Best Burger in Lincoln

I'll be at Lazlo's in four hours enjoying a tasty beer.

*COUGH*a-hole*COUGH* :)

I'm shocked *SHOCKED*, I tell you, that no one has brought up Tastee Inn yet. :)

---

By the way, this talk of Lazlo's has made me miss their beers something fierce. Short of making a 700 mile beer run, anyone know how I can procure some of their fine, tasty beers?

Here's their distributors http://www.empyreanb...om/contact.html

Not sure where you live though!

I'm in DFW/Texas. The furthest they go south is into Missouri, it appears. Great, I suppose, if I want a side of meth to go with my Luna Sea ESB. ;)

I'll try emailing them to see if they can ship via mail. Last I recall, though, there are interstate and intrastate laws regulating the shipping of alcoholic beverages via mail. :(

Five Guys was very unimpressive to me. I've only been there once, though. Maybe I just went on a bad day.

Nah, you're spot on with that Knapplc. Five Guys, Mooyah, Whataburger--they're all over-priced for what you get, both quality and quantity.

Now, In 'N Out, that's where it's at.

• Fire 1

Lincoln: King Kongs very good burgers and gyros or five guys Now in Omaha nothing like a Bronco burger from Broncos.

I thought King Kongs was way overpriced for what you got. Good burger, just too much money.

Five Guys was very unimpressive to me. I've only been there once, though. Maybe I just went on a bad day.

If you're going to Omaha might as well hit Fudruckers.

I'm shocked *SHOCKED*, I tell you, that no one has brought up Tastee Inn yet.

I wouldn't mind Tastee if they would maybe clean the place up, heck maybe even put the drive through on the correct side. Honest Abe's has onion rings that are eerily similar to Tastee's onion chips and that was really the only reason I ever risked going to Tastee.

I can't believe anyone eats food from that place. It looks hellish when you drive by. No way would I voluntarily go in there for food.

Certainly can't deny the place is in poor shape and would make many run-down shacks look good, but their Tastee burgers and onion chips and dip are well worth the heart clogging that ensues. Last I knew they are always closed Mondays, but that shouldn't be an issue for a weekend trip.

I try to make it there at least once every year or two when I'm back in town, and I've got a relative that requests frozen shipments whenever family visits them in Ohio.

I also suggest a Nebraska fast food stop at Runza. Even if you dislike their namesake runza, their burgers are probably the best I've had from a drive-through. And order some Frings (Fries+1-2 onion rings) as they are quite good as well.

I'm shocked *SHOCKED*, I tell you, that no one has brought up Tastee Inn yet.

I wouldn't mind Tastee if they would maybe clean the place up, heck maybe even put the drive through on the correct side. Honest Abe's has onion rings that are eerily similar to Tastee's onion chips and that was really the only reason I ever risked going to Tastee.

I can't believe anyone eats food from that place. It looks hellish when you drive by. No way would I voluntarily go in there for food.

Certainly can't deny the place is in poor shape and would make many run-down shacks look good, but their Tastee burgers and onion chips and dip are well worth the heart clogging that ensues. Last I knew they are always closed Mondays, but that shouldn't be an issue for a weekend trip.

I try to make it there at least once every year or two when I'm back in town, and I've got a relative that requests frozen shipments whenever family visits them in Ohio.

I also suggest a Nebraska fast food stop at Runza. Even if you dislike their namesake runza, their burgers are probably the best I've had from a drive-through. And order some Frings (Fries+1-2 onion rings) as they are quite good as well.

Runza burgers are the best drive thru burgers around.

2nd would be the double cheeseburger from Sonic. IMO

Culvers is pretty decent also.

See, now I really like King Kong's, and didn't think it was overpriced at all, considering their burgers are huge, and you don't pay any more than you would at a table service place. Opinions vary, I guess. But yeah, I liked King Kong's as well.

And mmg, I KNEW there was someplace I was forgetting. Not for everyone, but the loose meat sandwich taste of Tastee's.... ahhhh... course, there is a little joke among our friends, about why they call it Tastee's... because you taste it all week. But the flavor and the food is very good. And their shakes and malts are fantastic as well. :D

I like it ok, but I don't understand not having hummus as a side. All you can have for a side is French Fries. If you want hummas you have to order it as an appetizer at like 5 bucks

Runza is alright, but I think their quality has gone downhill some in the last 5 years. For just a drive through burger, I do Culver's now, which I find to be better than Runza at this point.

I doubt I would consider either the best in Lincoln, but since I want something fast and convenient on the rare occasion I go out to buy burgers, Culver's it is.

I'm shocked *SHOCKED*, I tell you, that no one has brought up Tastee Inn yet. :)

---

By the way, this talk of Lazlo's has made me miss their beers something fierce. Short of making a 700 mile beer run, anyone know how I can procure some of their fine, tasty beers?

Wait, is that place even open anymore? Every time I've driven past it this summer it's looked like a playhouse in a white trash backyard. It's a dilapidated mess-- I thought that the only thing in there were some dead stray cats.

It's not local, but I think you should try 5 Guys down town (no, that's not a euphemism). Just remember that every non-junior burger is double and large fries will feed a family. I split a small with someone the first time I went and we still had plenty left over.

Ate there. Was tremendously underwhelmed. Walked away wondering what all the fuss was about.

Their fries are decent, and they give you SO MUCH. Crazy amounts of fries.

Culver's is good. Their butterburger taste is definitely different, and very flavorful.

Far as I know, Tastee's is still open. As far as looks, the place really hasn't looked any different for a long time, so using that as your standard probably isn't the guage you want to use. The place has always looked a bit dilapidated, at least since I've been in town (Came for college in '86, basically lived here ever since)

ahhhhh Tastee Inn. Classic, understated with a aromatic bouquet. :) A bucket of tastees and a buncha onion chips, oh and that dip mmmmm; Good to go. In more ways than one :D

Everytime we come back to Nebraska it's the same ritual. Val's, Runza and Tastee Inn. My wife refuses to eat a tastee?????? I've told her it's a addendum to the man laws. So I guess I have to turn in my card next trip back. Back in the early 70's we had contests to see who could make the best imitation tastee. HEY, there wasn't any internetz then.

I'm thinkin' that in the future some movie should have Jack Black and Will Ferrell rubbing tastees all over their bodies while writhing in pleasure. I would like that movie :D Haven't liked many of their other ones.

• Fire 1