WR Dominic Walker [Auburn Commit]

Nexus

---------------------------------------------------

MOD Edit - there's no reason to talk about a kid like this. If you're upset he left keep it to yourself. No reason to denigrate his character because he chose another school.

Note - User was suspended for this post.

So you hate Gregory, Taylor and Suttles?

Those flip-floppers are different!

Those guys didn't "flip-flop"......they just finally got their heads on straight and made a good decision.....lol

Wow..... I can't understand how someone can attack an 18 year old kid with personal attacks over a message board....says a lot about a few people's integrity and perspective.

We may have pulled the offer. I know da skers was hinting at it a few days ago, but that's the word on the street.

I hope we did.

We pulled it Wednesday.

Homie(Bo) dont play that. Try to make yourself bigger and more important than the team you get the yank.

I'm just saying - show a little more class than trashing on an 18 year old kid who switched his commitment. The process was way more public than we'd like, and he gave different information to different people (certainly not the first kid to have done so).

Doesn't mean he deserves a career threatening injury, or his work ethic questioned, he was simply being recruited by 2 very good recruitment teams and was torn both ways. Does his maturity need some development? Yes, it does. Same with most other 18 year old athletes with dreams of being pro football players and any sense of an ego.

And as for him not wanting to "prove" it. He has openly said he was willing to work hard to get on the field. Bo has made it very clear he will not promise playing time to players. We'll just say, Auburn will throw him on the field if he is ready or not.

Auburn - closer to him, guarantee playing time, can stay with "wifey"

Nebraska - No more "wifey", won't guarantee playing time, further from home, colder weather, different lifestyle, better football.

PS - Before you pull that bullsh#t about guarantee playing time, I suggest you look very DEEPLY into the recruiting process because coaches guaranteeing playing time greatly help a recruit choose which school he goes to. See: Foster, DJ. Also, don't say it isn't part of the "Nebraska" culture - because we certainly do hint that some players have a better chance of seeing the field than others, without making it a "promise". "This is how we would like to use you, your body is ahead of the curve, we could definitely see you fighting for playing time, if you put in the work."

EDIT - I'm sure someone will say I'm making this up, so if someone with more of a "reputation" around here would like to say I'm wrong, be my guest.

• Fire 2

Regardless, most of you in here are f'ing idiots. I dont care what it brings me. It needs to be said. You know who you are.

Fixed.

Seems to me I'm in the minority by "defending" (if that's what you call not being a jackass to an 18 year old that I have not the slightest clue about) from a bunch of "fans" that seem to be so flabbergasted by a recruit not going to Nebraska that they feel they have the right to attack his character...

• Fire 1

Regardless, most of you in here are f'ing idiots. I dont care what it brings me. It needs to be said. You know who you are.

Fixed.

Seems to me I'm in the minority by "defending" (if that's what you call not being a jackass to an 18 year old that I have not the slightest clue about) from a bunch of "fans" that seem to be so flabbergasted by a recruit not going to Nebraska that they feel they have the right to attack his character...

Thank you to both of you guys for posting this stuff..... Couldn't have said either post better myself......... I have NEVER proclaimed to be better or above anyone else on this board, and never will, but I will also not attack an 18 year old boy for changing his mind and deciding to not come to UNL !!

I am going through the process of helping my HS QB decide on what school to attend. He has 3 offers and is struggling. It actually tends to cause a ton of stress for these kids. He likes all 3 schools and coaches. He has told 1 school that he is leaning to them, but wouldn't suprise me to see him elsewhere. If he changes his mind, it doesn't change his character. The college coaches know how this works and they don't take it quite as hard as the fans....but my goodness, some people need to get a grip and realize we are talking about KIDS !!!!

Hard to go to bat for a kid who OV'd without coaches knowledge, reaffirms his commitment, tells coaches in an in-home his 100% committed, and then hosts Auburn coaches the following night. The excuse of "oh he is just a high school kid" is played out way too often. I'll take whoevers word that his offer was pulled, i hope it was, bc THAT was the right thing. This kid played anybody willing to listen to him. It's not about him not working hard, distance, girlfriend, or desire for early playing time. It's about integrity of keeping your word. No matter if you're 18, 26, 42 or 10...one doesn't keep their word, people who seek truth will second guess that person. So, to say it may be harsh to jump on him after it all went down, I can buy that, but to say it's not warranted is denying reality of a fallout. (I do disagree with wishing ill upon someone)

that's all fine and dandy, but still, some the sh#t spewed in this thread after the Auburn committment makes me sick. Get a life, Get over yourselves. It's college football, and it is their life, not yours. Take your god damn fantasies to the playstation and commit to Nebraska there if it's so god damn important.

By the way, I dont agree with Dominic's handling of this either, and am in no way upset that he will not be gracing our program with his presence, but to wish him ill will and injury and ground for a boot to the face.

• Fire 2

Hard to go to bat for a kid who OV'd without coaches knowledge, reaffirms his commitment, tells coaches in an in-home his 100% committed, and then hosts Auburn coaches the following night. The excuse of "oh he is just a high school kid" is played out way too often. I'll take whoevers word that his offer was pulled, i hope it was, bc THAT was the right thing. This kid played anybody willing to listen to him. It's not about him not working hard, distance, girlfriend, or desire for early playing time. It's about integrity of keeping your word. No matter if you're 18, 26, 42 or 10...one doesn't keep their word, people who seek truth will second guess that person. So, to say it may be harsh to jump on him after it all went down, I can buy that, but to say it's not warranted is denying reality of a fallout. (I do disagree with wishing ill upon someone)

I think that your post is somewhat "fair"..... I don't think the HS kid card is played too much. We are talking about asking an 18 year old to make the BIGGEST decision (probably) to date that will directly effect their future.... Hell, try to guess how many 18 year old kids know what they want to do when they grow up......(I don't have answer, but you get my point). You have grown men.......respect D-1 football coaches or NFL coaches who will tell a team that he is going to stay put, then is gone the next day. So, under the circumstances, I think that the HS card is a fair claim.

BUT, regardless of age, people need to develop integrity and honesty. But the day of a "man's word" being important has long passed.

Your post is "fair" and I understand what you are saying.......but I will say that accountability's post after yours is right on !!! .......and I would suspect it wasn't directed at you.