WR Dominic Walker [Auburn Commit]

Nexus

Walker will play right away... I think he'll contend for special teams first but his size and speed will put him on the field if he's able to catch the ball consistently. His video shows he has soft hands that gobble up anything near him. Also, his size with what seems to be break away speed. Might not be as shifty as some of our current receivers but reminds me a lot of a faster QE. Kids has skills.

Link:

He does have a chance to play right away, there has been serious discussion of moving Quincy to TE

On this board only. LoL

Ha. Exactly. Quincy is a great receiver with a good shot at the pros. He is not moving to tight end. This is not ea sports.

I've been one who has brought up the idea, but I haven't suggested that he move to TE permanently. In certain sets and situations it makes perfect sense to me. Getting Bell, Turner, Westerkemp and or Allen or even Walker on the field with Enunwa in the Kyler Reed role matched up on a LB would be devastating. If you think that it hasn't been discussed on some level amongst the coaching staff you'd be crazy.

I for one can see the logic to this thinking and in regards to QE improving his draft status, it makes sense. The pro's are doing this (creating high bred position players) often enough. Niles Paul is a good example of what the pros will do with a QE frame. Is he an every down TE, no but in a match zone, especially where we expect a full out blitz, absolutely put him in the TE position and let his speed break open the middle or a quick out pattern to the flat for 6-8 yards.

He does have a chance to play right away, there has been serious discussion of moving Quincy to TE

On this board only. LoL

Ha. Exactly. Quincy is a great receiver with a good shot at the pros. He is not moving to tight end. This is not ea sports.

I've been one who has brought up the idea, but I haven't suggested that he move to TE permanently. In certain sets and situations it makes perfect sense to me. Getting Bell, Turner, Westerkemp and or Allen or even Walker on the field with Enunwa in the Kyler Reed role matched up on a LB would be devastating. If you think that it hasn't been discussed on some level amongst the coaching staff you'd be crazy.

Not claiming your idea to be bad. I'm just not a fan of moving a very promising WR to TE for one year. Especially if we can add Vandenberg.

I for one can see the logic to this thinking and in regards to QE improving his draft status, it makes sense. The pro's are doing this (creating high bred position players) often enough. Niles Paul is a good example of what the pros will do with a QE frame. Is he an every down TE, no but in a match zone, especially where we expect a full out blitz, absolutely put him in the TE position and let his speed break open the middle or a quick out pattern to the flat for 6-8 yards.

The word is hybrid

Almost no one but us runs a match up zone regularly

You can't have an all out blitz in match up zone, that would require straight man to man, aka zero coverage

His primary advantage as a receiver is his size discrepancy with defensive backs. It also makes it hard for them to tackle him or beat his blocks. I'm not sure that trading all that for a supposed speed advantage over linebackers is worth it, even assuming they'd have a linebacker in there instead of just using an extra DB.

well everyone says we have nothing at TE, but we have Jake Long and Cotton. Long and Cotton have pedigree.

And Trey Foster apparently looks good as well according to Bo.

I have learned to take Bo's words with a grain of salt. Most of the time I think he just says stuff to say it

Ok.... Not sure why you say that in this instance but whatevs...

well everyone says we have nothing at TE, but we have Jake Long and Cotton. Long and Cotton have pedigree.

I have learned to take Bo's words with a grain of salt. Most of the time I think he just says stuff to say it

He lies blatantly about injury statuses (unless something is broken, he'll tell the media a guy is fine no matter what). That's more of a belichek style attempt at keeping things from the competition though.

Not sure I've ever seen where he was less than honest about anything else, though, so that's kind of an odd statement to claim otherwise.

He lies blatantly about injury statuses (unless something is broken, he'll tell the media a guy is fine no matter what). That's more of a belichek style attempt at keeping things from the competition though.

Not sure I've ever seen where he was less than honest about anything else, though, so that's kind of an odd statement to claim otherwise.

"We're back"

This defense will be just as good as last season