Danny O'Brien To Wisconsin

Treand3

Gotta do what you gotta do to win.

If he's essentially a drop back passer, Wiscy is going to have one hell of a bad time in Lincoln.

I agree that this guy probably won't hurt us much, but their running game could still give us fits. We've played some bad run defense the last couple years.

Gotta do what you gotta do to win.

If he's essentially a drop back passer, Wiscy is going to have one hell of a bad time in Lincoln.

I agree that this guy probably won't hurt us much, but their running game could still give us fits. We've played some bad run defense the last couple years.

I guess I should amend that to their PASSING game not hurting us :).

ACC rookie of the year back in 2010 and shouldered with a bad supporting cast last year...he's definitely an improvement over the injury stricken QB's we have now.

He's not nearly as good as Russel Wilson but I'm happy with it. I doubt he'll win us the conference but with this addition we'll be a contender again next year. He doesn't have to be awesome, he just needs to not lose the game on plays Montee doesn't touch the ball.

As far as "hiring" our next "mercenary" and "without him they're starting down a 6-7 win season".....whatever man. :frenchy

Man this guy throws a nice on-the-run ball.

In the video above, but look at the 1:15 mark for one example. There's a slow-mo replay after that. I'm impressed with how well he is making these throws. Even as a freshman he seems to be quite polished and accurate.

Yeah I get that Bo has a good track record with stopping the guys who aren't really a running threat.

I'd still rather have a less talented guy to face off against, all things considered. This seems like an upgrade for Wisky. you never know with transfers though.

Funny I should mention Evridge...he actually wrote into ESPN's mailblog recently...

Allan Evridge from Seasons Past writes: Hey Adam, love the blog. I just wanted to stop in to remind the Badger faithful and the crestfallen Nittany Lions fans about ME! Russel Wilson gave Bielema arguably his best season, but I gave him his worst. Perhaps Bielema should reconsider his "One QB Recruit" per year rule because talented transfer quarterbacks don't always work out. I would know.

Adam Rittenberg: Wow, didn't expect to hear from you, Allan. Yes, it's good to remind everyone that quarterback transfers don't always work out. There were other reasons the 2008 season went south in Madison, but the Badgers didn't have great QB play by any means. To expect Danny O'Brien to be another Russell Wilson is unrealistic. But O'Brien gives Wisconsin another option -- an option with a lot of FBS game experience -- at a position filled with question marks right now. He fills a need. As I wrote Wednesday, Wisconsin doesn't need O'Brien to be first-team All-Big Ten to win the Leaders division. But the Badgers can't have the quarterback position be a liability.

http://espn.go.com/b...day-mailblog-90

Adam Rittenberg: Wow, didn't expect to hear from you, Allan. Yes, it's good to remind everyone that quarterback transfers don't always work out. There were other reasons the 2008 season went south in Madison, but the Badgers didn't have great QB play by any means.

Rittenberg is such a bully. :lol: