WR Dominic Walker [Auburn Commit]

Nexus

Eh, I don't mind the flip-flops when worn without socks. I mean, clearly flip-flops were not made to be worn with socks or they wouldn't have added the "thong" (snickering expected) to them. And if they don't have the toe piece, aren't they actually considered a sandle? Finally, if one's feet are cold enought that they required socks, flip-flops/sandles aren't the footwear one should be donning.

(Figured I try to take the thread from ist current direction.)

How many of you that talk about "commitment" have ever worked at a job you didn't like and secretly went out and pursued another? I know I just did and I didn't run up to my that employer and tell him I was looking else where. Things change and not always for the way we hoped they would! We ourselves have three players ourselves that were committed else where and they are the greatest thing since sliced bread. Had Mr. Walker stayed he too would have been talked about in a much different light! I have not figured out how some can talk so glowingly about a recruit (at this point only a verbal) and in the same breath bash a 181 kid in the very same breathe. It makes sad! I too love our program, but by no means wish ill will to any player we recruit regardless if the come to NU or not. For those of you that feel that way you are a disgrace to the program that you allegedly care so much about!!

I'm just saying - show a little more class than trashing on an 18 year old kid who switched his commitment. The process was way more public than we'd like, and he gave different information to different people (certainly not the first kid to have done so).

Doesn't mean he deserves a career threatening injury, or his work ethic questioned, he was simply being recruited by 2 very good recruitment teams and was torn both ways. Does his maturity need some development? Yes, it does. Same with most other 18 year old athletes with dreams of being pro football players and any sense of an ego.

+1. Not one person is saying it is cool to lie or mislead the coaches, but the venom being spewed towards this kid is unacceptable. Did he make some mistakes? Yep. He is also going to have to deal with the consequences of those kind of actions at some point, just like we all do for our mistakes. The most likely scenario is this kid started getting more and more nervous and scared about leaving home and having his playing time in doubt and took the easier path. Not a crime. He should have been more straight up about it, but I'm guessing the kid just didn't want to disappoint the coaches and still really wasn't sure what he wanted to do. Hopefully it is a lesson learned for the kid. Like I said earlier though, kids who are that immature in one area are most likely that immature in a lot of areas, and after seeing how this unfolded i'm not losing any sleep here. We are just fine at WR and Coach Fish is going to continue to recruit this spot very well IMO.

How many of you that talk about "commitment" have ever worked at a job you didn't like and secretly went out and pursued another? I know I just did and I didn't run up to my that employer and tell him I was looking else where. Things change and not always for the way we hoped they would! We ourselves have three players ourselves that were committed else where and they are the greatest thing since sliced bread. Had Mr. Walker stayed he too would have been talked about in a much different light! I have not figured out how some can talk so glowingly about a recruit (at this point only a verbal) and in the same breath bash a 181 kid in the very same breathe. It makes sad! I too love our program, but by no means wish ill will to any player we recruit regardless if the come to NU or not. For those of you that feel that way you are a disgrace to the program that you allegedly care so much about!!

So you're saying the money is better at Auburn? Cam would agree ;)

Dear Goody-Goody postees thread,

Obviously you are in love with Freewoman and Gabbert brothers. Again traitors including Walker IMO.

And many posts claimed "18 years old kid". I say BS and build-in excuses. It reminds me of Vietnam and Middle East wars sent to 18 years old young men, not kids.

However as usual, I admit my original post sentence (ending injury) was a touch of excessive manner. How about this....... overrated talent instead of ending injury?

Uh oh, again forgive me.............Praise the Lord!

Dear Goody-Goody postees thread,

Obviously you are in love with Freewoman and Gabbert brothers. Again traitors including Walker IMO.

And many posts claimed "18 years old kid". I say BS and build-in excuses. It reminds me of Vietnam and Middle East wars sent to 18 years old young men, not kids.

However as usual, I admit my original post sentence (ending injury) was a touch of excessive manner. How about this....... overrated talent instead of ending injury?

Uh oh, again forgive me.............Praise the Lord!

Shall I go through every player on our roster and name off every single one that has threatened to leave the program at one point or another, or decommited from a school to join our program?

Well, I won't do it, since it'd take forever - but you're kidding yourself if <every> player that switches where they committed has "honesty" or "loyalty" issues.

Not everyone commits to the right school right off the bat.

In no way am I saying that what Dominic told the coaches was right, but I don't think it's fair that a forum criticizes every move an 18 year old makes, wishing ill will upon someone. I'm sorry, but it's life. I'm not going to wish someone tears their acl over him choosing a different school.

My defense of Dominic consists of: Grown ups trashing an 18 year old kid (I'm sure we were all stand up, mature, sophisticated, intelligent 18 year olds - despite how we grew up, outside influences, etc.) and people saying this loss means nothing. Of course it does, he is a great athlete, elite WR, and has a great work ethic. Truth be told, he probably could've seen the field this coming year dependent on how quickly the playbook came to him.

To bad, but we do seem to be OK at the w/r position for the next couple of years. I think who ever got the last in home visit, was going to get this kid, and besides one of his teammates already committed to Auburn, so that had to help his decision some. Good luck to him.

GBR!!!