Chase Rome quits?

People can have the attitude that it's the players' faults all they want, but there's no denying that this does have a negative impact. When potential recruits see all of these past big-name guys quitting, it's gotta make them wonder what the heck is going on.

FLU- you really shouldn't ride Bo's ass for putting a poor defensive unit on the field and then complain that a another player has left the team from what looks like the direct result of Pelini logically changing schemes or starters. One move or the other should meet with your approval. Rome and the D line are not getting the job done. If he wants to leave because of losing his starting position or because of reduced play time, good riddance. Maybe some other prima donnas will see it and won't waste our time by coming here. They are only getting the message that needs to be gotten; the team comes before the individual.

I've learned one inevitable truth on this board: don't dare make a critical comment about Bo, or prepare to be crucified.

You've made the same point since Saturday. Just shut up. We get it, you want changes, that aren't happening because no one agrees with you.

Wrong on so many levels, and that's why I repeat myself, because people like you just don't get it.

People can have the attitude that it's the players' faults all they want, but there's no denying that this does have a negative impact. When potential recruits see all of these past big-name guys quitting, it's gotta make them wonder what the heck is going on.

FLU- you really shouldn't ride Bo's ass for putting a poor defensive unit on the field and then complain that a another player has left the team from what looks like the direct result of Pelini logically changing schemes or starters. One move or the other should meet with your approval. Rome and the D line are not getting the job done. If he wants to leave because of losing his starting position or because of reduced play time, good riddance. Maybe some other prima donnas will see it and won't waste our time by coming here. They are only getting the message that needs to be gotten; the team comes before the individual.

Once again, apparently you didn't read my earlier post. I clearly stated that if this is a case of Bo playing the best avaiable player over a player that has seniority, that I'm all for it.

I've learned one inevitable truth on this board: don't dare make a critical comment about Bo, or prepare to be crucified.

You've made the same point since Saturday. Just shut up. We get it, you want changes, that aren't happening because no one agrees with you.

and yet people still continue to say that I said I want Bo fired, etc. Please, someone, anyone, point this out to me.

and BTW, isn't that what the "ignore" button is for? Because I know that I have plenty of posters that I have blocked... as a matter of fact, I'll be glad to add you two. Buh-bye! mooning.gif

Wrong on so many levels, and that's why I repeat myself, because people like you just don't get it.

Well obviously it's not working, Since Saturday you've been the most pessimistic and complaining idiot i have ever heard whine about a program. We all agree there need to be changes, but saying them on here 20 times a thread doesn't change what Bo or Tom Osborne are gonna move forward off of. This is a place to share and idea ONCE and elaborate on it in conversation. Not repeat 20 times with different wording. So, just stop while you're ahead.

All I know is that something has to be done to make big-name recruits want to come here. We can't survive on walk-ons and 2-star long-snappers. Losing to teams like UCLA in embarrassing fashion, and having guys quitting the program left and right, isn't the way to do it.

I wouldnt call it embarrassing fashion. Maybe it could be perceived that way, but by the end of the year, not at all. I guess we just dont know yet, but many are saying UCLA could be 10-0 going into the Standford/USC stretch. Seriously, we're 10 missed tackles and a dropped pass or two from winning 38-14, and we're talkin National Championship this whole week. That's how crazy things are right now.

Get your rational thoughts out of here!

There were quite a few of Pelinis recruits i was really looking forward to watch reach their potential here. Aggressive, highly recruited guys, like Klatchko, Chase Rome, and others like Tyler Moore, Aaron Green,Todd Peat (Possible bust?).

I think Chase may have a point getting pissed at being benched , for guys who really didn't do any better than he did.

Peat had a back injury and then an ankle injury. According to reports, with Rome out Peat is in. Practicing with the 2 deep rotation. IIRC, Kaz advised he is "starting to look like a football player" again. Hopefully we will start seeing the younger guys play and do well. I am also sure that those remaining will play as though their a$$ is on fire and their head is catching.

For every guy like Rome, we have a guy like Carnes who steps up and will play wherever.

• Fire 1

Wait. Is this for real?

If so I don't think I would jump on to the 'society these days' comments. Society these days is the same everywhere, but a starting, sophomore defensive tackle with an extremely bright future, quitting two games into a season, is highly unusual. Not to mention he's joining another very unusual situation - a talented, true sophomore left tackle with a promising future, quitting late in fall camp.

So I guess all I'd have to say to that is, the hell is going on?!

If you want to say the loss to UCLA wasn't embarassing, that's your perspective. I, on the other hand, had people calling and texting me left and right asking me WTF was going on, thought Bo was supposed to be a defensive genius, thought the Blackshirts were supposed to be good, LSU's practice squad could beat us, etc. I was embarassed.

Wait. Is this for real?

If so I don't think I would jump on to the 'society these days' comments. Society these days is the same everywhere, but a starting, sophomore defensive tackle with an extremely bright future, quitting two games into a season, is highly unusual. Not to mention he's joining another very unusual situation - a talented, true sophomore left tackle with a promising future, quitting late in fall camp.

So I guess all I'd have to say to that is, the hell is going on?!

Zoogies, I am still trying to get over the a$$ whoopin laid on us Sat. I can't get into why we have lost 3 highly recruited guys this year. Like you said one like a week before the season and one 2 games in. As I do not follow teams like I do the Huskers, isn't this highly unusual?