Taylor will be on the Big 10 Football Report Tonight

When I'm getting surgery, I don't want a doctor that has a great bedside manner. I want a nerd who knows what he's doing.

When I'm looking for a QB, the last thing I care about is whether he's good in front of a mic. Can he run, can he pass, can he lead the team? That's all I care about.

Well right, but being able to string together a couple of coherent sentences isn't necessarily a bad thing either.

Neither is having good teeth. Neither is being a swell guy. Neither is the ability to hold your breath for two minutes. But none of those things have anything to do with being a quarterback.

• Fire 1

I think Taylor's throwing motion is less like he's throwing a shot put than it was last year. He seems quicker in the pass as well. We'll see. As far as his interviewing skills-he's a kid. He's nervous, doesn't want to say the wrong thing, knows that Husker Nation is watching and just ready to jump him if he says something wrong-pfft-who cares. As long as he wins games this year I could care less about his interviewing skills. That will come along with maturity.

• Fire 2

Much like Aspergers or High functioning, I think he has "Press" Autisum, "A total lack of social skills when it come to talking to the Press". That being said, I cannot believe the difference in his throwing motion. That's 50% of the battle, now wait and see if his decision making on the field has improved.

I want to see his long ball mechanics, because that's often where they were most atrocious. He'd step back, lean on his back foot, tilt his eyes to the sky and throw it side armed like a frisbee. Fortunately, he seems to throw a pretty accurate long ball outside of the mechanics.

Ive always thought his passing game had to be just serviceable at minimum. We have to have that legitimate threat. Whether it's his fault or not (I throw some blame to Watson and receivers as well) that threat just was not there the last couple years. 5 or 6 games into 2010, people figured out how to stop his big play, and to this day we still have not found a way to counteracting the selling out on a defense's part. We've made some big plays in the pass game, but in no where near the consistency that it needs to be. I look forward to this year for Taylor. If his pass game becomes a legitimate threat with the receivers we have, I look for him to be able to break some huge runs again.

His interviews are always so ridiculously short, but I think he's afraid to divulge any information to the media. Have to say though, with previous lashing attacks from writers like Dirk Chatelain, I can't say I blame him for being a little hesitant.

That's because when he does talk, some fans go full retard and cherry pick partial quotes and use them out of context to fit their pre-determined agenda.

• Fire 4

His interviews are always so ridiculously short, but I think he's afraid to divulge any information to the media. Have to say though, with previous lashing attacks from writers like Dirk Chatelain, I can't say I blame him for being a little hesitant.

That's because fans go full retard

This just in, Saunders calls everyone on HB "full retards!"

Much like Aspergers or High functioning, I think he has "Press" Autisum, "A total lack of social skills when it come to talking to the Press". That being said, I cannot believe the difference in his throwing motion. That's 50% of the battle, now wait and see if his decision making on the field has improved.

For what it's worth. I think that if his improved throwing motion can gain him some confidence through spring and fall camp then he will have no problems with his decision making. He made bad choices because he was first hesitant last season.

enhanced-buzz-5832-1310411994-40.jpg

for the record, again, i dont mind his interviews. ive seen worse. by far.

http://www.boobootv.com/2009/09/09/nfl-football-player-ellis-lanksder-has-the-worst-stuttering-ever-in-this-interview/

crap, just the other day (and the week before that, and the week before that, and the week before that...) we were in the "internet genius crowd" per bshirt. genius to "full retard" in a matter of hours. fml.

• Fire 1

What we need to avoid is what happened in the MSU game, where Martinez didn't complete a single pass in the first half and had one interception. Attribute that to what you will. I don't think that was all Martinez' fault, but it's definitely something that can't happen.

I still think Martinez plays well enough to win us games. There isn't a single game we played last year that we lost because of Martinez. He had rough patches like every other player. He obviously just gets scrutinized more because he's the most prominent player on the field and the one easiest to critique.

• Fire 1