesn't deserve to be significantly degraded in rep.

It's funny that AR Husker Fan has a rep count of 75, knapplc's is 1,472, and they're both considered "excellent".

Our rep ranking system must not be as advanced as our poster ranking system.

• Fire 3

oh the days of + and - :lol: I give the +1 when someone makes a good point, an informative post, a funny gif/picture or anything else that is worth the mark.

I will say there for a while when we first started it, you could tell it was the new toy. If i remember right I had 300+ on my rep before they reset. That has been awile ago and I currently have 103. I know people are sitting on the +1s now, because its obvious posters are denying my awesome posts and popular humor the rep points they deserve :dunno

^_^

• Fire 4

oh the days of + and - :lol: I give the +1 when someone makes a good point, an informative post, a funny gif/picture or anything else that is worth the mark.

I will say there for a while when we first started it, you could tell it was the new toy. If i remember right I had 300+ on my rep before they reset. That has been awile ago and I currently have 103. I know people are sitting on the +1s now, because its obvious posters are denying my awesome posts and popular humor the rep points they deserve :dunno

^_^

I look at the +1's I have and wonder, what the hell are people thinking...

• Fire 3
+1'ing? Who does it?

I spread them around a lot. I just +1ed everybody in this thread who didn't already have one. :lol:

Usually though, I just give them out if it's 1) a really funny post, or 2) something I totally agree with. {and (3) sometimes a post that I disagree with, but is very well thought out.}

• Fire 3

I try to find posts to use all of my +1's on every day.

One of my favorite things is when people reply to your post with "+1" but don't actually hit the +1 button :lol:

Ha ha! I may have done that a couple of times--if I burn through my quota and don't have one left to give. (Like right now, I'm done +1ing for the day.) I do try to go back and give that person a +1 the next day when I have +1s to give. But I'm sure there's been a time or two I've not followed up. :lol:

• Fire 2