SIGNED QB Johnny Stanton

I don't think this kid will change course and look at other schools. He's from a pretty grounded family. He's not going to be the type that needs needs his ego stroked all the time or pick a school from a pile of hats type of thing. He doesn't seem to be into big productions. If for some reason he would change his mind I think it would be from a pretty significant outside influence. The plan is to build offense based on his strengths so why wold he want to look anywhere else?

It's important to remind everyone that this young man is doing this after playing just ONE year of QB. He was a DB his freshman and soph years. Look at this this clip of him destroying Max Redfield, 5 * USC commit and one of the best DBs in the country.....1:20 mark.

Stanton may be one of the best QBs we have gotten in YEARS>

Official set of first #Elite11 rankings: Stanton, Greenlee, Zaire, Goff, Kincade, Webb, Browne, Del Rio, Hackenberg, Ferguson, Cockerille.

Notice we were hard after 3 of the top 5 performers so far. Maybe this Tim Beck guy knows his QBs???

Still the leader after day 3. Even if he ends up not winning it or getting MVP or whatever, this is very impressive.....especially for a f'n Nebraska QB recruit. I would expect him to get a good bump in ratings from all the sites after this.

Where do you think he has to finish at the camp to get star number 4.

Is there any way he could move up 2 stars and if what would he have to do beside walk on water and turn water into wine

Rivals is all over Shane Morris, and i hear they arent that high on Stanton rating him in the bottom half of thier groups, even thou the actual coaches are rating him number 1 thru 3 days. Its my understanding that the experts dont get to the see everything just some throwing drills, and there is alot the more to the camp then just a few throws, all that matters is the coaches like Trent Dilfer, and if they says hes doing good thats who i beleive.

I think he probably done enough to get his fourth from rivals and scout, i dont see how he couldnt. He would have to committ to USC to get his 5th haha

Let's just hope Dilfer is better at evaluating talent than he was at playing quarterback.

I guess he is excelling in the classroom portion, reading defenses, remembering plays in the offense, and learning on the fly. Hes not the most polished passer like Morris (michigan) or Hackenburg (Penn State) thats why we are seeing mixed reviews, but hes very coachable and a leader and thats why the coaches really like him..,,,high football IQ. He hasnt been a QB that long, and they are saying he has a really high ceiling. Nothing but good reviews about this kid.

We are really going to need him to be great, and a real winner. Some of the best performers are going to the Big 10, along with the guys ive mentioned above there is also, JT Barrett (ohio state) who is doing very well.

In true fashion the Texas commit has been struggling the last month. He dropped over 75 spots in the espn 150 because of his performance in the opening.

Sorry about all the info, ive been really bored at work lately.

Let's just hope Dilfer is better at evaluating talent than he was at playing quarterback.

He won a Super Bowl. He gets paid to analyze football players and games. I trust an entire staff of coaches who have seen EVERY drill than rivals analysts that only get to see a few throwing drills.