Wisconsin

Todd from Minneapolis writes: I'm a lifelong Badger fan, Madison is my hometown and UW is my undergrad alma mater. You have Bucky going to the Car Care bowl. I want to go on record that this team does NOT make a bowl. I look at their schedule and see 2 wins at the most: Illinois, because they are really really bad and maybe Minn, because it's at home. Indiana pass attack is too good for this defense, even with a 3rd string QB. They have no shot at Neb, Purdue and PSU, and OSU and MSU are going to slaughter this awful awful team. Your thoughts?

Brian Bennett: Holy cheese curds! You sure are down on Wisconsin. No shot against Purdue? Lose to Indiana? Slaughtered at Camp Randall? I think you're far too pessimistic. This Badgers team has issues, but it is making some slow progress. While I don't see this weekend's game at Nebraska going Bucky's way, I'd be stunned if Wisconsin does not make a bowl.

http://espn.go.com/b...sday-mailbag-55

Now someone post the pic of RK3

760557.jpg

Ask and you shall receive.

• Fire 1

I also think we win this game handily(14 or more) but I'm interested to see how we handle the victory! So we get a satisfied feeling and lay a serious egg next week! I think wisky is really down this year but with revenge on our minds, do we get some sort of false satisfaction from beating a team that may not be as good as we perceive them to be? I think winning this game will really test our maturity. Can we win then forget it? Does this coaching staff know when to go to the whip cause if we win I hope they go to it!

I fail to understand the idea of "playing for revenge". Revenge is something Arabs and college football fans obsess about. About the time a football team begins to play with revenge in mind instead of focusing on improving their skills, is the time they get whipped again and loose confidence the rest of the year. I hope last years game is forgotten and our players execute the game plan.

Todd from Minneapolis writes: I'm a lifelong Badger fan, Madison is my hometown and UW is my undergrad alma mater. You have Bucky going to the Car Care bowl. I want to go on record that this team does NOT make a bowl. I look at their schedule and see 2 wins at the most: Illinois, because they are really really bad and maybe Minn, because it's at home. Indiana pass attack is too good for this defense, even with a 3rd string QB. They have no shot at Neb, Purdue and PSU, and OSU and MSU are going to slaughter this awful awful team. Your thoughts?

Brian Bennett: Holy cheese curds! You sure are down on Wisconsin. No shot against Purdue? Lose to Indiana? Slaughtered at Camp Randall? I think you're far too pessimistic. This Badgers team has issues, but it is making some slow progress. While I don't see this weekend's game at Nebraska going Bucky's way, I'd be stunned if Wisconsin does not make a bowl.

760557.jpg

27493815.jpg

All I'm going to say is that I think we had this same kind of optimism about the UCLA game and look what happened. This team is really just too erratic ATT for me to be able to make a prediction.

In all fairness, that optimism was entirely misplaced and propagated derp by fans that didn't care to heed the multiple issues heading into that game.

I dare say we've seen plenty of film on Wisky and know what to expect, having played them last year--we didn't have that luxury at all with UCLA. That alone is a big difference.

I am beginning to see an emerging sense that the Husker fans seeing NU rolling Wisconsin. I do not think so. If the Huskers win, it will be close. The Huskers, I contend, may be a sniff less bad than this Wisconsin team. Both teams are highly flawed. It may be not so much either team earning a win on their own merit, but one team simply playing worse than the other --- leaving its opponent, by default, the winner.

I think the worse team is Wisconsin... but it is close. They may give us fits when we try to run the ball... if so... then this will be a real close game.

Watch for Wisconsin getting a big pass play or two.

Go Huskers.

I am beginning to see an emerging sense that the Husker fans seeing NU rolling Wisconsin. I do not think so. If the Huskers win, it will be close. The Huskers, I contend, may be a sniff less bad than this Wisconsin team. Both teams are highly flawed. It may be not so much either team earning a win on their own merit, but one team simply playing worse than the other --- leaving its opponent, by default, the winner.

I think the worse team is Wisconsin... but it is close. They may give us fits when we try to run the ball... if so... then this will be a real close game.

Go Huskers.

And watch for Nebraska getting a big pass play or 9. Especially if theyre stopping our run game.

• Fire 1

There are three key questions about Nebraska that will determine the game, I think.

- Was UCLA an anomaly for our defense, or was it indicative of what we're going to be seeing through the season? Or at the very least, have we shored up our defensive play to some extent?

- Will Beck call a decent game on the offensive side through 4 quarters?

- Can Martinez do alright under pressure and not totally revert?

If the answer to all three of those is positive for the Huskers, Wisconsin has no chance. However, none of us really know the answer to any of those.

760557.jpg

27493815.jpg

I only asked because I'm too lazy to post it myself

There are three key questions about Nebraska that will determine the game, I think.

- Was UCLA an anomaly for our defense, or was it indicative of what we're going to be seeing through the season? Or at the very least, have we shored up our defensive play to some extent?

- Will Beck call a decent game on the offensive side through 4 quarters?

- Can Martinez do alright under pressure and not totally revert?

If the answer to all three of those is positive for the Huskers, Wisconsin has no chance. However, none of us really know the answer to any of those.

Good questions....if they are all answered YES....then NEB has a solid shot at making it to the BIG title game IMO.

However, the Wiscy game will be a battle IMO.

The o-line definitely looks better than last year, however, they did get manhandled in the 2nd half against UCLA. There needs to be improvements.

Go Huskers.

And watch for Nebraska getting a big pass play or 9. Especially if theyre stopping our run game.

Go Huskers.

Actually, the big pass plays for the Huskers --- if they are to come, and they may --- will come because they are set up well with the running game. Take the running game away and then the D keys in on and puts Taylor under pressure... and all QB's struggle more under pressure. That is, if they stop our run, it is less likely that we nail big plays in the passing game. If they (Wisconsin's D) have to have their safeties come up in run support (or bite to cut off the run) then burning them through the air becomes more likely.

Your premise is flawed... our pass game flourishes when set up by the run --- take away our run and the passing game also is less effective. This is, essentially, true with all offenses... and is especially true with dual threat QB's.

Or the big pass plays come BECAUSE they are stopping our run. If they are stopping the run by doing what we all know is going to take, by loading the box, then the play action can be used to loosin it back up. Yes, the run can set up big passing plays, but big pass plays can also set up the run. Now, if our run games is slowed/stopped by 4 down and 7 in coverage, we're pretty much screwed, but this should also NOT be the case.