Ohio State opens up 5 point favorite. Who ya got?

Who ya got?  

121 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

This next 3-game stretch is really tough. All three games are toss-ups, IMO. If we could get through unscathed that would be great, but realistically I am expecting to drop 2 out of 3.

I would expect to win 2 of 3, northwestern is beatable and Michigan at home, if we can pull out the W this week I think we win all 3

The thing that worries me is when Urban called the game last year when we played MSU he basically knew our offense and was calling out the plays we were going to run before we ran them.

We ran very basic versus MSU.

He also was dumbfounded when we ran the AWESOME option against Michigan where Ameer scored.

Just don't want this thread to go any further without acknowledging that while Jamal Lord rushed for many yards, he was not a good quarterback, nor underappreciated. He didn't carry Nebraska on his back as much as he simply called his own play, typically a panicky scramble that when all was said and done resulted in a 4.4 yard average per carry to complement his 48% completion percentage. His offensive line was probably better than Taylor Martinez's the past two seasons and his running backs, Dahrren Deidrick and Cory Ross weren't exactly chopped liver. I would watch Bill Callahan's offense any day over those Lord-based seasons of 2002 - 2003, when our most successful offense was a broken play scramble.

• Fire 1

Just don't want this thread to go any further without acknowledging that while Jamal Lord rushed for many yards, he was not a good quarterback, nor underappreciated. He didn't carry Nebraska on his back as much as he simply called his own play, typically a panicky scramble that when all was said and done resulted in a 4.4 yard average per carry to complement his 48% completion percentage. His offensive line was probably better than Taylor Martinez's the past two seasons and his running backs, Dahrren Deidrick and Cory Ross weren't exactly chopped liver. I would watch Bill Callahan's offense any day over those Lord-based seasons of 2002 - 2003, when our most successful offense was a broken play scramble.

OMG! Jammal Lord was SOOOOOO page 2!

The thing that worries me is when Urban called the game last year when we played MSU he basically knew our offense and was calling out the plays we were going to run before we ran them.

No, Urban was dissecting our plays AFTER we ran them. He actually predicts we'll run several times when we play actioned. Besides, Urban won't be calling their defense.

I'm sorry but a road win at night in the Horshoe against Ohio St and Urban Meyer-great or not, regardless of the score-would be perceived all across the country as Bo's "over the hump" signature win, and that's all a "signature" win is, is percpetion, otherwise a win is a win.

Agreed ... the night of ... the day after ... over time and thru the end of the season ... I don't. You said the word "perception" ... agreed ... I don't perceive OSU as anything, "great or not" worth saying Bo is "over the hump". Cause if we roll the B1G schedule ... which I don't think we do ... but if we do and we represent the B1G to play say a USC and we get rolled ... do you think the "perception" will be that :bigredn: is "over the hump"?

I don't ... I see the rest of the country still viewing us as a good team who still need pieces to contend and we were lucky to win the games we won with the B1G being so bad. I'm not saying I necessarily believe that ... but I think that is the perception of the country.

you both make good points. i do not think either of you are wrong. it would probably come down to how the media frames it and how the rest of the season goes.

If we could win the rose bowl it would change the perception, no matter what the country thinks of the B1G because right now it appears the PAC 12 is the second best conference to the SEC. And we wouldn't get "rolled" by USC. We would get "rolled" by Oregon. USC or Stanford are beatable.

We could play with anybody in the Pac12 including Oregon, would love to see that game, it would be an absolute shootout!

I love the confidence, but somebody cue the Peter Griffin "Woah Woah Woah" gif. We don't even know if we can play with teams in B1G yet. And remember the last time we played a Pac 10/12 team in a bowl??

This is shooting fish in a barrel. Road game? Night game? Mobile QB? Ranked opponent? Ranked opponent higher than Nebraska's rank? 3 points?

Vegas is definitely taking the week off on this one. I don't bet on Nebraska games. Maybe some should.

Every time I think Vegas is crazy and there's no way Nebraska will cover the spread, they somehow pull it out. Vegas isn't taking the week off, they just know the match-up better than we do. That spread is a great sign for Nebraska. I bet on OSU with the hope that my betting history repeats itself.

Vegas doesn't take any "weeks off." Like I've posted, the line is the line that will get the most action on both sides, and the majority of the action is that of betting sharps who will go to great lengths to find any edge, statistical or otherwise in the matchup. This is the reason that the lines are usually a very good indicator of the best possible handicap we have of a matchup.