Wisconsin

The loss at UCLA did more for this team to get ready for Wisky then any other game. It humbled the team and they won't take Wisky lightly. Regardless of the missed tackles, the team took UCLA lightly and got spanked. It will bode will for us in this game and the rest of the season.

We will load the box and force Stave or O'Brien to throw to beat our secondary. No other way to play it.

One thing I just thought of....

Having such a low opponent in ISU could be a big benefit for us. Sure, we game planned for them and I'm sure the coaches didn't have the team overlooking them, but I guarantee that the coaches were game planning for WI this last week more so than when we play a more quality opponent.

Couple that w the fact we added a few wrinkles on offense that we probably won't use againt WI, just to make them prepare for it, take up their practice time.

Its like we got an extra couple days of prep work because of the sched. This could be an advantage for us.

I see what you are saying, I also think that it could be something that hurts us too. Playing the level of ISU, they are slow and will be nothing like the athletes of wisconsin. So hopefully we didn't become acclimated to that pace of play and come out and get punched in the mouth against wisky. Obviously it's a stretch, but I think you understand my logic.

If this defense isn't used to going against a fast paced offense with speed it's the coach's fault. They have the opportunity to go against one every day in practice.

If we struggled against Idaho State I would of had concerns. This wasn't a South Dakota State game, we came out and beat them like we should have. I'm completely sure we will be focused on Wisconsin and come out with a "W"

Exactly. We were bigger stronger and faster. Same as we were against SDS. But we didnt make numerous mistakes to keep them in the game long enough to give them hope to carry througout. We came out focused and crushed'em right away and it was all over after the 1st quarter. Then we coasted.

Posted: 9/16/2012 12:24 PM

RE: Nebraska game and B1G

Nebraska is not "tough to stop" they are eerily similar to Utah sts O with keeton.

Lots of outside handoffs, pitches,and zone reads.

We stopped it last year we will stop it this year.

If u haven't noticed yet. UW's rush D is fantastic.

I don't see Nebraska getting over 150 yards as a team.

The offense is the problem right now.

But I see our runnning game improving against UTEP and

Getting after that crapy front 7 from Nebraska in Lincoln.

Can't wait.

I was lurking on a Wisky board and came across this.

I think we might be able to run the ball better than this gentleman envisioned. If we are held to less than 150 yards rushing, we're hosed.

Interesting take on whats to come...

Good ole' Wisconsinfan77 the racist.

Nebraska is not "tough to stop" they are eerily similar to Utah sts O with keeton.

Can't wait.

I think we might be able to run the ball better than this gentleman envisioned. If we are held to less than 150 yards rushing, we're hosed.

Yeah, tracked down some of his other "musings", and he's a gem...

Can't wait.

Yeah, tracked down some of his other "musings", and he's a gem...

He got banned from the BRR board (Nebraska Scout site), and created an alias.

The only thing that really makes me nervous in this game are turnovers. We're going to need Taylor to keep playing at a high level because if he starts getting pressure in his face and reverts to oh-sh#t mode, then chucks it off his back foot into triple coverage, we could easily gift them the game.

That being said, I am much more confident about this game than I was last year. Our offense has proven to be consistent all year, especially in the run game. As it has been noted, Wisconsin's offense is flat out anemic. They can run the football a little bit, but they are nowhere near where they were last year. From what I have seen, Ball has struggled quite a bit early and that preseason Heisman has faded into the abyss...that's no knock on Ball, because he's a good back, but I think it just has more to do with the loss of that mammoth oline, Paul Chryst, and the fact that Russell Wilson is no longer a threat to sling it all over the yard. IMO, if we can score more 21-24 points in this game, we should win. Realistically, I see this game going one of two ways:

1. We come out, guns-a-blazing, scoring 35 points in the first half and continue to pile on the points int he second half.

2. We come out flat, their defense punches us right in the mouth, and we have a low scoring slugfest on our hands.

The biggest concern is our rush defense vs. their rush offense. We're ranked 86th nationally in rush defense, our only major Achilles' heel. The tale of the tape:

Nebraska

Category - National Rank (Conference Rank)

Rush Offense - 5 (1)

Pass Efficiency Offense - 10 (1)

Total Offense - 9 (1)

Scoring Offense - 8 (1)

Rush Defense - 86 (11)

Pass Efficiency Defense - 23 (4)

Total Defense - 51 (8)

Scoring Defense - 39 (9)

Wisconsin

Rush Offense - 86 (11)

Pass Efficiency Offense - 63 (8)

Total Offense - 110 (12)

Scoring Offense - 100 (10)

Rush Defense - 13 (3)

Pass Efficiency Defense - 59 (10)

Total Defense - 31 (5)

Scoring Defense - 33 (6)

I'm a little surprised to see their rush offense so low-ranked, but I think a lot of that has to do with Ball being dinged up. White is a more-than-capable replacement, and there's still every chance Ball plays anyway. I think our best bet in this game is to stack the box, sell out vs. the run, and try to put them in third-and-long, then kill whichever QB they put in the pocket.

Look at their stats through four games, and against so-so competition (#45 SOS) they don't rank in the top 25 in any category except Rush Defense.

Sell out against the run, keep a weather eye on Jared Abbrederis, and we should be able to outscore them.

• Fire 2

I feel very good about our chances in this one. Most important thing in my opinion is that we start fast with no early mistakes. This team has shown brilliance when we come out and execute right off the bat. We have also shown that when things go wrong right out of the gate, we can become our own worst enemy.

edit: payback is due for last year, I say if we can pour it on and make it ugly, we do it and do it good. This offense is really becoming a force to be reckoned with. Don't take the foot off the gas.

The biggest concern is our rush defense vs. their rush offense. We're ranked 86th nationally in rush defense, our only major Achilles' heel. The tale of the tape:

Nebraska

Rush Offense - 5 (1)

Pass Efficiency Offense - 10 (1)

Total Offense - 9 (1)

Scoring Offense - 8 (1)

Rush Defense - 86 (11)

Pass Efficiency Defense - 23 (4)

Total Defense - 51 (8)

Scoring Defense - 39 (9)

Wisconsin

Rush Offense - 86 (11)

Pass Efficiency Offense - 63 (8)

Total Offense - 110 (12)

Scoring Offense - 100 (10)

Rush Defense - 13 (3)

Pass Efficiency Defense - 59 (10)

Total Defense - 31 (5)

Scoring Defense - 33 (6)

I'm a little surprised to see their rush offense so low-ranked, but I think a lot of that has to do with Ball being dinged up. White is a more-than-capable replacement, and there's still every chance Ball plays anyway. I think our best bet in this game is to stack the box, sell out vs. the run, and try to put them in third-and-long, then kill whichever QB they put in the pocket.

Look at their stats through four games, and against so-so competition (#45 SOS) they don't rank in the top 25 in any category except Rush Defense.

Sell out against the run, keep a weather eye on Jared Abbrederis, and we should be able to outscore them.

It's shocking how much Wisconsin's offense plummeted since last year. Shocking and mildly humorous. :lol: