Dennard Arrested for Assault

I hope you don't truly feel that way Sker. Everything alright?

I would PM you but I cant PM from my IPad for some reason.

i am doing pretty good. i was just going to say most of this board is worthless, but thought that was too harsh, so i tried to turn it into a joke. life is good, my friend.

I wonder if there isn't some diversion/anger management course that he can do to lessen the sentence.

I work in a prison system, what will happen is a PSI(Pre Sentence Investigation) will be ordered. What that covers is it goes through your life from the moment you were born and it covers anything. From what his parents jobs were, any sort of abuse from sexual to substance and all things in between. The PSI writer usually a probation/parole officer will go through all these things and at the end of the report they will list suggestions, such as an out patient anger management along with normal counseling, reporting to their probation officer, will submit to randomized drug tests. This writer believes this subject shall be granted the priveledge of probation.

Sorry I didn't mean to ramble but this is one thing on this board that I am fluent in and just thought I'd share my thoughts. My personal opinion is that he will be granted probation, paired with counseling. In my system there is definantly some people who have been granted probation for less.

Wow, interesting string of events. I remember starting this thread back in April of last year! It will be interesting to see what his sentence is. His conviction kind of lays to rest the old, 'He's a Husker player therefore he's above the law' mentality that some people have. Sad really. To have your whole life ahead of you and because of one stupid mistake it could all go down the toilet.

I wonder if there isn't some diversion/anger management course that he can do to lessen the sentence.

I work in a prison system, what will happen is a PSI(Pre Sentence Investigation) will be ordered. What that covers is it goes through your life from the moment you were born and it covers anything. From what his parents jobs were, any sort of abuse from sexual to substance and all things in between. The PSI writer usually a probation/parole officer will go through all these things and at the end of the report they will list suggestions, such as an out patient anger management along with normal counseling, reporting to their probation officer, will submit to randomized drug tests. This writer believes this subject shall be granted the priveledge of probation.

Sorry I didn't mean to ramble but this is one thing on this board that I am fluent in and just thought I'd share my thoughts. My personal opinion is that he will be granted probation, paired with counseling. In my system there is definantly some people who have been granted probation for less.

Although I will not divulge my vocation in the past, I too was involved (as part of my employment) in the legal world. I have seen convictions and sentencing’s on much more heinous crimes that ended up with probation and fines as well as some sort of counseling. This is why I said, slap on the wrist, fine and time served. I think the NFL could restrict him or suspend him for some time (if they elect to do so).

I don't care if he is a former husker or not, his actions or inactions are his to own. We have all been there and done things we shouldn't have and probably had some sort of penalty for doing said actions. From all I have heard about him "he is probably a alright guy". This however does not preclude him from being reasonably punished for his actions (regardless of sobriety or not) and or youthful mistakes. The prison is full of youthful judgement mistakes and "NO", I am not suggesting he needs to be imprisoned, rather just pointing it out as a part of life. :afro:

lol

Look if a guy assaults an officer at 2am outside of a bar, I'm all for letting the justice system run its course. Plenty of better people have done worse and dealt with the consequences. I grew up learning that you must answer for your actions. Fonzie has to answer for his. I know we're all fans and want to stick up for a guy on our team, but come on.

at least me, i feel bad for fonzie because he made a bad decision, not because he has to face the consequences. i feel bad that he put himself in that situation and then made it worse.

^^ when there is video evidence, and the guy admits what he's done...why is he pleading not guilty?! Look, everyone that has been drunk has probably done stupid things. I have. But I've never hit anyone to give police a reason to come looking for me, and then hit them. Sorry dude...but even if you have bad legal representation, don't admit that you did something and then plead 'not guilty.' And then talk about going for a run and chatting about video game systems on twitter when it's pretty easy for anyone, including a judge, to see that you just don't give a sh*t. Ever wonder why everyone dresses up when they go to court? RESPECT for the legal system. You barely got it half-right, Fonzie.

a lot of crimes are vague and reasonable minds can differ. it is just good sense to plead 'not guilty' if there is not a good plea or you do not think the prosecution can meet their incredibly high burden. also, what does fonzie's outside life have to do with this? he is supposed to live a solitary life until his trial to prove his remorse? finally, not sure you have ever been to court, but most people do not dress up.

I worked in a prison for 7 years, and I've been called to court. It's pretty comical how idiots show up in their Fubu gang-color gear (not saying Fubu brand is gang-related, but when you go to court in a red Fubu jersey and you have 'blood' tattoos, it's pretty hard not to ignore) and wonder why they're not taken seriously.

lol

Look if a guy assaults an officer at 2am outside of a bar, I'm all for letting the justice system run its course. Plenty of better people have done worse and dealt with the consequences. I grew up learning that you must answer for your actions. Fonzie has to answer for his. I know we're all fans and want to stick up for a guy on our team, but come on.

at least me, i feel bad for fonzie because he made a bad decision, not because he has to face the consequences. i feel bad that he put himself in that situation and then made it worse.

^^ when there is video evidence, and the guy admits what he's done...why is he pleading not guilty?! Look, everyone that has been drunk has probably done stupid things. I have. But I've never hit anyone to give police a reason to come looking for me, and then hit them. Sorry dude...but even if you have bad legal representation, don't admit that you did something and then plead 'not guilty.' And then talk about going for a run and chatting about video game systems on twitter when it's pretty easy for anyone, including a judge, to see that you just don't give a sh*t. Ever wonder why everyone dresses up when they go to court? RESPECT for the legal system. You barely got it half-right, Fonzie.

a lot of crimes are vague and reasonable minds can differ. it is just good sense to plead 'not guilty' if there is not a good plea or you do not think the prosecution can meet their incredibly high burden. also, what does fonzie's outside life have to do with this? he is supposed to live a solitary life until his trial to prove his remorse? finally, not sure you have ever been to court, but most people do not dress up.

I worked in a prison for 7 years, and I've been called to court. It's pretty comical how idiots show up in their Fubu gang-color gear (not saying Fubu brand is gang-related, but when you go to court in a red Fubu jersey and you have 'blood' tattoos, it's pretty hard not to ignore) and wonder why they're not taken seriously.

Those kids/types think that is there formal wear.