SIGNED QB Johnny Stanton

Dont stars go into our overall class ranking?

ya their rating or grade does. It does matter as far as national perception goes, and to your average fan that will just look at where we finished in the Big 10 or nationally, and then go on to say Bo cant recruit and all that non sense.

I dont understand him being # 10 dual threat, maybe #10 QB, even thats a little low IMO, but # 10 dual threat?? hes top 5 atleast. I wouldnt take anybody else over him, conisdering his character and our offense hes a perfect fit for us, and thats all that really matters.

• Nebraska commit Johnny Stanton (Rancho Santa Margarita, Fla./Santa Margarita) moves from No. 274 to No. 234 in the ESPN 300.

http://espn.go.com/c...est-qb-rankings

Also, number 10 dual threat

http://espn.go.com/c...3/view/position

Clear bias towards pocket passing QBs, which makes no sense considering there were so many dual threats that ranked high at Elite 11.

i dont see Bias as much as I see them grading them on who they are today, not their ceiling. Johnny is very raw! he has a lot of natural insticts that cant be graded, but still has only played QB for ONE season! Had they graded on leadership and how high their ceiling is, I think we can all agree Johnny would be a 5 star.

I dont blame them for not jumping him up until they see his Sr season. Most of the QBs above him have 3-5 years playing QB already.

What I wouldnt be suprised to see is Johnny have a stellar Sr year and then see his stars/ranking rise.

I really hope he goes to Calhoun (qb coach in cali) again next summer. I liek Beck as an OC, not so sure about his QB coaching. I know, its only been one year, but i wonder how he pans out at a QB coach.

i dont see Bias as much as I see them grading them on who they are today, not their ceiling. Johnny is very raw! he has a lot of natural insticts that cant be graded, but still has only played QB for ONE season! Had they graded on leadership and how high their ceiling is, I think we can all agree Johnny would be a 5 star.

I dont blame them for not jumping him up until they see his Sr season. Most of the QBs above him have 3-5 years playing QB already.

What I wouldnt be suprised to see is Johnny have a stellar Sr year and then see his stars/ranking rise.

I really hope he goes to Calhoun (qb coach in cali) again next summer. I liek Beck as an OC, not so sure about his QB coaching. I know, its only been one year, but i wonder how he pans out at a QB coach.

Beck ran a high school team that probably is more like being the head coach at someplace like a Chadron State. He worked with the offense and the QBs. He's fine.

I agree stars don't mean sh#t. However, one thing that some recruits look at in deciding on a school is the class ranking. Like HuskerFowler mentioned above, class ranking does matter from a perception standpoint.

Haven't read the whole thread but HuskerFolwer is absolutely right in that sense.

Exactly why we were hoping for his bump up in the ratings, well other than that he deserves it, but mostly a selfish desire to have a higher rated class and to help get higher rated future commits. HuskerFowler is spot on in his assessment and I also think we got a great one in Johnny Stanton.

Exactly why we were hoping for his bump up in the ratings, well other than that he deserves it, but mostly a selfish desire to have a higher rated class and to help get higher rated future commits. HuskerFowler is spot on in his assessment and I also think we got a great one in Johnny Stanton.

Having your guys get rated higher definitely does matter in terms of the next commit. Part of the reason USC is killing it is a snowball effect. Big name talent attracts and can help recruit other big name talent. We could use some more love, especially from rivals where we have several guys on the cusp of 4* status.

9 pocket passers are ranked before even 1 dual threat shows up on the list. The #1 dual threat is only ranked slightly better than the #11 pocket passer.

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/recruiting/football/story/_/id/8198267/quarterbacks-sound-off

When johnny was asked

How do you feel about the way college coaches can jump from schools without penalty, while players are largely bound to by their letters of intent?

-Stanton: "I think it's good that players have to stay committed to a school and that there are consequences if they don't. I'm a guy whose word means a lot. I didn't commit to play it safe. It's the coach's choice to move where he pleases, and that's something that every player has to consider in choosing a college."

I love this kid he has a great IQ. and I dont think we have to worry about him going anywhere

• Fire 1

I can't see rivals or Scout bumping him to a five star. That'd be just too much crow for them to eat for starting him as a three star.

If he put up phenomenal numbers his last year they'd be hard pressed not to!

they could make him the top four-star or something, but I just don't see them letting everyone know how poorly they evaluated this guy, even if he didn't have much experience when they first did.

• Fire 1