CB Priest Willis [UCLA Commit]

BIG ERN

If a school has open scholarships from the previous year, the early enrollees will take up those scholarships but still count against the current years numbers. So if it still doesn't matter if USC has open schollies from the previous year, the early enrollees still count against this years class. They can take no more then 15 kids and that is including the early enrollees that use last years scholarships.

But this doesn't work out with them signing 16 last year and already having 18 verbals this year.

Which says that they are not following the punishment handed down to them by the NCAA on the 15 a year.

If a school has open scholarships from the previous year, the early enrollees will take up those scholarships but still count against the current years numbers. So if it still doesn't matter if USC has open schollies from the previous year, the early enrollees still count against this years class. They can take no more then 15 kids and that is including the early enrollees that use last years scholarships.

But this doesn't work out with them signing 16 last year and already having 18 verbals this year.

Which says that they are not following the punishment handed down to them by the NCAA on the 15 a year.

Sorry I edited, I did some more research. They signed 17 last year with 5 of them being early enrollees that counted towards the previous year limit. 12 of them counted for 2012, so they still have 3 available.

One additional complication is that school's are NOT limited by NCAA in how many kids they sign in Feb. (although some conferences have rules about that like the SEC's recent rules). So, depending on P12 rules, USC can sign as many as they want as long as they're at 15 or less on schollie come fall.

I'm not sure the wording of their punishment ever says "15 per year"..... I believe it's more worded towards the loss of 10 scholarships per year for 3 years! Just like our only concern is 85. Their only concern is 75!

FWIW: He doesn't say top what...

"@S_Morris12 how long do you think that last Michigan spot is going to be open ? There in my top"

@pwillisjr3 we got 2-3 spots left... I'll messaged you coaches number

@S_Morris12 ok cause if there isnt any left i didnt want to wste a visit or anything

Priest asked a michigan commit how long till they were all full because priest said there one of his top teams. Guy responded that they have 2-3 spots remaining and that he would give priest some coaches numbers. Priest then responds by saying he didn't want to waste an official visit if they were already full.

Okay, so if I'm following this correctly... He has Michigan in his top (whatever) but he has to ask another player how many spots are left and the other player will get him the coaches' number.

It doesn't sound to me like Michigan is recruiting him too hard. Wouldn't that be the type of info a highly sought recruit would already know from the coaches? Maybe I'm misunderstanding, but he doesn't even have the coaches phone number to call himself?

Then he says he just doesn't want to waste an official. Doesn't seem like there's a lot of hot interest from either side. Of course what do I know, it's been a long time since I was a 17-18 year old. ;)

• Fire 1

Okay, so if I'm following this correctly... He has Michigan in his top (whatever) but he has to ask another player how many spots are left and the other player will get him the coaches' number.

It doesn't sound to me like Michigan is recruiting him too hard. Wouldn't that be the type of info a highly sought recruit would already know from the coaches? Maybe I'm misunderstanding, but he doesn't even have the coaches phone number to call himself?

Then he says he just doesn't want to waste an official. Doesn't seem like there's a lot of hot interest from either side. Of course what do I know, it's been a long time since I was a 17-18 year old. ;)

You have the parties reversed. Priest tells another kid the coaches' numbers.

You have the parties reversed. Priest tells another kid the coaches' numbers.

Nope, he had it right...