Dennard Arrested for Assault

This was a monumentally stupid mistake and there's no doubt he should pay for it. Maybe I'm giving him too much rope for having been a fan of his for such a long time and hearing nothing but good, but at least this is not the type of thing that indicates to me he's a bad apple. For young males, aggression is natural. It doesn't excuse it and it doesn't make it OK, but it doesn't take a bad person to get into a few scraps. It takes some real stupidity to put everything on the line, as well as to punch a police officer. At least he didn't do much damage.

I suppose what I mean is, it's still a bit early yet to indict his character. I agree with skersfan. Stupid, stupid, stupid mistake.

went from being a corner nebraska could brag about to recruits for being another first round defensive back outta nebraska to now a player we dont even want to mention to recruits.

I didn't see that any Husker was projected as a 1st round pick. I also believe Lavonte David was prdicted to be the 1st Husker taken.

T_O_B

G>B>R

went from being a corner nebraska could brag about to recruits for being another first round defensive back outta nebraska to now a player we dont even want to mention to recruits.

I didn't see that any Husker was projected as a 1st round pick. I also believe Lavonte David was prdicted to be the 1st Husker taken.

T_O_B

G>B>R

Before the season Dennard was projected as a mid-first-round pick. He has obviously fallen off since then, though.

When are people going to stop saying kids? Dennard is 22 yrs old. His childhood left when he stepped into the college campus and off his mom's nipple.

The funny thing is when you start calling him kid after thinking 22 years old automatically means he's an adult. You're not going to be the age you are now forever.

Maybe the funnier thing is that you think he's an adult, his age says he's an adult, but he's still making child-like decisions.

What's decidedly not funny is what this could do to his career. He's made some decisions in the past several months that are going to affect the rest of his life. Kid or adult, the ramifications of what he's done will be felt for a long time, and he's only got himself to thank/blame for what happens.

The encouraging thing is - all is not lost. Not by a long shot. He's made some mistakes, like most of us. Unlike most of us, his ceiling is still very high. He can make it right, but he has to start now. Here's hoping he's "adult" enough to make the right choices from here on out. Not everyone does. I didn't. Took me a long damned time to recover from those mistakes I made as an "adult."

My Gosh....Thank you Brother Knapplc. Me too....and I wasn't as Gifted as this Young Man!

This was a monumentally stupid mistake and there's no doubt he should pay for it. Maybe I'm giving him too much rope for having been a fan of his for such a long time and hearing nothing but good, but at least this is not the type of thing that indicates to me he's a bad apple. For young males, aggression is natural. It doesn't excuse it and it doesn't make it OK, but it doesn't take a bad person to get into a few scraps. It takes some real stupidity to put everything on the line, as well as to punch a police officer. At least he didn't do much damage.

I suppose what I mean is, it's still a bit early yet to indict his character. I agree with skersfan. Stupid, stupid, stupid mistake.

We'll see the content of Fonzie's character in how he reacts to this. There have been several things which could have served as wake-up calls to him over the past year. Hopefully this is THE thing that does it.

To quote a great American philosopher, "Stupid is as stupid does, sir!"

We'll have to wait a while to see how he recovers from this. If he recovers from this. If he triumphs as a result of this. He has reached the proverbial:

fork-in-the-road.jpg

He is a kid period. He has never worked a day in his life, never been responsible for anything other than playing a game. He has no real idea of what life is about and the opportunities given him. Every thing has been handed to him from, clothes, food, medical care, and education and the opportunitiy to make millions due to his athletic abilities. Kids can be 10 or 30 living at home in the basement with mommy and daddy sending them to college.

A man/adult is when you take responsibilty for your actions, know what you want and work to get there, some adults are very young, Rex would be the opposite that fits. Age is figurative. His actions are that of child and have been for awhile. He made a mistake, a bad mistake no question and it will haunt him for awhile, but it gives him an opportunity to grow and learn from this bad choice. I hope he grows from it and turns his actions around. I delt with kids every single day, those that put their life on the line in combat at much younger ages, and still some of those were only children in a man's body.

• Fire 1

I am 22 years old and I live my life taking care of adult responsibilities but in no way do I feel like an adult. Still, never, and in no way have I ever came anywhere close to committing a felony. ThIs isn't a question of maturity; it is a question of stupidity. No well-adjusted human being with a proper upbringing and a reasonable world outlook would ever be in the situation where they might assault a cop. Dennard is just out of touch and f'ing retarded. f#*k you Alfonzo.

• Fire 1

For all of you who are saying "kids will be kids,"....that is true for the part where he gets into a fight with another drunken bar troll. However, I don't care if you are 22 or 72, you don't EVER get into a fight with a cop. That is not being a kid....that is just plain stupid. We all know it from the time we go to jr high. What he did was uncalled for, unacceptable and any other "un" you can think of. It is going to cost him a ton of cash and maybe a stint in jail, and he deserves the consequence for his action

• Fire 1

For all of you who are saying "kids will be kids,"....that is true for the part where he gets into a fight with another drunken bar troll. However, I don't care if you are 22 or 72, you don't EVER get into a fight with a cop. That is not being a kid....that is just plain stupid. We all know it from the time we go to jr high. What he did was uncalled for, unacceptable and any other "un" you can think of. It is going to cost him a ton of cash and maybe a stint in jail, and he deserves the consequence for his action

forgot to add....this is coming from a HUGE Dennard fan