Wisconsin

We have people dropping stats, that are up to date. They are what they are. We also have people that minimize the importance of those stats.

My question to those that bad mouth the current stats, why do they keep them if they are not important?

Stats always need to be viewed in context.

I could put up two sets of stats for offense and defense, one exceedingly impressive and the other not as much. Without context, they mean nothing, since the impressive stats could be an FBS top 10 team vs. every high school team in the state. Not so impressive then, eh?

Without getting into specific facets of the game, the only way we lose this game is by some pretty serious choke job on our part. We are the superior team by virtually any measure or comparison. I really expect something like the flipside of what happened last year at Camp Randall. I'll be happy with a W any way it comes but anything less than about a three touchdown victory will be disappointing and will have more to do with us not playing up to ability than anything Wiscy does.

We have people dropping stats, that are up to date. They are what they are. We also have people that minimize the importance of those stats.

My question to those that bad mouth the current stats, why do they keep them if they are not important?

Stats always need to be viewed in context.

I could put up two sets of stats for offense and defense, one exceedingly impressive and the other not as much. Without context, they mean nothing, since the impressive stats could be an FBS top 10 team vs. every high school team in the state. Not so impressive then, eh?

I agree with this. I am usually the first to run down the stats from the NCAA site, mostly because it's something at least somewhat tangible to go on. But the reality is, in the non-con especially, these stats mean.... not so much.

I've built cases for wins/losses based on these stats and they've come to fruition. I've built equally strong cases based on these stats and all hell breaks loose. They're a double-edged sword, and, like Wikipedia, they're good for a conversation starter, not a point maker.

• Fire 1

i'm worried about their blitz scheme.

on film against Ark St. they put some pressure/caused turnovers.

obviously UCLA blitzed the hell out of us and we handled it poorly, the only team w the athletes and game situation to do it to us.

i have one request of Beck--if/when this happens SCREENS and DRAWS, please.

the other thing i'm worried about is them really out-schemeing us. a la texass 2010. that whorns qb hadn't rushed for 2 damn yds all year and they found serious holes in our scheme against them (which they hadn't run before and had obviously put in while facing us)--bootlegs, qb draws w a playaction to start, etc...

i'm hoping if WI hits us with a few wrinkles we adjust very quickly. they can pull out all the stops: they're on the road, have been playing poorly to start, are underdogs, etc...i hope our Oline and Dline can adjust to their schemes and weather the storm.

we should win this game, but some tricky-dicky stuff early could keep them in it, and we need to be ahead to avoid the "oh, crap we're in a fight here" kind of performance BoP is infamous for

Drinking the kool-aid after beating two cupcakes I see. Some of these predictions look like the ones three weeks ago and look what happened.

Yes, I think we win this game, but I think it will be A LOT closer than some of the people in this thread think.

I agree. Either go out and curb stomp em or it becomes a much closer, nail biting game.

Wiscy hasn't forgotten how to play defense....

Nothing would make me happier than to unleash the three headed beast that is Rex/Cross/Heard, and just pound the rock down their throats, until they're crying for their f'ing mothers...

Now is that gonna happen, i'm saying no, but a guy can hope. It's gonna be pretty close and I'll doubt we'll cover. I don't care if we win by 1, 10, or 100, but what I do want, is everyone on the opposing defense to look like they've been in a car wreck..