Dienhart: Things I learned at Nebraska practice

NUance

The best thing about this article is the outsiders perspective...Praise coming from somewhere other than the coaching staff. Very nice.

Except that the BTN has a vested interest in pumping up every Big Ten team. They're not going to lie, but they're not going to focus on our flaws, either.

Wait for this whole series to unfold. They will have glowing things to say about Nebraska, Ohio State, Michigan, Michigan State and Wisconsin. They won't say anything bad about any team.

The best thing about this article is the outsiders perspective...Praise coming from somewhere other than the coaching staff. Very nice.

Except that the BTN has a vested interest in pumping up every Big Ten team. They're not going to lie, but they're not going to focus on our flaws, either.

Wait for this whole series to unfold. They will have glowing things to say about Nebraska, Ohio State, Michigan, Michigan State and Wisconsin. They won't say anything bad about any team.

Even Indiana and Minnesota got good reviews before last season.

Why must you crash my dreams?!

I know they aren't going to say anything bad, I suppose it is more about hearing positives from people outside the program.

@HowardGriffith QB Tommy Armstrong has a chance to be a superstar. Quick and elusive wow! #cornhuskers

@BTNDaveRevsine Armstrong is really impressive physically.We all think he'll be a big-time. Wouldn't shock me if he's 2nd team QB this yr

@swmckewonOWH BTN guys raving about Tommy Armstrong. Tim Beck was high on this kid for a long time. #huskers

The QB depth in 2013 is going to be stellar if we happen to keep Stanton's commitment. OOOOH MYYYY

Yeah it's a pretty sunshine pumping article, but there's some interesting information there mixed in with all the leg humping. I always love to hear about technique transformations, like when Beck is talking about Martinez' mechanics and simple things he can do. For example, his first step back from center can have an effect on how his body is positioned in the pocket.

@HowardGriffith QB Tommy Armstrong has a chance to be a superstar. Quick and elusive wow! #cornhuskers

@BTNDaveRevsine Armstrong is really impressive physically.We all think he'll be a big-time. Wouldn't shock me if he's 2nd team QB this yr

@swmckewonOWH BTN guys raving about Tommy Armstrong. Tim Beck was high on this kid for a long time. #huskers

In the quest for equal time, it should be pointed out that Brion Carnes also impressed. The water was extra cold and he is flat out awesome at mixing the right amount of gatorade powder where it doesn't taste too diluted.

Reading through all the tweets, these guys are laying on the "I'm impressed" stuff pretty thick, moreso than I would think they feel obligated to do. Sounds like we passed their eyeball test in a lot of ways.

We won't be able to put this fully into perspective until we read what they say about Michigan, Sparty and OSU. If they heap similar or more praise, all this fluffing will have to be taken with a huge grain of salt.

Here's some stuff from Howard Griffith:

Howard Griffith@HowardGriffith

Fr. QB Tommy Armstrong has a chance to be a superstar. Quick and elusive wow! #cornhuskers

---

Marcus@Huskers_FMT

@HowardGriffith who would u say was the most impressive u saw practice? Player or Offensive/Defensive Unit? Thanks!

@Huskers_FMT Defense . I have a sneaky suspicion they will be better then most critics think. Depth at every position. #cornhuskers

---

@HowardGriffith

Nebraska will win a lot of games with the foot of Brett Maher punter/kicker . You can take that to the bank. #huskers #cornhuskers

---

@HowardGriffith

Tim Beck most be creative & find way to get the ball to Jamal Turner in space. #cornhuskers #huskers #BTN

---

@HowardGriffith

I was at Nebraska football practice last night. I'm Looking forward to following them this year. #Broncos

I heard that Charles Jackson is making a strong push for a starter spot. If this is true, major kudos to him. I find the trip from being recruited, committing, ineligibility, finally making it to Lincoln, and now pushing for starter spot. It had to be tough road for him but im glad he has kept his hopes up and stayed motivated.

Reading through all the tweets, these guys are laying on the "I'm impressed" stuff pretty thick, moreso than I would think they feel obligated to do. Sounds like we passed their eyeball test in a lot of ways.

We won't be able to put this fully into perspective until we read what they say about Michigan, Sparty and OSU. If they heap similar or more praise, all this fluffing will have to be taken with a huge grain of salt.

Here's some stuff from Howard Griffith:

Fr. QB Tommy Armstrong has a chance to be a superstar. Quick and elusive wow! #cornhuskers

---

Marcus@Huskers_FMT

@HowardGriffith who would u say was the most impressive u saw practice? Player or Offensive/Defensive Unit? Thanks!

@Huskers_FMT Defense . I have a sneaky suspicion they will be better then most critics think. Depth at every position. #cornhuskers

---

@HowardGriffith

Nebraska will win a lot of games with the foot of Brett Maher punter/kicker . You can take that to the bank. #huskers #cornhuskers

---

@HowardGriffith

Tim Beck most be creative & find way to get the ball to Jamal Turner in space. #cornhuskers #huskers #BTN

---

@HowardGriffith

I was at Nebraska football practice last night. I'm Looking forward to following them this year. #Broncos

family-guy-bug-o.gif