SIGNED DE Peyton Newell

I think this is a two horse race between us and South Carolina. I give the advantage to us slightly, just look at the article above and how he talks about NU. I am hopeful we can get him to pull the trigger at BRW.

Don't hold your breath for a commitment from Newell.

From Husker Journal. I don't think this one is going to drag out. By end of summer, we should know his choice.

"I have 34 offers," Newell said. "I'll be narrowing it down June 1. I'm going to release it about 5:30 PM. I think I'm going to commit on August 30."

I think this is a two horse race between us and South Carolina. I give the advantage to us slightly, just look at the article above and how he talks about NU. I am hopeful we can get him to pull the trigger at BRW.

Not unless you can hold it until August 30.

From Husker Journal. I don't think this one is going to drag out. By end of summer, we should know his choice.

"I have 34 offers," Newell said. "I'll be narrowing it down June 1. I'm going to release it about 5:30 PM. I think I'm going to commit on August 30."

I doubt anyone can hold their breath for 2 1/2 months

I doubt anyone can hold their breath for 2 1/2 months

challenge-accepted_02.jpg

Top 6: Us, Kstate, KU, USC, South Car, UGA

My brain was looking for "NU" and there was a brief moment of panic before I looked again.

As mentioned earlier, this is a two horse race. NU and SoCar.

Yeah, that's why I couldn't figure out why I didn't even see us in his top six.

• 2 weeks later...

@HuskerExtraBC: Peyton Newell comes from a family of Jayhawks. But it's the #Huskers on the mind this weekend... http://t.co/Knu2OgAics

Great article. Not only gives some insight about how Newell perceives Nebraska but how hard the coaches are recruiting him. He says (1) Rick Kaczenski and John Garrison are two favorite coaches from any that are recruiting him, (2) that Nebraska has done everything right, and (3) he knows he is a top priority and is treated that way. Got to give it up to the coaches. Hope we get his commitment on Aug 30.

I know he wasn't supposed to, but do we think our chances have decreased since he didn't commit this weekend? August just seems like a longtime to keep up the momentum / energy he got from this weekend. I'm still thinking he is a S.C. lean. Was nice to see him in a Nebraska uniform in his twitter pic!