Running Back for 2013

walksalone

Going back to the original question, it's gotta be Green. Let Abdullah be a special teams beast, but Green has to tote the rock in 2013.

Green. Abdullah is going to fumble his way out of a back-up job unless he drastically changes this year

I guess unless we land some insane 5 star stud RB, it is probably going to be Green. I'm just not sold on if its going to be a smooth transition like we had from Roy to Rex. I would like to see Green get some more carries this year, to give us a gauge on where he is and if he's truly ready to become the featured back. Or if it's going to be RB by committee due to multiple reasons.

I know this is wayyyyyyyyyyy early, but I was wondering, with this being Rex's senior year, are we going to use this year as an impromptu "tryout" for who's going to be the feature back? I'm thinking it'll probably be more like running back by committee, as I'm not sure if anyone of those guys are really going to set themselves apart from the others.

Sorry, this is what the offseason does to people

Guess you didn't hear. Bo plans to start Rex every game in 2013 at every position.

I thought Rex got a little tired in some of those games and he would be better if he got spelled. I agree with some others that this staff could do a better job of subbing in their younger players. Green was kind of snake bit last year. There were several times where he could of had the corner on the pitch or was wide open but Taylor held onto the ball too long and didn't see him.

I thought Rex got a little tired in some of those games and he would be better if he got spelled. I agree with some others that this staff could do a better job of subbing in their younger players. Green was kind of snake bit last year. There were several times where he could of had the corner on the pitch or was wide open but Taylor held onto the ball too long and didn't see him.

Amazing! Even this thread getting geared towards "its Taylor's fault"... :facepalm:

I think Green will be the main guy after Rex is gone. Abdullah might be ahead right now, but I think Green's ceiling is a little higher. I don't think we'll have any shortage of talented running backs. Nebraska has always done well at recruiting running backs. Not a position I'm really worried about in the near or distant future.

Amazing! Even this thread getting geared towards "its Taylor's fault"... :facepalm:

Amazing! One post!

In an option offense, the QB and the RB are a fairly similar position. A conversation about the running backs in an option offense is bound to touch on the play of the guy giving them the ball.

Chill out broseph.

From what I have seen:

1. Abdullah. (Needs to work on ball security.)

2. Green. (Might be a better threat catching passes out of the backfield.)

3. Imani Cross. (To be honest . . . I'm not sure why this guy got an offer. I don't ever see him catching on at RB.)

really? he may not be any good.......but he is a a big guy and we need some big guys to block and run in the B1G.

rivals had him rated #25 in running backs from the class of 2012....sounds like he at least has a chance to develop.

• Fire 1

I bought a Coke this morning, and it didn't taste that great. I noticed that behind the 'Coca-Cola' logo in small letters was 'TM'. Therefore, it's Taylor Martinez's fault my Coke sucked.

• Fire 2

From what I have seen:

1. Abdullah. (Needs to work on ball security.)

2. Green. (Might be a better threat catching passes out of the backfield.)

3. Imani Cross. (To be honest . . . I'm not sure why this guy got an offer. I don't ever see him catching on at RB.)

really? he may not be any good.......but he is a a big guy and we need some big guys to block and run in the B1G.

rivals had him rated #25 in running backs from the class of 2012....sounds like he at least has a chance to develop.

I don't know or care what Rivals said. To me he looks slow on film. Little burst and below average top end speed. He won't be able to run through tackles like that at the FBS level.

Hopefully I'm completely wrong. That'd make my day, actually. No doubt the coaches no way more about football than I ever will so everyone should definitely trust their judgment over mine. I'm just adding input as to what I see from his highlights.

Is everybody forgetting about Mike Marrow? If the hype holds true, he will ease the load on Rex this year and then be the primary back in 2013 while the other RBs get their share of snaps. Who knows what will happen between now and then, but I would hope that either Green, Abdullah, or Cross would show promise as the next workhorse sometime in the next 2 years.

I think Mike Marrow can be pretty valuable as a FB but the guy is huge and I can't imagine he has the speed or quickness to be an every down guy.

I don't think any one guy takes over the carries even next year. I think they will go back to what we've seen in the past where multiple guys play certain roles. Rex is pretty special in that he does everything well.

Rex did not have to get as many carries as he did in some of those games. We would have beaten Iowa even if he would have carried the ball 25 times. Aaron Green or Ameer Abdullah NEED to get 10-15 carries a game next season. We need them to be able to do that.