CB Priest Willis [UCLA Commit]

BIG ERN

Not coming here, its reality. If he isnt going yo USC it will be LSU. Unless both fill up before he decides. Even then they will probably make room for him. We win the big10 this year and get to a BCS bowl and then we will have a shot with kids like this. Until then we are not even really in the running.

Look, i would love to be wrong, but as recent history tells us we just dont have a realistic shot at these 5 star kids unless there is legacy or they are from nebraska. Ourprogram isnt at the level yet. To most of these kids we are a nice story from the midwest with great facilities. However, to the average 5 star we are an afterthought. You can say its not true but deep down you know it is.

What does every "5 star" kid look for in a school? Honest question. You seem to have spoken to most of them.

Rule number 1 in the recruiting forum: thou shall never give honest input that dismisses Nebraska's chances with a recruit.

Rule number 2: never downplay a recruits ability. If he is a 3 star 5.6 rated player, he is actually a 6.0 4 star that got snubbed by the services because he committed to Nebraska. I mean let's face it bo knows.

Rule number 3: don't ever give your own opinion. These recruiting junkies we got know the insides and outs of our recruits. Huskerfowler knew for sure the penn state CB decommit was coming here, only to verbally commit to Michigan 4 minutes later..

I agree with the op, our history is poor when it comes to highly rated players. In past years high profile players commit usually because they have some sort of in to the university. Steinkuler, green, Moore. Just playing the odds from the last ten years I'll say we have a slim chance. When was the last time we beat USC? Lucky? I don't remember any occasion of eating Lsu for a top 100 talent. I hope we get him AZ and bo in the defensive backfield seems to work, time will tell.

Please show me where i said Ross was coming here for sure? I never said he was coming here for sure, i said we had a good shot at getting him. When Michigan offered and everyone said hes gone, i said i didnt understand why everyone was saying that, forgetting that his final 2 were michigan and penn st before he committed to Penn st. I never said he was coming here for sure, thats laughable.

I did say Stanton was coming for sure 2 weeks before he committed, also said Marcus Newby would be committing soon, i am also on the record saying Sandland will be N as well. If im wrong i could really care less, its impossible to predict kids changing their minds, in fact if i did say Ross was for sure coming here and i was wrong i would say ya your right i was worng about that one.

I dont claim to be a recruiting expert, im bored at work and i pass on info from sites i pay to be on because i like this site, and others do the same from other paid sites, so we get alot of different info on here from different sources. I think its cool how it kind of all comes together on one organized site. Your welcome for all the free info by the way.

Atleast i have the balls to voice my opinion and go out on a limb ... not just show up every once and ahwile and make smart ass comments, i will be really suprised if you even show back up to show me where i said Ross Douglas was coming "for sure". I remember saying that if its stays an US vs Wisky showdown i really like our chances, thats as far as i went with him, because their wasnt much info about him out there.

I'll be the first to tell you i dont have inside info. I have a cousin on the team, but i get the majority of my info from reading recruiting sites, seeing the recruits comments from visting various schools watching alot of film and making an educated guess. Next time atleast do your homework before calling me out....dont put words in my mouth.

why does everyone think he is gone? Sure Michigans on a roll this year, but he has visited us, and our track reocrd with recruits who actually make it here for a visit is really good. I wouldnt count this over just yet, but it definitely hurt our chances. We did beat them for LaCouture mind you.

Just because he sounded excited on twitter doesnt mean anything, remember he visited us secretly while he was still committed, so we really dont know how excited he was about his trip here....atleast i havent seen much on it.

If this comes down to us and Wisky, i like our chances. Im sure more teams will jump on him thou. Good that he visited us first, before he even decommitted.

Here is my quote go ahead and show me where i said we were getting him for sure.

Wasn't trying to put words in your mouth. You said something along the lines of I could see him committing soon. I should have rephrased what I said, but it seems like there are only handful of posters in the recruiting section whose input is accepted. Anyone else who posts their opinion is a "Debbie downer" or a "troll". Part of my enjoyment in reading up on recruits is seeing different ideas and peoples perspectives. Just because someone has a bad feeling about a recruit shouldn't mean their input is unnecessary.

I feel huskerjax voiced his mind and I feel the same way. Ez-e's smart ass comment is what led me to throw fowlers name out and I'm sorry about that. I really do appreciate everyone's input, especially those who pay and bring the news here. I feel recruiting is the most intriguing and exciting part of husker football, so keep the good work going.

