Nebraska Football

LOL Landlord.

I first thought....well...I should insert sarcasm. My thread got dissected and ripped apart. Bold, italics, underline the whole thing........what was particularly interesting was the personal attacks that came out. Someone even looked at the number of posts I've had. I do admit, I don't post much. I think the amount of armchair qb'ing that goes on is enough and I don't need to add.

Funny!

Let me say.....I am a husker til I die. Because I know, I'm going to get blasted by posting this.

But if we don't get the obvious taken care of, it will be a long season.....

Offense

Burkhead is an outstanding back....no breakaway speed.

Our offensive line is average....at best. They are NOT physical. Which means burkhead is going to wear down.

Martinez....pretty obvious here. Great Athlete, but not a qb.

Defense

We better find some speed and I mean fast.

D-line: Steinkhuler has been a bust. All the hype around this guy and I see nothing but him standing straight up and not getting around people. Can we please stop losing containment and get some pressure on a QB. Meredith needs to be moved inside to tackle he is not a DE.

I see a 7 win season. I just can't see us making that much improvement over last year. South Carolina exposed our offense. We are too reliable on burkhead. Martinez can't throw a piece of paper in a trashcan. I do NOT like Big 10 football. I know folks think it is physical. Big friggin deal. Championships run through the SEC, wear speed kills. Period. We need to adopt that style.

Things will be different this year. Last year was our first year in the Big 10, and it was a rude awakening of sorts. No tape to see what teams like to do against us, not against other opponents. Now we have that tape, we also have continuity with the same offensive system 2 years in a row. The offensive line is an area of concern, but in all honesty you cannot guage how your OL will do in practice; even in the Osborne years, the defensive unit would always have the upper hand in practice. Do I expect the 1994 Pipeline v2.0? No, but I do expect to see improvement. A-Rod to tackle is HUGE. He is better apt to play at offensive tackle. Choi and Long are two guys that could probably hold a candle to some of the linemen from days gone by. I do not think Burkhead will take as much punishment this year, with the emergence of Mike Marrow, who is an absolute hoss. Abdullah is a nice situational type player who will be good on toss plays, screens, and the perfect play for him would be the "Inside Scissors Reverse," that JR Superstar made a nice bunch of yards off of. Imani Cross, the freshmen I-Back from Georgia, I think will surprise people. At 6 foot 1 220 lbs, he showed up on campus and did 41 pull-ups. Is doing 41 pull-ups a good indication of how good an I-Back will be? No, but it is a good indication of overall strength, athletic ability, and work ethic. Martinez does still worry all of us, but he did show glimpses of maturity throughout last season.

As to defense, this could very possibly be a "no-name defense." Meaning, no superstars, but just solid as a whole unit. A la the 2003 unit under Bo's first stint here in 'Braska. The defensive line had a lot of guys out in the spring with injuries or surgeries. Kevin Williams, whom the staff was VERY high on in the spring of '11 redshirted last year, and had to get surgery, but he will be a very exciting player to watch. Chase Rome showed promise, as well as Thad Randle, who also returns in fall camp from having off-season surgery. Meredith has slimmed down, saw him in Gretna over the weekend, and he doesn't look like the blob he was last year. Bo is at his best as a coach when his back is against the wall.

There is reason to be apprehensive of this upcoming campaign. But there is also a plethora of reasons to be batsh#t crazy excited about this season.

Wow...this is funny. I was being sarcastic and I wanted to see what kind of folks got all bent out of shape. I took quotes from several threads that I saw over the year and and put them into one.

No trolling here...graduate of the school and former player. Thought it would be funny to shake the hornets nest. good grief people. Was gone for two days and wow...hot thread.

look.gif

Let me say.....I am a husker til I die. Because I know, I'm going to get blasted by posting this.

But if we don't get the obvious taken care of, it will be a long season.....

Offense

Burkhead is an outstanding back....no breakaway speed.

Our offensive line is average....at best. They are NOT physical. Which means burkhead is going to wear down.

Martinez....pretty obvious here. Great Athlete, but not a qb.

Defense

We better find some speed and I mean fast.

D-line: Steinkhuler has been a bust. All the hype around this guy and I see nothing but him standing straight up and not getting around people. Can we please stop losing containment and get some pressure on a QB. Meredith needs to be moved inside to tackle he is not a DE.

I see a 7 win season. I just can't see us making that much improvement over last year. South Carolina exposed our offense. We are too reliable on burkhead. Martinez can't throw a piece of paper in a trashcan. I do NOT like Big 10 football. I know folks think it is physical. Big friggin deal. Championships run through the SEC, wear speed kills. Period. We need to adopt that style.

mwj98, on 19 June 2012 - 03:21 PM, said:

Wow...this is funny. I was being sarcastic and I wanted to see what kind of folks got all bent out of shape. I took quotes from several threads that I saw over the year and and put them into one.

No trolling here...graduate of the school and former player. Thought it would be funny to shake the hornets nest. good grief people. Was gone for two days and wow...hot thread.

1. Nothing in your OP even remotely resembles or hints at sarcasm.

2. To come back, after the fact, and say it was sarcastic is a lie so thin not even a politician would tell it.

3. Former player eh? Who?