Do you recall what I said last year?

stevenmurphy

It brings me no joy to remind anyone of what I said following last season's dismal performance of the BigTen, but seeing the start we've gotten off to at this point it does appear that my gloomy prediction isn't going away anytime soon. This conference, football-wise, has entered a place whereby it'll be mocked by many until it's finally either dissolved or placed in a lower tier of competition, as the trajectory seems painfully obvious. (And just watch what happens tomorrow!:-(

I glanced at what someone around here wrote the other day about the SEC basically having an insurmountable advantage in that their academic standards are so low that they can more often than not accommodate "dummies" to suit-up and bring glory to their (football) programs, while pretty much the rest of the conferences don't have such a built-in advantage. And while I personally haven't looked at the data regarding the matter, I suspect there's a fair amount of truth to the claim.

Anyway, with the exception of what's going on with football, everything else about the conference looks splendid ... and who knows?, maybe if we can somehow come together on pretending that the sport of football doesn't really matter that much to us, we can snooker the rest of the world into taking another look at the glory found in some of the sports where we do excel, such as basketball or water polo, and thus resurrect our pride and dignity by taking things in a new and glorious direction!

Go Blue!;-)

12 whole posts! Why oh why do I not remember what you may have said a year ago?

I don't know about the conference but, this post has entered a place whereby it'll be mocked by many until it's finally either dissolved or placed in a lower tier of message boards, as the trajectory seems painfully obvious.

IBTL

It brings me no joy to remind anyone of what I said following last season's dismal performance of the BigTen, but seeing the start we've gotten off to at this point it does appear that my gloomy prediction isn't going away anytime soon. This conference, football-wise, has entered a place whereby it'll be mocked by many until it's finally either dissolved or placed in a lower tier of competition, as the trajectory seems painfully obvious. (And just watch what happens tomorrow!:-(

I glanced at what someone around here wrote the other day about the SEC basically having an insurmountable advantage in that their academic standards are so low that they can more often than not accommodate "dummies" to suit-up and bring glory to their (football) programs, while pretty much the rest of the conferences don't have such a built-in advantage. And while I personally haven't looked at the data regarding the matter, I suspect there's a fair amount of truth to the claim.

Anyway, with the exception of what's going on with football, everything else about the conference looks splendid ... and who knows?, maybe if we can somehow come together on pretending that the sport of football doesn't really matter that much to us, we can snooker the rest of the world into taking another look at the glory found in some of the sports where we do excel, such as basketball or water polo, and thus resurrect our pride and dignity by taking things in a new and glorious direction!

Go Blue!;-)

I don't even remember you. How do you expect me to remember what the hell you said?

Go Blue!;-)

I can't remember my kids names half the time much less some guy who wants us all to believe he has some special power that allows him to see the future of the B1G. Dumber.