SIGNED DE Peyton Newell

I know he wasn't supposed to, but do we think our chances have decreased since he didn't commit this weekend? August just seems like a longtime to keep up the momentum / energy he got from this weekend. I'm still thinking he is a S.C. lean. Was nice to see him in a Nebraska uniform in his twitter pic!

No. He has always said he will announce in August. Sitting very good.

there have been rumblings that there's at least one silent commit from BRW, so maybe he decided but wants to wait until his announcement date to make it official? :dunno

That would be awesome.

I think the silent is T.V.

Long time no speak Hedley, where you been man? I think Peyton ends up N as well and he'll be a great pickup. I think he will add some quality depth and possibly some playtime his Frosh year since Ankrah and such are on their way out.

If Newell plays as a freshman the past two classes of DL we have brought in have been misses.

Yeah I can get that. I'd say more just our last class and not as much with 2 classes ago. Not too many guys I'm personally high on except from 2013 guys. VV is an inside guy, but people like Mcmullen will be really nice on the outside. I just think that he has a shot at playing if he's good enough. We're not deep on the line so Bo oughta get guys ready and stop mismanaging the roster which even he has admitted to doing to an extent.