*** HB Misc Topic bullsh#t Thread ***

I couldn't tell from that article - is the Blade Runner sequel going to be made or is it still in development? It would be really hard to replicate the original's look & feel, but I'd like to see Scott try.

I think as of now it's still just in development. I would be happy with Scott being involved too.

This Plane Will Take You Anywhere In The World In 4 Hours

Sure, but you can't get a window seat. No windows. Well, except where the pilot sits. I hope.

:lol:

Can you inherit experiences?

<snip>

Experiments have shown, for example, that the experiences of a parent might lead to molecular changes that aren't encoded in DNA but can still be passed down to children, affecting the health and behavior of future generations.
ONE CONTROVERSIAL STUDY SHOWED THAT MICE CAN INHERIT FEAR MEMORIES FROM THEIR GRANDFATHERS

Mice Inherit the Fears of Their Fathers

<snip>

Now a fascinating new study reveals that it’s not just nurture. Traumatic experiences can actually work themselves into the germ line. When a male mouse becomes afraid of a specific smell, this fear is somehow transmitted into his sperm, the study found. His pups will also be afraid of the odor, and will pass that fear down to their pups.

LINK

I'm amazed we've not heard more about research in this area. Some of the findings go back over 30 years. :dunno

I couldn't tell from that article - is the Blade Runner sequel going to be made or is it still in development? It would be really hard to replicate the original's look & feel, but I'd like to see Scott try.

I think as of now it's still just in development. I would be happy with Scott being involved too.

Sure, but you can't get a window seat. No windows. Well, except where the pilot sits. I hope.

I know right?!! Actually the article talks about using virtual displays to show passengers what's outside.

video-undefined-2071ED6900000578-593_636

I know right?!! Actually the article talks about using virtual displays to show passengers what's outside.

Meh, just an image, huh? I'll wait for the IMAX then. Since I don't have $450k to spend on a trip. lol

Meh, just an image, huh? I'll wait for the IMAX then. Since I don't have $450k to spend on a trip. lol

Yeah. Not as cool as glass but I still think it would be a trip to experience.

Can you inherit experiences?

<snip>

Experiments have shown, for example, that the experiences of a parent might lead to molecular changes that aren't encoded in DNA but can still be passed down to children, affecting the health and behavior of future generations.
ONE CONTROVERSIAL STUDY SHOWED THAT MICE CAN INHERIT FEAR MEMORIES FROM THEIR GRANDFATHERS

Mice Inherit the Fears of Their Fathers

<snip>

Now a fascinating new study reveals that it’s not just nurture. Traumatic experiences can actually work themselves into the germ line. When a male mouse becomes afraid of a specific smell, this fear is somehow transmitted into his sperm, the study found. His pups will also be afraid of the odor, and will pass that fear down to their pups.

LINK

I'm amazed we've not heard more about research in this area. Some of the findings go back over 30 years. :dunno

i bet they did not think they needed to record their findings because they thought that their sons and daughters would just know.

• Fire 1

Texas ex-justice of the peace sentenced to death for revenge murder

DALLAS (Reuters) - A Texas jury on Wednesday sentenced to death a former justice of the peace convicted of murdering a suburban Dallas prosecutor's wife in a revenge plot, with the judge saying he acted like some of the most notorious killers in recent U.S. history. The same jury that convicted Eric Williams, 47, on Dec. 4 of murdering Cynthia McLelland sentenced him to death after deliberating for less than four hours.
Williams has also been charged with murdering District Attorney Mike McLelland, who was Cynthia McClelland's husband, and Kaufman County Assistant District Attorney Mark Hasse. Prosecutors said Williams wanted to get back at them for obtaining a theft conviction that cost him his job and law license.

LINK

So this Justice of the Peace gets convicted of theft, loses his job, and then kills two Assistant DAs and the wife of one of them in revenge. Wow, what a piece of garbage. I'm glad this happened in Texas and not someplace like the Wisconsin. This guy deserves to die. :facepalm:

What Every State in the U.S. Is Worst at

December 17, 2014 www.yahoo.com

(edit: Here's a random sampling:)

Alabama: Most child smokers

Alaska: Highest chlamydia rate

Colorado: Greatest cocaine use

Georgia: Least integrity

Indiana: Most meth incidents

Iowa: Highest racial disparity in marijuana arrests

Louisiana: Highest murder rate

Michigan: Worst roads

Mississippi: Shortest life expectancy

Nebraska: Least furniture manufacturing

LINK

Worst at furniture making? Heh. I would have said tackling Melvin Gordon. But hey, that's just me. :lol:

• Fire 1

What Every State in the U.S. Is Worst at

December 17, 2014 www.yahoo.com

(edit: Here's a random sampling:)

Alabama: Most child smokers

Alaska: Highest chlamydia rate

Colorado: Greatest cocaine use

Georgia: Least integrity

Indiana: Most meth incidents

Iowa: Highest racial disparity in marijuana arrests

Louisiana: Highest murder rate

Michigan: Worst roads

Mississippi: Shortest life expectancy

Nebraska: Least furniture manufacturing

LINK

Worst at furniture making? Heh. I would have said tackling Melvin Gordon. But hey, that's just me. :lol:

Not WORST but LEAST amount...

Also, wtf didn't you include Texas in your list? This is priceless:

Texas: Fewest high school graduates per capita

Less than 80% of Texans have a high school diploma. It’s actually the only state that dips below 80%, too. Everything is bigger in Texas — including dropout rates, apparently.