Dennard Arrested for Assault

I am 22 years old and I live my life taking care of adult responsibilities but in no way do I feel like an adult. Still, never, and in no way have I ever came anywhere close to committing a felony. ThIs isn't a question of maturity; it is a question of stupidity. No well-adjusted human being with a proper upbringing and a reasonable world outlook would ever be in the situation where they might assault a cop. Dennard is just out of touch and f'ing ?. f#*k you Alfonzo.

There, I fixed it for you. I work with mentally challenged individuals. We don't use the -r word anymore. Thanks :)

:facepalm:

individuals with cognitive challenges

person first

even better thanks! :)

Can't blame the alcohol. He made the decision to go out drinking a week before the draft while he was sober. Oh well. Just add him to the list of Lawrence Phillips, Maurice Clarrett, and the rest of the children that never mentally matured with their bodies.

Wow, way to early to lump him in with that bunch. The people you mentioned were given multiple chances and still couldn't change their attitude. Dennard will still get drafted, but will have to earn his spot and respect. If he can do that, all of this will be forgoten in a couple of years.

Very poor choice, and timing, but I don't think he deserves mention in the Phillips/Clarrett category just yet.

The police are saying they warned him to leave the area twice before he was arrested:

A probable cause affidavit states that former Nebraska football player Alfonzo Dennard was warned twice by police to leave Lincoln’s downtown bar area before he was arrested on suspicion of assaulting an officer early Saturday morning.

A police report says officers observed Dennard, while walking eastbound in the 14th Street crosswalk, bumping into a 22-year-old and punching him in the chest around 2:15 a.m. Saturday.

According to the affidavit, Dennard was also involved in two separate verbal arguments outside the Hour Lounge before that alleged assault. Police told him to leave the area after both incidents, according to the affidavit. The affidavit says Dennard engaged in a third altercation and punched a man in the chest.

LINK

The police are saying they warned him to leave the area twice before he was arrested:

A probable cause affidavit states that former Nebraska football player Alfonzo Dennard was warned twice by police to leave Lincoln’s downtown bar area before he was arrested on suspicion of assaulting an officer early Saturday morning.

A police report says officers observed Dennard, while walking eastbound in the 14th Street crosswalk, bumping into a 22-year-old and punching him in the chest around 2:15 a.m. Saturday.

According to the affidavit, Dennard was also involved in two separate verbal arguments outside the Hour Lounge before that alleged assault. Police told him to leave the area after both incidents, according to the affidavit. The affidavit says Dennard engaged in a third altercation and punched a man in the chest.

LINK

Ah, so hes "that guy" when he goes to the bars...

LINK

Ah, so hes "that guy" when he goes to the bars...

no, not 'when' he goes to the bars...he becomes "that guy" after he's been there for 6 hours drinking and leaves. :)

LINK

I usually don't post much after the season winds down, but this caught my eye.

It reads as though he was given a couple of opportunities to clear out and go home prior to the arrest, and if I am reading this right, there are 3 possible assaults (1 on a cop) by Dennard that night/morning. Decking a cop is a felony is it not? So is there a mandatory sentence for that type of thing or is it dependent upon the degree of injury etc?

Reminds me of some of my people when I was in the military. Some of those guys just had real trouble turning off the "hard ass" or "gladiator" mind set. When they got to drinking it just got worse. Some would learn how to do it after a period of self destruction and burnt bridges and others would not.

Can't blame the alcohol. He made the decision to go out drinking a week before the draft while he was sober. Oh well. Just add him to the list of Lawrence Phillips, Maurice Clarrett, and the rest of the children that never mentally matured with their bodies.

Wow, way to early to lump him in with that bunch. The people you mentioned were given multiple chances and still couldn't change their attitude. Dennard will still get drafted, but will have to earn his spot and respect. If he can do that, all of this will be forgoten in a couple of years.

Very poor choice, and timing, but I don't think he deserves mention in the Phillips/Clarrett category just yet.

Unfortunately he will be. Anyone that hates on Nebraska will lump him in with the rest (of Nebraska's problems players anyway). They have done it with Suh. As for me...right now I do lump him in with that bunch. Who takes a chance like that prior to the draft? A child. Someone that clearly doesn't understand the possible consequences for his actions. 100's of thousands or Millions of dollars riding on the line and you choose to NOT be on your best behavior? He may grow up down the road but this appears to be where he's at.

Now for discussion sake...has any article discussed the details? Was this a fight with a cop not dressed in uniform or Dennard perhaps didn't realize he was a cop and thought he was just a guy trying to break up the fight?

Edit: apparently two posts above already discussed this...