CB Priest Willis [UCLA Commit]

BIG ERN

While this is a USC interview from what he says I believe he's a perfect fit for Nebraska just like Rex was. He want's to get coached up and maximize his talent. He can get that from Pelini & Co. Pelini said something at the B1G that surprised me a bit. I'm paraphrasing but he said their defense is geared back to front which means it starts with the DB"s. I would think you would like that challenge as a DB. I think Willis would love that challenge.

http://youtube.googleapis.com/v/MPOKYFQHuY4

Not coming here, its reality. If he isnt going yo USC it will be LSU. Unless both fill up before he decides. Even then they will probably make room for him. We win the big10 this year and get to a BCS bowl and then we will have a shot with kids like this. Until then we are not even really in the running.

• Fire 1
Not coming here, its reality. If he isnt going yo USC it will be LSU. Unless both fill up before he decides. Even then they will probably make room for him. We win the big10 this year and get to a BCS bowl and then we will have a shot with kids like this. Until then we are not even really in the running.

Look, i would love to be wrong, but as recent history tells us we just dont have a realistic shot at these 5 star kids unless there is legacy or they are from nebraska. Ourprogram isnt at the level yet. To most of these kids we are a nice story from the midwest with great facilities. However, to the average 5 star we are an afterthought. You can say its not true but deep down you know it is.

Look, i would love to be wrong, but as recent history tells us we just dont have a realistic shot at these 5 star kids unless there is legacy or they are from nebraska. Ourprogram isnt at the level yet. To most of these kids we are a nice story from the midwest with great facilities. However, to the average 5 star we are an afterthought. You can say its not true but deep down you know it is.

What does every "5 star" kid look for in a school? Honest question. You seem to have spoken to most of them.

Look ez, no need for getting personal. I am simply stating facts. What is our history with 5 stars the last 4 years( heck go back 10)? Honest question. We have landed one or two. Compare that to USC or LSU. USC has 4 or 5 this year alone. I think history speaks for what the 5 stars typically want, and typically (in recent history) it isnt us. Not sure where you live, but i can tell you that here in michigan, nebraska really isnt taken very seriously. We are a school with good tradition and a good history. But, we are kind of a has-been program, not very relavent. It is what it is. Everytime one of these big-time prospects mentions the huskers everyone gets all ramped up that he is coming here, loves it, gives it a 10. Then the kid picks a different hat. I want it to change. For it to do that we need to become nationally recognized again. Until that happens we are going to continue to be another hat on the table. I think we are headed in the right direction fwiw, and love the class so far. Would just love to close the deal with one of these bih fish for once.

• Fire 3

What does every "5 star" kid look for in a school? Honest question. You seem to have spoken to most of them.

Rule number 1 in the recruiting forum: thou shall never give honest input that dismisses Nebraska's chances with a recruit.

Rule number 2: never downplay a recruits ability. If he is a 3 star 5.6 rated player, he is actually a 6.0 4 star that got snubbed by the services because he committed to Nebraska. I mean let's face it bo knows.

Rule number 3: don't ever give your own opinion. These recruiting junkies we got know the insides and outs of our recruits. Huskerfowler knew for sure the penn state CB decommit was coming here, only to verbally commit to Michigan 4 minutes later..

I agree with the op, our history is poor when it comes to highly rated players. In past years high profile players commit usually because they have some sort of in to the university. Steinkuler, green, Moore. Just playing the odds from the last ten years I'll say we have a slim chance. When was the last time we beat USC? Lucky? I don't remember any occasion of eating Lsu for a top 100 talent. I hope we get him AZ and bo in the defensive backfield seems to work, time will tell.

• Fire 1

Look ez, no need for getting personal. I am simply stating facts. What is our history with 5 stars the last 4 years( heck go back 10)? Honest question. We have landed one or two. Compare that to USC or LSU. USC has 4 or 5 this year alone. I think history speaks for what the 5 stars typically want, and typically (in recent history) it isnt us. Not sure where you live, but i can tell you that here in michigan, nebraska really isnt taken very seriously. We are a school with good tradition and a good history. But, we are kind of a has-been program, not very relavent. It is what it is. Everytime one of these big-time prospects mentions the huskers everyone gets all ramped up that he is coming here, loves it, gives it a 10. Then the kid picks a different hat. I want it to change. For it to do that we need to become nationally recognized again. Until that happens we are going to continue to be another hat on the table. I think we are headed in the right direction fwiw, and love the class so far. Would just love to close the deal with one of these bih fish for once.

Past performance does not guarantee future results.

Rule number 1 in the recruiting forum: thou shall never give honest input that dismisses Nebraska's chances with a recruit.

Rule number 2: never downplay a recruits ability. If he is a 3 star 5.6 rated player, he is actually a 6.0 4 star that got snubbed by the services because he committed to Nebraska. I mean let's face it bo knows.

Rule number 3: don't ever give your own opinion. These recruiting junkies we got know the insides and outs of our recruits. Huskerfowler knew for sure the penn state CB decommit was coming here, only to verbally commit to Michigan 4 minutes later..

I agree with the op, our history is poor when it comes to highly rated players. In past years high profile players commit usually because they have some sort of in to the university. Steinkuler, green, Moore. Just playing the odds from the last ten years I'll say we have a slim chance. When was the last time we beat USC? Lucky? I don't remember any occasion of eating Lsu for a top 100 talent. I hope we get him AZ and bo in the defensive backfield seems to work, time will tell.

1. No one likes to listen to pissing and moaning. Everybody here knows we don't sign a lot of five star prospects. Pointing out the obvious doesn't make you a "realist," it just makes you a debbie downer and a dick.

2. Same as 1. Plus, sometimes recruits like to read what fans say about them. If you think someone sucks, voice your opinion by not posting on their thread and thereby not bumping it up.

1. No one likes to listen to pissing and moaning. Everybody here knows we don't sign a lot of five star prospects. Pointing out the obvious doesn't make you a "realist," it just makes you a debbie downer and a dick.

2. Same as 1. Plus, sometimes recruits like to read what fans say about them. If you think someone sucks, voice your opinion by not posting on their thread and thereby not bumping it up.

If a recruit doesn't come to nebraska because a poster on a message board isn't impressed or speaks their mind, I feel bad for them. Also, I'm not a Debbie downer because I believe a recruit will chose another school, it just means I haven't yet drank the koolaid. I might go stir some black cherry up so I fit in better with the board.

Back to Willis. If he joined, I believe he would be the most talented hs corner/db Pelini has coached. Az football is starting to really make strides, getting Willis could really get our foot in the door with future recruits.

Will reply later, I'm on my iPad.