Aaron Green

Some buzz that Aaron Green is leaving Nebraska, not sure if this is set in stone, or even reliable information, but it certainly would be a shocker.

Here's a highly touted recruit who showed some flashes in limited usage as a true freshman, although he didn't shine. But by all accounts, he had a stellar spring, vaulting possibly to the #2 position at tailback, which in this offense means a very large role. One of the criticisms I think many had for his play as a freshman was he tended to try and rely on his athleticism too much - bouncing around to the outside to his detriment. Sounds like that area of his game was really shored up this spring, and he's been developing as an all-purpose feature back who can go between the tackles.

And of course, who can forget how exciting the possibilities were for catching balls out of the backfield? And not to mention the positive reports on his ball security, playing a large role in how much he (seemingly) secured the #2 position.

If Aaron truly is leaving, best wishes, wish you'd have chosen otherwise, and thanks for a positive year. This one would be harder to understand than most (as players usually leave for playing time / better shot / new beginnings), but I'm sure he has his personal, private reasons.

It also looks pretty official, unless Rivals has jumped the gun here: http://nebraska.rivals.com/barrier_noentry.asp?sid=928&script=content.asp&cid=1360525&fid=&tid=&mid=

I think this (if it is true) along with the pickup of Cross this year really reflect what this offense is going to be. Looks like we will be using a power running game as the feature of our offense.

It kind of stinks because had we stayed in the Big 12, we would have probably went more toward the Oregon-style, versatile offense full of speedy guys like Aaron Green.

Good call. Cross is a very exciting prospect who might have a good chance now at contributing early. Also Marrow could be a power back.

Time for Abdullah to step back up too. Man, I was really looking forward to seeing AG play this year. We'll remember that time he got way the heck open on a touchdown pass that went to (Kinnie, I think?)

He probly figures he has a year to redshirt anyway. This sucks. Never got to see that potential he showed. A lot of wasted effort on developing him the last 2 yrs. One less weak sister, my college coach would say.

Good luck to him, I'm sure he'll be just fine

Some buzz that Aaron Green is leaving Nebraska, not sure if this is set in stone, or even reliable information, but it certainly would be a shocker.

Here's a highly touted recruit who showed some flashes in limited usage as a true freshman, although he didn't shine. But by all accounts, he had a stellar spring, vaulting possibly to the #2 position at tailback, which in this offense means a very large role. One of the criticisms I think many had for his play as a freshman was he tended to try and rely on his athleticism too much - bouncing around to the outside to his detriment. Sounds like that area of his game was really shored up this spring, and he's been developing as an all-purpose feature back who can go between the tackles.

And of course, who can forget how exciting the possibilities were for catching balls out of the backfield? And not to mention the positive reports on his ball security, playing a large role in how much he (seemingly) secured the #2 position.

If Aaron truly is leaving, best wishes, wish you'd have chosen otherwise, and thanks for a positive year. This one would be harder to understand than most (as players usually leave for playing time / better shot / new beginnings), but I'm sure he has his personal, private reasons.

It also looks pretty official, unless Rivals has jumped the gun here: http://nebraska.riva...&fid=&tid=&mid=

:hmmph I KNEW THIS WAS GOING TO HAPPEN!

• Fire 1