SIGNED QB Johnny Stanton

:D

funny the guys on 247 are hearing a rumor that he is leaning towards UW, something about how they can coach QBs better then we can making the Wilson vs Tmart comparison. Smart angle but i think the rumor is false.....especailly when Pauly is happy.

That doesn't even make sense. Wilson was a polished player when he arrived in Madison... it wasn't even sure that Taylor was going to be a quarterback until his second year on campus.

It would seem to me that Wilson was the exception for Wisconsin last year. Wilson was the first good qb that the cheeseheads have in a long time.... They run the ball very well up there, and they won't gravitate to far from what they have always done well....So, Wilson would be the exception. Having said that, there is no reason to believe that NU's staff can develop a QB either....

Just commit to NU!!

I don't know about this. Tolzein was plenty solid. I don't know at all before that. And actually, I think we have been just as if not more run-heavy.

:D

funny the guys on 247 are hearing a rumor that he is leaning towards UW, something about how they can coach QBs better then we can making the Wilson vs Tmart comparison. Smart angle but i think the rumor is false.....especailly when Pauly is happy.

It would seem to me that Wilson was the exception for Wisconsin last year. Wilson was the first good qb that the cheeseheads have in a long time.... They run the ball very well up there, and they won't gravitate to far from what they have always done well....So, Wilson would be the exception. Having said that, there is no reason to believe that NU's staff can develop a QB either....

Just commit to NU!!

Somewhat of an inaccurate statement there. We have three active (or recently active) QB's in the league: Jim Sorgi, Scott Tolzien and now Russell Wilson. Brooks Bollinger and John Stocco were also great QB's at the collegiate level though significantly less so in the NFL.

It's quite ignorant to say that UW had not had a great Quarterback before Wilson. Did you watch the Badgers play in 2010? Scott Tolzien wrote his name in several Conference record books, became the most accurate passer in School history and earned the Johnny Unitas award (best Senior QB in nation) over Ryan Mallet, Andy Dalton, Jake Locker, Ricky Stanzi and Cam Newton.

We're known for Running Backs but we're very good at developing talent at all levels, Quarterback included.

The issue is that you don't remember UW QB's and that's completely understandable. Bielema and Alvarez design teams that require consistent, intelligent and dependable play from a Pro-Style QB. Their job is to lead the team emotionally and manage the game. It's good in the sense that it prevents too much damage from being caused by a poor QB but it also limits the wow-factor of great ones. Wilson proved that a non Pro-Style QB could come to UW and change the whole picture, but he has to be smart, a leader and a hell of an athlete. For this reason I think BB and Canada are more open to recruiting dual thread kids like Stanton but realize that another Wilson coming along is unlikely.

• Fire 1
Tipping his hand? #Huskers RT @LindseyThiry: 2013 QB Johnny Stanton is rocking the #Nebraska hat today. pic.twitter.com/F28lacp2

LINK

Q4VHt.jpg

probably a good indication right there, these kids are smart and know the media is watching, they pick their wardrobe accordingly. Remember Alvin Kamara, the metro-Atlanta recruit who received over 100 letters from Alabama in one day. This was his picture for an article in the Atlanta Journal Constitution...

Alvin-Kamara-9.jpg

Tipping his hand? #Huskers RT @LindseyThiry: 2013 QB Johnny Stanton is rocking the #Nebraska hat today. pic.twitter.com/F28lacp2

LINK

Q4VHt.jpg

probably a good indication right there, these kids are smart and know the media is watching, they pick their wardrobe accordingly. Remember Alvin Kamara, the metro-Atlanta recruit who received over 100 letters from Alabama in one day. This was his picture for an article in the Atlanta Journal Constitution...

Alvin-Kamara-9.jpg

Not a good comparison. Kid was showing the letters in UG shorts. So what? When the picture was taken he was showing no indication of leaning anywhere. Alabama had just started to show interest.

Stanton will be a husker.

Not so much a comparison as an example instrumental to my point. The kid is leaning toward Georgia, was aware that cameras were coming and threw on the shorts to make a point. Same thing could probably said with Stanton. He didn't accidentally put on an NU hat. He knew what he was doing and knew that it would attract attention.

Oh and who the hell is UG? Nebraska fans and their abbreviations for universities...gah! :facepalm:

Not so much a comparison as an example instrumental to my point. The kid is leaning toward Georgia, was aware that cameras were coming and threw on the shorts to make a point. Same thing could probably said with Stanton. He didn't accidentally put on an NU hat. He knew what he was doing and knew that it would attract attention.

Oh and who the hell is UG? Nebraska fans and their abbreviations for universities...gah! :facepalm:

Let me ask you this though,

Where is the Wisconsin representation in the photo of Johnny?