LOL AGGY

tschu

Alright, this is making the rounds today, and it's downright incredible and embarrassing for what is already an embarrassment of a football program after the way they have acted the last couple of years.

Texas A&M is claiming two more national titles as well as the 1997 and 2010 Big XII Championships.

Not making that up.

Before:

aggy1.jpg

After:

aggy2.jpg

That's right, they've claimed two more national titles because of Sagarin rankings or something (seriously) and the 1997 and 2010 Big XII titles.

Let's review, shall we:

1997:

Nebraska beats Aggy 54-15 in the Big XII Championship game. 54-15.

2010:

Oklahoma beats Nebraska 23-20 in the Big XII CCG. I mean they didn't even qualify for the chance to even PLAY in the title game that year.

As an Aggy fan, how could you even begin to defend this or have any sort of respect for yourself walking into that stadium? It's absolutely the most hilarious and sad thing that I've seen from a program (not including scandals of course).

Besides just wanting more titles and thinking people wouldn't notice...is there any explanation as to why they think they won those two Big XII titles? I mean, I know there are schools that do this all the time ie: USC won one title in the 2000s but they claim 4 more than they used to claim in the mid-90s, and Ohio State claims the one we split with Texas in `70 [you know, the one Texas only won because the UPI used to crown the champion before the bowl game that Texas lost that year]. But, when you play in a conference that has a clearly defined system of selecting conference champions...how do you lose one, not even play in the other, and yet somehow figure that you won those two conference titles? Are you sure this is not some interweb hoax?

So I go to the Aggie official web site and found out that in 1997 they finished (wait for it, you're gonna love this)...... 1st.....in the South. That's right, aTm is so pathetic that they are claiming qualifying for the CCG as a conference championship. Of course that't not as bad as `10 where they finished (wait for it) ........ T1st .....in the South. So in the mind of an Aggie, if you tie for the division...even if you don't really win it because you lost to the team that you, uh, tied.....you are still the conference champions. By that measure Bo won three Big XII titles before we left the Big XII (T1st in the North `08, 1st in the North `09, 1st in the North `10)....seriously, would anyone let us get away with that....forget about anyone else, would we even try to get away with that? aTm....what a bunch of losers.

After:

aggy2.jpg

That's right, they've claimed two more national titles because of Sagarin rankings or something (seriously) and the 1997 and 2010 Big XII titles.

When I saw this I knew there would be an epic thread on the Shaggybeaver for it. Sure enough, there are a couple of threads there. LINK Here's are some quotes:

Say anything you want about Kevin Sumlin, but he hasn't even coached a game for the aggys and he's already added two national championships and a conference championship for the aggys.
Actually, they had all of these "numbers" left over when they finished and just did not know what to do with them...Uh..just add'm onto the end there fellas!
they're the north korea of college athletics

:lol:

After: aggy2.jpg That's right, they've claimed two more national titles because of Sagarin rankings or something (seriously) and the 1997 and 2010 Big XII titles.
When I saw this I knew there would be an epic thread on the Shaggybeaver for it. Sure enough, there are a couple of threads there. LINK Here's are some quotes:
Say anything you want about Kevin Sumlin, but he hasn't even coached a game for the aggys and he's already added two national championships and a conference championship for the aggys.
Actually, they had all of these "numbers" left over when they finished and just did not know what to do with them...Uh..just add'm onto the end there fellas!
they're the north korea of college athletics
:lol:

If Ta&m is the North Korea of college athletics....then what does that make Texas? lol

The Big XII hands out trophies to all co-division winners. We have a trophy for whatever year we won the North but lost the tie breaker to Missouri, and Missouri went to the BXIICCG.

You will never, ever see that trophy displayed in public. It's upstairs in the private football offices, an afterthought.

You can't stop the conference from handing you a trophy. You can have the integrity necessary to say, "We didn't really win that, so we're not going to lay claim to it." That's what most programs do. Take note, Aggie.