SIGNED QB Johnny Stanton

I would have pushed for the verbal, honestly, I think that is what a lot of coaches are doing now and I think it is kind of like sales in that regard, don't let them "think about it" and "get back to you"

Now, at the same time, it doesnt mean you are trying to force them but pressure is not a bad thing.

"Johnny, I have to tell you and I have to be honest, we do want you here at Nebraska, we think you will be a special part of this program with a very bright future but we also have to think of the team and the program first. You are who we want but if you are not thinking that Nebraska is the place for you, please, let us now, that way we can continue our search and you can look for the perfect fit for yourself, what do you say Johnny?"

Doesn't Pelini want true commits, not someone who is going to go back home and rethink it and take more visits? I seem to recall that attitude from a few years ago, and trying to avoid last minute de-commits.

They asked for his commit the first time he was here. They didn't pressure him this time around and from the sounds of it that worked in our favor. He's not going to drag this out. We'll know where we stand soon and then this kid is done with talking to other schools.

I would have pushed for the verbal, honestly, I think that is what a lot of coaches are doing now and I think it is kind of like sales in that regard, don't let them "think about it" and "get back to you"

Now, at the same time, it doesnt mean you are trying to force them but pressure is not a bad thing.

"Johnny, I have to tell you and I have to be honest, we do want you here at Nebraska, we think you will be a special part of this program with a very bright future but we also have to think of the team and the program first. You are who we want but if you are not thinking that Nebraska is the place for you, please, let us now, that way we can continue our search and you can look for the perfect fit for yourself, what do you say Johnny?"

Doesn't Pelini want true commits, not someone who is going to go back home and rethink it and take more visits? I seem to recall that attitude from a few years ago, and trying to avoid last minute de-commits.

65 percent at this point. we will see what he says about wisconsin, besides that our main competetion is oregon for his commit

another guy in the know says 95%, i really hope hes right
No way it's 95%. You never can predict over 60% where a kid is going.. I do think we get him though.

In this case, I think we can break that rule. My calculations suggest that we have a 62 or 63% chance of landing Johnny Quarterback.

boy would I love to add marcus newby and johnny stanton in the same week that would make my year for recruiting
That could sure silence the talk for this year that Bo cant recruit..

Ill tell you who can recruit that I dont ever want to leave is John Papuchis. 247 updated marcus newbys player profile within the last hour marking us the favorite over penn st!

Not sure if this has any truth to it at all....but a member on the Rivals mainboard stated that JS is going to be "N".

When asked for his source, he said that his son was a WR on the team.

Stated that JS was a winner...not sure if he's a QB at the next level (but would make a hellva safety).

Again, not sure if there is any truth to this....just passing it along.