CB Priest Willis [UCLA Commit]

BIG ERN

M

Hey kiddo, your a Priest ... I'm a Pastor ... those are pretty similiar. I wear red glasses ... I still think you would good in them as well. Your the #1 recruit on my board right now. What do we need to do to close the deal? Please PM me and I'll see what I can do.

Sincerely, HeyBakerMark

Priest ... if I can bring in :bigredn: ewby ... would that be enough to secure your committme :bigredn: t as well?

Man, at this point we seem a real longshot to land Priest. Yet another big big time player we've come down to the end on and whiffed. Really too bad, because we need playmakers on D no matter the position! He could walk in and compete at safety from day 1 and probably start at corner after a year! Plus Bo would make him into a quality human being and is the best in the biz at putting DB's into the NFL.

Meanwhile, Miles is a lying douche who doesn't care about his players (OVERSIGNING-- hint hint Priest), and Mora is gonna bolt to the NFL in the near future. And ASU is ASU-- a football nobody, pretty campus, but a good place to catch the clap.

It's such a shame. I think we lose out on PW, though I'd love to eat crow...

Man, at this point we seem a real longshot to land Priest. Yet another big big time player we've come down to the end on and whiffed. Really too bad, because we need playmakers on D no matter the position! He could walk in and compete at safety from day 1 and probably start at corner after a year! Plus Bo would make him into a quality human being and is the best in the biz at putting DB's into the NFL.

Meanwhile, Miles is a lying douche who doesn't care about his players (OVERSIGNING-- hint hint Priest), and Mora is gonna bolt to the NFL in the near future. And ASU is ASU-- a football nobody, pretty campus, but a good place to catch the clap.

It's such a shame. I think we lose out on PW, though I'd love to eat crow...

i feel kinda the same way.... well we have managed to be in there for some great guys recently.... i feel that some of these guys didnt even give us a look a while back.... howeveer we still have some problems closing the deal (but who doesnt)...... its frustrating to inch closer and closer to our goals but i think we are progressing...... would love to have the priest but we still have a lot of ground to overcome

Big recruiting battles are always tough to "win." Even if you "win" you can still end up losing and some other team gets the player. Just look at all of the decommits at USC the past few weeks. Florida State and Alabama lost recruiting battles yesterday. When you are trying to recruit the highest rated recruits at any given position your chances of winning the commitment is low....even for the likes of Alabama. They don't land the best of the best at every position. That is why I hope for the best but remain realistic until you are in their final five or three....then I try to learn if there is a real shot.

Just read an interview from him at the UA game. Says we are still in it, mentions NU is where his trainer Toby is from and he like us alot. Calls LSU DB U and said he feels comfortable there.

Also said he may visit either Washington, UCLA or ASU for his final OV and then sit down with his parents and decide. Still have hope. We know Toby Wright and his step dad love NU, so i think we still have a decent shot to pull an upset but if i had to put money on it, it would be LSU, although he says hes looking to play early, doesnt matter if its corner, nickle, or saftey and obviosuly we could find a spot for him to play early over LSU.

Still hard to say what hes going to do.

Just read an interview from him at the UA game. Says we are still in it, mentions NU is where his trainer Toby is from and he like us alot. Calls LSU DB U and said he feels comfortable there.

Also said he may visit either Washington, UCLA or ASU for his final OV and then sit down with his parents and decide. Still have hope. We know Toby Wright and his step dad love NU, so i think we still have a decent shot to pull an upset but if i had to put money on it, it would be LSU, although he says hes looking to play early, doesnt matter if its corner, nickle, or saftey and obviosuly we could find a spot for him to play early over LSU.

Still hard to say what hes going to do.

I don't think he has any BETTER chance of playing time here than LSU. Les Miles will put the best players he has on the field regardless of class. If Priest comes in that good, he will see a lot of time no matter which school he attends.

someday Nebraska needs to start landing these kind of recruits, i know Pelini has landed some top recruits like aaron green and tyler moore but both of those guys either had family on the team or were a legacy, stars want to play with stars and it would be nice to land a kid like Priest because he could attract other player like him, now dont get me wrong i now that stars arent the only thing that matter and that Ameer Abdullah was a 2 star recruit

Ameer was a 3 star recruit that had plenty of offers

i'm pretty sure he was bumped up to a 3 star after he commited to nebraska, could be wrong but i think he was a two star on rivals before that

I'm any case it proves that stars don't matter. Ameer beat out a rivals top 50 RB in green

i wouldnt say that stars dont matter i dont think its a coincidence that there are a few teams in the top 10 in both the polls and recruiting classes, nebraska will probably never have a top 10 ranked recruiting class any time soon so finding guys like Ameer is very important

I know this is just looking at one site, but, right now we are sitting at #12 on Scout. We have 19 commits. Everyone but USC above us has more commits than we do.

So, it is feasible that if we would land a few players like Wills (5*), Newby (4*), Clark (4*) that we could move up in the rankings.

I don't see that it is inconceivable that we land a to 10 team even if it doesn't quite happen this year.

I know this is just looking at one site, but, right now we are sitting at #12 on Scout. We have 19 commits. Everyone but USC above us has more commits than we do.

So, it is feasible that if we would land a few players like Wills (5*), Newby (4*), Clark (4*) that we could move up in the rankings.

I don't see that it is inconceivable that we land a to 10 team even if it doesn't quite happen this year.

NICE!