Chase Rome quits?

I'll admit, I don't know the details of the crouch situation, but if it was anything like Rome's, I would feel the same. This type of stuff really irritates me.

Essentially Solich had to go to Omaha to talk Crouch into coming back, think it was his Fr. Year. After that Crouch matured over his career and won the Heisman. Rome is still relatively young as a RSo., perhaps this becomes a milestone moment he improves from. I hope he does want to come back and is willing to work his bitter off to get where he thinks he shouldn't be. It sure won't be handed to him and hopefully he realizes this.

I'll admit, I don't know the details of the crouch situation, but if it was anything like Rome's, I would feel the same. This type of stuff really irritates me.

Essentially Solich had to go to Omaha to talk Crouch into coming back, think it was his Fr. Year. After that Crouch matured over his career and won the Heisman. Rome is still relatively young as a RSo., perhaps this becomes a milestone moment he improves from. I hope he does want to come back and is willing to work his bitter off to get where he thinks he shouldn't be. It sure won't be handed to him and hopefully he realizes this.

It really just pisses me off when these guys just sh#t on the opportunities that are given to them like it's nothing. You are catered to and have many people looking out for you, but you take none of that into consideration when you just walk out on the team like it is nothing. It's ridiculous if you think about it honestly.

• Fire 1

I'm just passing along what I heard. Not trying to revive a dead thread for no reason.

knapp, would you have an idea why none of your links have worked for me lately? It just shows a dotted line underneath the text, but there is no hyperlink.

:rollin

Any updates on Mr. Rome? Hearing he might be reconsidering his stance on the situation.

Heard the same on a premium board.

Who gives a sh#t, he left once, there's no need for his type in this program.

ncf_g_heisman2001_390.jpg

Have we forgotten that Suh almost transferred to Oregon St. but Pelini talked him into staying with program. Or have we judged players that once they walk out the door, they aren't welcomed back.

I'm just passing along what I heard. Not trying to revive a dead thread for no reason.

knapp, would you have an idea why none of your links have worked for me lately? It just shows a dotted line underneath the text, but there is no hyperlink.

lol, I must be an idiot. Kinda figured this was the case.

Yeah, all you have to do is hover over it.

• Fire 1

lol, I must be an idiot. Kinda figured this was the case.

Yeah, all you have to do is hover over it.

ah, well I usually post from my phone, haven't really figured out how to get that to work on there yet...

To me there is a big difference between Crouch going home to Omaha to think things through and within a couple days (less than a week if I remember correctly) being back with the team and what Rome has done now being gone for an extended period of time.

Now, that doesn't mean I wouldn't accept him back as a coach. But, I wouldn't be begging him to come back and it would be on my (and the team's) terms and I would do it only if it was accepted by the leaders of the team (unity council). Basically he needs to prove to the team all over again that they can trust him to be there for them and work hard.

Obviously it worked for Crouch because he came back and worked his butt off for the team and was very successful.