Wasn't trying to put words in your mouth. You said something along the lines of I could see him committing soon. I should have rephrased what I said, but it seems like there are only handful of posters in the recruiting section whose input is accepted. Anyone else who posts their opinion is a "Debbie downer" or a "troll". Part of my enjoyment in reading up on recruits is seeing different ideas and peoples perspectives. Just because someone has a bad feeling about a recruit shouldn't mean their input is unnecessary.

I feel huskerjax voiced his mind and I feel the same way. Ez-e's smart ass comment is what led me to throw fowlers name out and I'm sorry about that. I really do appreciate everyone's input, especially those who pay and bring the news here. I feel recruiting is the most intriguing and exciting part of husker football, so keep the good work going.

Here is the thing, if he would have phrased it as his opinion and expressed it that way it would have been totally different. Read his post. If he would have said "I think he ends up here or here due to this or that,", I wouldn't have used the gundy reference.

Reason there are only a handful of posters who I usually listen to is because it seems everyone gets caught up on stars. I saw people that when Courtney Love committed were upset for God sakes. There are only a few posters here with an objective opinion. I'll read everyone, but I take certain people's opinion with a grain of salt. If you do your research, think objectively and point out flaws or weaknesses about a certain players game and those are reasons you don't like them I can accept that.

Back to the 5 stars agrument, why did Owa choose UCLA? Why are there a few that sign with ND? Are they title contenders? I don't believe so. FSU signed a few last year I believe as well. Was it because they were title contenders?

Fact of the matter is that Willis will be on campus for a big game and that gives us a shot. Does USC have a leg up due to location and media prestige? Absolutely. But that does not write us off at all.

I'm sorry, all of your responses are in no way correct and for reading what has previously been written, we are all now dumber. I award every other fan forum site a point, and may God have mercy on us all.

Geez, a simple no would have sufficed.

Sorry to go Billy Madison on all yo' a$$es and I dont post much but I frequent this site a lot, it has good and bad information, but can we please stick to why we view this website 20x a day?

• Fire 1

I'm sorry, all of your responses are in no way correct and for reading what has previously been written, we are all now dumber. I award every other fan forum site a point, and may God have mercy on us all.

Geez, a simple no would have sufficed.

Sorry to go Billy Madison on all yo' a$$es and I dont post much but I frequent this site a lot, it has good and bad information, but can we please stick to why we view this website 20x a day?

WTF!!! Then go away!

In a somewhat surprising decision, DE Torrodney Prevot out of Alief, TX just announced his commitment to U$C. Which means they should be about full for this class when you consider their scholly constraints.. This could help our chances with Willis....

We still have to worry about ND and LSU then. I belive with USC out we will be third before his OV.

In a somewhat surprising decision, DE Torrodney Prevot out of Alief, TX just announced his commitment to U$C. Which means they should be about full for this class when you consider their scholly constraints.. This could help our chances with Willis....

We still have to worry about ND and LSU then. I belive with USC out we will be third before his OV.

Very true. But anytime we see U$C out of the picture, it is a good thing. They have been cleaning up all over the country...

What do you mean about full? You're talking Lane Kiffin. Here come mysterious transfers, players leaving the program...

They can only take 18, they are done. Not saying they wont find room for Priest but they "should" be done.

Rumor is they wanted to take Priest but he told them he still wanted to go thru the process so they took Prevots committment. A WR prospect of theirs tore his ACL...will Kiffin pull his scholly? USC guys are still confident they will get rid of Jason Hatcher for Priest when he finally decides to commit to them. Also #1 prospect Nkemdiche has an official this fall.....craziness.

This is great news, the longer Priest holds out the better and better our chances get, especially if we have a great year.

They can only take 18, they are done. Not saying they wont find room for Priest but they "should" be done.

Rumor is they wanted to take Priest but he told them he still wanted to go thru the process so they took Prevots committment. A WR prospect of theirs tore his ACL...will Kiffin pull his scholly? USC guys are still confident they will get rid of Jason Hatcher for Priest when he finally decides to commit to them. Also #1 prospect Nkemdiche has an official this fall.....craziness.

This is great news, the longer Priest holds out the better and better our chances get, especially if we have a great year.

If they make room for just one guy who would they take? Priest or Nkemdiche?

What do you mean about full? You're talking Lane Kiffin. Here come mysterious transfers, players leaving the program...

Over on the rivals mainboard a USC-fan was say they may take 19 because a guy was "giving-up" his schollie and becoming a walk-on. Ya, I'm sure that was totally the kid's idea and he wasn't yet another kid LK wanted to out to make schollie space.

I agree ... expect U$C to take 22 recruits this year. They seem to take three or four more then anyone ever thought they could.