CB Priest Willis [UCLA Commit]

BIG ERN

It would be huge for our program to land those kids. Like my Pelini quote below says, we dont get that many kids that are ready made like these kids are. So in my eyes it would be huge because the 3 or4 mentioned would play right away and would really help us with our 2013 run....especially the juco kids. I doubt we will ever have the type of class michigan has, not very realistic without a NC run like we did in the 90s...even then i doubt it...have you seen USCs class....ridiculous

USC and Michigan have classes you would probably struggle to pull on a video game. I hate it.

Not trying to derail the thread, but what makes Ann Arbor so much easier to recruit to? Serious question, as I have never been there.

I can't comment on the town itself, though I've heard it's nice, but the amount of talent available within reasonable driving distance is much, much greater than what is available to us. Of course, they are also one of the top football programs, dripping with tradition and a hot new coach, but most of their class is from Michigan, Ohio or Illinois. If we could get that same level of talent from neighboring states, things would be a lot different. Of course, it would help if we could get back to dominating the top recruits that are nearby.

Not trying to derail the thread, but what makes Ann Arbor so much easier to recruit to? Serious question, as I have never been there.

I can't comment on the town itself, though I've heard it's nice, but the amount of talent available within reasonable driving distance is much, much greater than what is available to us. Of course, they are also one of the top football programs, dripping with tradition and a hot new coach, but most of their class is from Michigan, Ohio or Illinois. If we could get that same level of talent from neighboring states, things would be a lot different. Of course, it would help if we could get back to dominating the top recruits that are nearby.

this

I'm sure there are other factors, but look at states close to Lincoln vs states close to Ann Arbor. Recruits mention proximity as an important factor all the time.

Missouri 6 million

Iowa 3 million

Kansas 2.8 million

Nebraska 1.8 million

Total: 13.6 million

Michigan 9.8 million

Ohio 11.5 million

Indiana 6.5 million

Total: 27.8

A Neb fan tweeted Priest about his interest in NU and he said...."in the top for sure" when asked about USC by a USC fan he said all the spots are full

That's too bad, well too bad for the kid Kiffin is about to take a scholly away from so he can give it to Willis.

I'm sure there are other factors, but look at states close to Lincoln vs states close to Ann Arbor. Recruits mention proximity as an important factor all the time.

Missouri 6 million

Iowa 3 million

Kansas 2.8 million

Nebraska 1.8 million

Total: 13.6 million

Michigan 9.8 million

Ohio 11.5 million

Indiana 6.5 million

Total: 27.8

Don't forget 13 mIllion more in Illinois.

Willis visiting LSU on August 10th, that spells trouble.

It doesn't spell trouble any more than it did the first time someone posted that info. He's always planned on visiting them. He had to cancel a trip to see them earlier.

It spells trouble in the fact that he will spend his own money to travel to Louisiana, and then probably take an OV there as well for the Bama game.

Willis visiting LSU on August 10th, that spells trouble.

It doesn't spell trouble any more than it did the first time someone posted that info. He's always planned on visiting them. He had to cancel a trip to see them earlier.

It spells trouble in the fact that he will spend his own money to travel to Louisiana, and then probably take an OV there as well for the Bama game.

We've already known this for awhile though. So I guess I'm just saying your reaction is delayed :P