CB Priest Willis [UCLA Commit]

BIG ERN

With how Priest's dad talked about Nebraska and how Priest talked about Nebraska from the beginning I really thought he loved us far beyond all the others. But then when he visited, made a few comments about there not being much to do in Nebraska, and then he kept visiting top programs and hasn't said much since, it makes me think maybe he really does like some of these other schools. But then again, his dad had some really intensely positive comments about Nebraska just a couple weeks ago... so i'm confused. I don't think any of us really know what's going to happen at this point. I think we are bummed cause we've lost out on some big recruits we thought we'd get and now we're just trying to keep ourselves from being let down by letting this one go mentally. But Guys... I wouldn't be surprised at all if he really does pick us... but then again, I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't.

obviously NU should be recruiting his father then.

It it's priests choice and he will do what he feels is best for him

Is NU out of it? No, they are in good but still trailing.

With how Priest's dad talked about Nebraska and how Priest talked about Nebraska from the beginning I really thought he loved us far beyond all the others. But then when he visited, made a few comments about there not being much to do in Nebraska, and then he kept visiting top programs and hasn't said much since, it makes me think maybe he really does like some of these other schools. But then again, his dad had some really intensely positive comments about Nebraska just a couple weeks ago... so i'm confused. I don't think any of us really know what's going to happen at this point. I think we are bummed cause we've lost out on some big recruits we thought we'd get and now we're just trying to keep ourselves from being let down by letting this one go mentally. But Guys... I wouldn't be surprised at all if he really does pick us... but then again, I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't.

How come when the parents are against us (Ben Bradley), the kid listens to his parents. But when they are for us (Priest), they don't listen.....

I think all the people that said getting Priest wasn't as important because of a deep secondary need to reconsider after today's result. This is a must get IMO.

I disagree.

I know you've said that the coaches speak highly of King Frazier at RB, but do you know if he is able to play in the secondary? I ask this because if we were able to land Taylor and Newby it would make sense to move 1 or 2 current RB's to the secondary most likely Frazier and Heard.

I think all the people that said getting Priest wasn't as important because of a deep secondary need to reconsider after today's result. This is a must get IMO.

I disagree.

I know you've said that the coaches speak highly of King Frazier at RB, but do you know if he is able to play in the secondary? I ask this because if we were able to land Taylor and Newby it would make sense to move 1 or 2 current RB's to the secondary most likely Frazier and Heard.

No way he could play in the secondary. LB would be a more suitable option, but i don't think it is likely

I've said before if this guy came to Nebraska he would be starting at some point as a true freshmen. I'm not knocking the DB's we have, its just that Willis is a damn fine player. A true corner at that. Good size, speed, and agility. From this season all too often our DB's don't make a play on the ball or are awful when the try. Willis can take it to another level.

Priority or not, Willis would make Nebraska better and that's why we need him on our team.

I disagree.

No way he could play in the secondary. LB would be a more suitable option, but i don't think it is likely

Ok thanks, I wasn't sure how big Frazier was. Heard seems like a perfect fit for the secondary if we were to get the dynamic duo of Taylor and Newby.

They already tried switching Heard to CB. I'm sure he would be good but I'd rather not toy with him like that unless he is willing to do it. IMO, and a lot of you will probably call me crazy - Abdullah would be the best fit for CB. Heard is an up-and-comer at RB and may pass Ameer on the depth chart next year.

If Heard wants to play in the NFL, he really should consider becoming a DB. He a good RB, but I just don't know if he's going to get the touches. Maybe he will next year with Rex leaving.

If it weren't for the groin injury Heard's touches would have went up tenfold.

The secondary is the last of our worries with the guys we have. Rose will start next year at one of the spots. Wondering why we didn't see more of SJB today.

If Heard wants to play in the NFL, he really should consider becoming a DB. He a good RB, but I just don't know if he's going to get the touches. Maybe he will next year with Rex leaving.

The secondary is the last of our worries with the guys we have. Rose will start next year at one of the spots. Wondering why we didn't see more of SJB today.

I thought I saw SJB play pretty much the entire game after Green gave up that long TD pass early on.

Could be. I only remember him on an individual play. But you could be right.

I thought I saw SJB play pretty much the entire game after Green gave up that long TD pass early on.

They already tried switching Heard to CB. I'm sure he would be good but I'd rather not toy with him like that unless he is willing to do it. IMO, and a lot of you will probably call me crazy - Abdullah would be the best fit for CB. Heard is an up-and-comer at RB and may pass Ameer on the depth chart next year.

I agree. I'd definitely leave that type of decision up to Heard. But if I were him it's something to consider, injured groin or not.

I agree. I'd definitely leave that type of decision up to Heard. But if I were him it's something to consider, injured groin or not.

That isn't really agreeing with HuskerShark's statement. He was saying Abdullah would be better fit for corner because he thinks Heard has more upside at running back. Which is a statement I agree with, at least the part about Heard having more upside. I think he would have proven this had he gotten more carries throughout the season.