SIGNED RB Terrell Newby

Nexus

Maybe, maybe not... Stanton will redshirt, Armstrong will sit one more year. Is Armstrong better right now then Kellogg? Yes we give the love to Tommy but the truth is, the coaches are comfortable wit Kellogg behind Martinez. Do I think Kellogg will hold the #2 spot his senior season? Probably not because Armstrong needs to develop but... I still think Kellogg can play at a high (probably higher) level then Armstrong right now. We'll have to wait and see though. Unfortunately, Kellogg didn't get many chances this year.

The head coach was standing right behind me when Terrell anounced and his exact quote was "Well, he's gona need an overcoat". I said he'll be able to focus on football and he said "no problem there, he's an excellent student and you're getting a good one"

http://rivals.yahoo....ebraska-1112018

You are absolutely correct when you say that was his exact quote. You can hear him say it at the 5:16 mark.

Thanks for posting, I was wondering if it made it on to the rivals video. I actually asked Terrell a question during the press conference and I know that it got cut out of the video.

I'm not trying to make the head coach look like a d bag, but I did think it was obvious he favored Ucla, the first thing he said when he walked into the announcement ceremony was "is that my UCLA hat on the table". He could just be a jokester, but at least it tells us that Terrell really wanted to be a Husker and stuck to his guns despite possibly being influenced by someone close to him like his head coach.

Maybe, maybe not... Stanton will redshirt, Armstrong will sit one more year. Is Armstrong better right now then Kellogg? Yes we give the love to Tommy but the truth is, the coaches are comfortable wit Kellogg behind Martinez. Do I think Kellogg will hold the #2 spot his senior season? Probably not because Armstrong needs to develop but... I still think Kellogg can play at a high (probably higher) level then Armstrong right now. We'll have to wait and see though. Unfortunately, Kellogg didn't get many chances this year.

Over the next 4years it will be the most debated issue on any board, unless Armstrong tears it up like Manziel. The backup QB is the most popular person on the team, and it outta be hell of a battle in 2014. Not talking about next year.

What did you ask him HuskerT?

Asked him when he knew that Nebraska was the right school for him, he said he knew for sure when the 4 Husker offensive coaches came to see him at his in-home visit. He knew then how much the staff wanted him and he felt very comfortable having them in his home.

His parents are incredibly nice people and he has a little brother who's about 11 or 12 and they say he's every bit the athlete that his brother was at that age. So I say we keep an eye on him. lol

If this has been answered already I apologize, but I don't follow recruiting that much.

If this guy is the "#1 RB in California," how in the world is he only a four-star recruit?

The best answer that I can give you Knapp is that he started out as a 3 star kid and it really is unprecidented for rivals to admit that they made that big of a mistake on a kid. Also, he isn't going to USC. The dude really blew up his senior year and just tore defenses up to the tune of about 2700 yards. He is a 4 star 6.0 guy which is right on the cusp of a 5th star. He won't get it though. I do believe that both Adam Taylor and Terrell Newby are both worthy of 5 stars and I don't say that very often. Two very special backs and in my personal opinion, the best running backs coming out of HIGH SCHOOL that Bo Pelini has ever signed.

Asked him when he knew that Nebraska was the right school for him, he said he knew for sure when the 4 Husker offensive coaches came to see him at his in-home visit. He knew then how much the staff wanted him and he felt very comfortable having them in his home.

His parents are incredibly nice people and he has a little brother who's about 11 or 12 and they say he's every bit the athlete that his brother was at that age. So I say we keep an eye on him. lol

Lane Kiffin has already offered him a scholarship...

• Fire 1

Lane Kiffin has already offered him a scholarship...

I see what you did there.

A lot of the rankings are based off freshman, sophomore, and junior year performances. They rarely ever look at senior film and adjust the rankings by doing detailed analysis and comparisons of each player. For example, our newest DT was ranked at the same position rank area as another commited DT for a B1G team and I laughed at the ranking as there was a clear difference on film between the two players.

We have the top running back in Cali and the top one from Texas. Dear Lord, we have one hell of a great problem to have.

top Cali QB too. We have some serious appeasement issues coming up.

If we get that 2014 QB Darlington we'd have QB's who won state championships in California, Florida, and Texas