CB Priest Willis [UCLA Commit]

BIG ERN

Okay, so if I'm following this correctly... He has Michigan in his top (whatever) but he has to ask another player how many spots are left and the other player will get him the coaches' number.

It doesn't sound to me like Michigan is recruiting him too hard. Wouldn't that be the type of info a highly sought recruit would already know from the coaches? Maybe I'm misunderstanding, but he doesn't even have the coaches phone number to call himself?

Then he says he just doesn't want to waste an official. Doesn't seem like there's a lot of hot interest from either side. Of course what do I know, it's been a long time since I was a 17-18 year old. ;)

You have the parties reversed. Priest tells another kid the coaches' numbers.

He had it right, I'm pretty sure as long as Shane Morris has been committed to UM he's got the coaches' numbers.

Okay, so if I'm following this correctly... He has Michigan in his top (whatever) but he has to ask another player how many spots are left and the other player will get him the coaches' number.

It doesn't sound to me like Michigan is recruiting him too hard. Wouldn't that be the type of info a highly sought recruit would already know from the coaches? Maybe I'm misunderstanding, but he doesn't even have the coaches phone number to call himself?

Then he says he just doesn't want to waste an official. Doesn't seem like there's a lot of hot interest from either side. Of course what do I know, it's been a long time since I was a 17-18 year old. ;)

You have the parties reversed. Priest tells another kid the coaches' numbers.

He had it right, I'm pretty as long as Shane Morris has been committed to UM he's got the coaches' numbers.

LMAO I think I am going to agree with you on this :hmmph

If a school has open scholarships from the previous year, the early enrollees will take up those scholarships but still count against the current years numbers. So if it still doesn't matter if USC has open schollies from the previous year, the early enrollees still count against this years class. They can take no more then 15 kids and that is including the early enrollees that use last years scholarships.

I disagree. So does USC, Georgia, and NU's 2005 recruiting class. But, maybe the schools whose business it is to know these thing are just all wrong. ;)

If a school has open scholarships from the previous year, the early enrollees will take up those scholarships but still count against the current years numbers. So if it still doesn't matter if USC has open schollies from the previous year, the early enrollees still count against this years class. They can take no more then 15 kids and that is including the early enrollees that use last years scholarships.

I disagree. So does USC, Georgia, and NU's 2005 recruiting class. But, maybe the schools whose business it is to know these thing are just all wrong. ;)

Yep you are right, Texas A&M already has 27 recruits this year, rumor is they might take 32. As has already been proven.... you can back count early enrollees.

Yep you are right, Texas A&M already has 27 recruits this year, rumor is they might take 32. As has already been proven.... you can back count early enrollees.

I understand that they can back count on scholarships that they did not use the previous year but the recruit still is counted towrd the year they are being recruited in. A&M might be able to take 32 this year because of the open scholarships from the previous year but it is still going to show that they signed 32 kids this year. The SEC does not allow back counting and can take no more then 25 kids in a given year and the deal with USC is that they CAN back count and that is why they can take more then the 15 kids that people( including me) thought they could only take.

I understand that they can back count on scholarships that they did not use the previous year but the recruit still is counted towrd the year they are being recruited in. A&M might be able to take 32 this year because of the open scholarships from the previous year but it is still going to show that they signed 32 kids this year. The SEC does not allow back counting and can take no more then 25 kids in a given year and the deal with USC is that they CAN back count and that is why they can take more then the 15 kids that people( including me) thought they could only take.

I get what your saying.

In case everyone missed it, Priest didnt visit LSU as scheduled on July 15. He still is giving them an official as well as us. Im starting to gain some confidence here, mostly from reading alot of quotes from him. Seems like the kind of kid that would like our culture and atmosphere around the program. Doesnt seem to fall for all the smoke and mirrors, and i think once he gets on campus and sees it for himself he will feel at home here....especially since Toby Wright has been his trainer for years. Some kids just see our culture and it lines up perfectly with their personalities and they feel like they belong... a la Marcus Newby, Christian LaCouture. I could see that happening here.

I get what your saying.

In case everyone missed it, Priest didnt visit LSU as scheduled on July 15. He still is giving them an official as well as us. Im starting to gain some confidence here, mostly from reading alot of quotes from him. Seems like the kind of kid that would like our culture and atmosphere around the program. Doesnt seem to fall for all the smoke and mirrors, and i think once he gets on campus and sees it for himself he will feel at home here....especially since Toby Wright has been his trainer for years. Some kids just see our culture and it lines up perfectly with their personalities and they feel like they belong... a la Marcus Newby, Christian LaCouture. I could see that happening here.

Never wanted someone to be so right in my life! Wait.... I was involved in a paternity test once where I was praying someone was right but this is in second place!! :)

What is going to show the 32 for a&m counting for this year? The point is that they can take more than 25 because some will officially be counting some as part of last year' class retroactively. I don't understand in what sense you are saying it will count for this year. It will for rivals rankings I guess.

Also, are you sure the sec doesn't allow back counting? Because mark richt sure seems to think it's allowed in the article above.

In any case, I suppose I've had enough o polluting this thread. Let's hope USC is indeed full and doesn't push someone into walking on so they can take priest.

I don't think you can back count. What you can do is sign a Juco and have him enroll first semester and count him in that year's total. So if you had 25 LOI's in Feb and 2 didn't qualify, you could have 2 Juco's sign in the fall and have them count towards that year's total.

My impression is that you can play the juco game or do grayshirts to help shift counts from 1 year to the next to meet the 15 limit, but the overall limit of 75 is the limit that's hard to work around.

I don't think you can back count. What you can do is sign a Juco and have him enroll first semester and count him in that year's total. So if you had 25 LOI's in Feb and 2 didn't qualify, you could have 2 Juco's sign in the fall and have them count towards that year's total.

My impression is that you can play the juco game or do grayshirts to help shift counts from 1 year to the next to meet the 15 limit, but the overall limit of 75 is the limit that's hard to work around.

See examples given above that three different major programs are openly planning to back count early enrollment kids for this class and we did it ourselves in 2005. Some pretty brazen cheating if it's not allowed.

Agree though that the 75/85 limit is typically the real limiting factor. Even that can be worked around with med schollies and running kids off, which seems rampant in the sec.