Pelini on a Mission

Couldn't have said it better Enhance. On a personal note; after last off season and the resulting play I'm trying to not get my hopes too high because it's all just a bunch of words until it's inked in the box score. I've kind of written last year off because of so many new variable, but I'm really excited for the next few years no matter how much I try to keep myself in check. These guys really are on the verge of being a great team, I just hope they can keep their nose to the grind stone and get things polished out.

This article reaffirms what many have said on this board for a long time - the coaches know what's wrong and they're trying to fix it. What separates Nebraska from more elite programs, on this step in the journey, is correcting those issues and performing on the field at an adequate level. I wouldn't call these words 'refreshing', because I've felt for a long time that the coaches know what we do and more. They simply coincide with my mind set. But, again, knowing something and fixing it are two different things. There are many elite programs that face the same challenges we do (tough conferences, social media, rabid fan bases, etc.), and those coaches have found ways to work around it. We can credit our issues to a number of the reasons listed above, and I have faith that Pelini is going to do his absolute best to figure it out.

As fans, all we can do is hope things come to fruition; nobody wants to win more than these coaches and these players.

Very well said... +1

finally an authentic interview. His comparison of the rollercoaster fan base is spot on, but are we an exception? I live in LSU land and it's the same here. I think while it's a true assessment, other teams deal with it too. and better.

Also, Barney's here to stay and I completely disagree with his rotating Captains. I really don't think he understands the concept of a Captain's role on the team. I didn't agree with everything, but I appreciated the honesty.

• Fire 1

NIce to see the human side of Bo without the coach speak. The honest assessment of the program, the fans and the staff. He has finally said what I have been hoping to hear for quite a while. Honest answers to some hard questions. Nice to hear the frustration in his answers knowing what we have to do to get ot the next level. Also realizes we will never have top talent in every game, but need to compensate with better coaching, execution and commitment.

Great read.

i did not read the artilce...so why does bo now say he wants to do this,,,,has not been saying this when he got hired???i am confused
Maybe you should read the article then, it was just a question and answer type article about current issues and view points with Bo being pretty open and honest.
  • Fire 1