WR Dominic Walker [Auburn Commit]

Nexus

well everyone says we have nothing at TE, but we have Jake Long and Cotton. Long and Cotton have pedigree.

And Trey Foster apparently looks good as well according to Bo.

I have learned to take Bo's words with a grain of salt. Most of the time I think he just says stuff to say it

He lies blatantly about injury statuses (unless something is broken, he'll tell the media a guy is fine no matter what). That's more of a belichek style attempt at keeping things from the competition though.

Not sure I've ever seen where he was less than honest about anything else, though, so that's kind of an odd statement to claim otherwise.

Ever heard of HIPPA!? He may not have the authority to disclose injuries to the media, especially if the player doesn't want it disclosed. His "lying" about player injuries is out of respect to the player and his family IMO, not always about keeping info. from opposing teams.

well everyone says we have nothing at TE, but we have Jake Long and Cotton. Long and Cotton have pedigree.

And Trey Foster apparently looks good as well according to Bo.

I have learned to take Bo's words with a grain of salt. Most of the time I think he just says stuff to say it

He lies blatantly about injury statuses (unless something is broken, he'll tell the media a guy is fine no matter what). That's more of a belichek style attempt at keeping things from the competition though.

Not sure I've ever seen where he was less than honest about anything else, though, so that's kind of an odd statement to claim otherwise.

Ever heard of HIPPA!? He may not have the authority to disclose injuries to the media, especially if the player doesn't want it disclosed. His "lying" about player injuries is out of respect to the player and his family IMO, not always about keeping info. from opposing teams.

You really think this has to do with HIPAA? Do you know who HIPAA has authority over etc?

Hedley, failing to accurately forecast the way an entire defense will come together is hardly comparable to being full of it when describing the progress of specific players. Your other example is even more ridiculous.

If you're trolling, you're pretty good at it.

Hedley, failing to accurately forecast the way an entire defense will come together is hardly comparable to being full of it when describing the progress of specific players. Your other example is even more ridiculous.

If you're trolling, you're pretty good at it.

He thought a player was good. Result unknown

He thought his defense was going to be better. Result LOL

Just simply stating do not believe Bo with anything he tells the media.

That is where I am but we might as well drop it and get back to Walker I think we both went on a crazy tangent

College teams and coaches do not have to give info about injuries. If you asked any NFL coach they would love to be able to withhold injury info and even bend the truth some.

Seriously - you guys should listen to Chip Kelly... Everyone is "day to day" or "doesn't matter".

Hell, sometimes he switches players jerseys just to f#*k with the media.

HIPPA? You have got to be kidding me. Jesus, the crap some of these threads turn into is amazing.

HIPPA? You have got to be kidding me. Jesus, the crap some of these threads turn into is amazing.

It's about the right to privacy of your own health. Yes, this would apply I am fairly sure. If a player doesn't want it disclosed, it shouldn't be under the law. The law gives the patient the right to withhold information to the public. Period. I am pretty sure you would know about this unless there is something I am missing and you can correct me on it.

It's about the right to privacy of your own health. Yes, this would apply I am fairly sure. If a player doesn't want it disclosed, it shouldn't be under the law. The law gives the patient the right to withhold information to the public. Period. I am pretty sure you would know about this unless there is something I am missing and you can correct me on it.

Not sure if it's directly related to HIPAA(with two A's), but it definitely has something to do with health protection of kids playing football not getting a salary. Also, the NFL has it written into the CBA that this has to be done, mostly for betting purposes because the NFL knows that betting is big money! The NCAA doesn't want anything to do with betting for obvious reasons.

Everyone keeps mentioning HIPPA, isn't it HIPAA? But that has nothing to do with anything that was already off course in this thread.

Back to Walker. Could by all account should be N. crazier things have happened though

Yes, it is HIPAA. HIPAA prohibits people who treat the person from disclosing names. For example, I can say, I took an x-ray of a tib/fib today of a 18 year old boy and that is not violating HIPAA. If I say I took an x-ray of John Smiths fractured tibia that is a violation of HIPAA.

I do not think Bo/family falls under the HIPAA protection, meaning they may disclose the injury if they feel it is necessary to do so. Also, the name of the person who is injured has already been made public so its not really violating the persons privacy. But I could be wrong on this last paragraph, I didn't really read the whole HIPAA document when I signed it. Just what I needed to know.

The bolded part above is the key I think to why Bo keeps this information in house. He doesn't feel it is necessary for the media/fans/opposing teams to know about injuries.