Nebraska Alternative (aka Sacrilegious) Uniform Slamma Ramma Extravaganza 2012

I wonder if the players have seen any concepts yet. According to one player I talked to, Adidas created some "sick" black uniforms for the 2011 season, which Nebraska declined to use. They're still sitting in the stadium somewhere.

I think a lot of this has to do with recruiting and player interests. Some players I talked to love the idea of alt unis, and really wish the AD would look into it more than they do. Oregon's Nike contract has been monstrously successful for them. Although anybody who comes to Nebraska should know (and come to expect) most of us don't like a lot of variability, I think a lot of recruits out there are interested in places that will offer some form of alt unis. It's fun for the players but also for a lot of the fans/media.

If the uniforms involve black, I think it's pretty safe to say that they aren't going to be the same design with different colors (like most of the concept photoshop images in this thread). That barely qualifies as alternate, and isn't anything close to what is being discussed. Unless black is somehow "futuristic".

If the uniforms involve black, I think it's pretty safe to say that they aren't going to be the same design with different colors (like most of the concept photoshop images in this thread). That barely qualifies as alternate, and isn't anything close to what is being discussed. Unless black is somehow "futuristic".

I agree. If black is to be a staple of the alt uni, I feel confident they will revamp the style outside of simplistic color scheme changing. That would be boring and uninteresting.

I'd be curious about a poll asking if fans would trade the traditional unis for something 'Oregon-esque', if it meant more player excitement, more wins, and a good recruitment tool. Not that Oregon has good colors anyway, but last I checked they're doing pretty well and getting good recruits with what the rest of the country seemingly is overwhelmed with their hatred with their jerseys. But guess what? THEY GET TALKED ABOUT EVERY WEEK, and last I checked, bad publicity = publicity. And Husker fans...this is ONE game we're talking about.

Not that I don't love the Nebraska tradition, but somehow...I'm thinking die-hards care more about tradition than winning, and is that really the goal?

Not that I don't love the Nebraska tradition, but somehow...I'm thinking die-hards care more about tradition than winning, and is that really the goal?

I'm more of a traditionalist in the sense of why change what has worked and that NU stands out MORE because of the tradition aspect versus FOLLOWING a trend. If NU starts a trend, I'd consider that outstanding even if it bucks tradition. Not sure how following a trend, makes NU stand out. Really, it just makes NU like most everyone other program. Changing NU's uniform is only oustanding to us NU fans because its new to us. I would think think if NU makes changing their uniforms a less rare occurance, it will eventually be met with a yawn.

There is always this look...http://nextgenunifor...giate/big-ten/#

BOOM! I could go for this:

nebraska-cornhuskers2.pngnebraska-cornhuskers5.png

YES

If they ever make the helmets look like that, I will make it my life's work to destroy every one of those N stickers so that they never see the light of day. While I'm at it, I'll burn all of the black jerseys. You don't give the offense blackshirts. They're not blackshirts. Those are for the starting defense, in practice. You don't sell out on that.

• Fire 1

This thread has so much win!!!

An alt jersey, discussion of the b*******, gif bombing, that cool pic of our jerseys through out the year and Knapplc busted a 'stay golden ponyboy'

Some random thoughts:

Do you think this has anything to do with the consulting firm Bo hired to help w recruiting?

I think people would be freaking out if it was someone other than TO doing this.