What We Learned

Maybe we should start with a clean slate with a new AD? At this point, we're just going to settle for 8-9 win seasons if big things don't change. Also, our "omg comeback" against Wisconsin was a false sense of hope for this game (for me especially). While Wisconsin is better than they played the first few games, they are still pretty bad this year so we had a great comeback against a mediocre Wisconsin team. We aren't even a top 30 team at this point, imo. The defense always seems thin; I can't explain it. When I watch SEC games, it seems like they have 11 guys playing lights out defense but when I watch our game, it feels like we have about 6-7 guys just running around. Maybe the camera angles are different, I don't know but we don't seem to have any sort of control of our defense. We bend....don't break, then boom, a big play or a team gashes us.

Michigan, Northwestern, Penn State, Michigan State still ahead...maybe we go 2-2 against those teams and win 7-8 games this year? Yay?

Heartbreaking season once again.

How so? The regular season is only half over, and the Huskers are in control of their own destiny for a spot in Indy...

Heartbreaking night, definately. But the season is still very hopeful.

Keep drinking the kool-aid. I have no idea where you are finding hope

I find hope in the fact that none of our future games have been played yet. They have not been lost. The opponents have scored zero points, and they have yet to stop a Husker offense. If that is rediculous, well, sorry...

I learned that when you are a major player in college football, you spend the money to get a great coach. Bargain basement buys normally turn out not to be what you want or need.

Ohio State spent the money to bring in top level coaching, instantly they turn things around and will be in the top 7-10 tomorrow.

Nebraska brings a On the Job project and we thrash about for 5 years, seldom winning a game that really means something. Sad as our fans deserve better than what we are getting.

This going to be a long year.

-Martin is good

-Jamal needs to touch the ball at least 5 times a game

-Meredith is useless

-Baker was going against a weak OL last week

-Whaley appeared to make some critical tackles

-Taylor gets flustered, you can see it in his eyes after a mistake when he takes the field, he looks nervous

-Northwestern will score in the 30's

-I knew this was going to be a tough game and prepared myself psychologically for a loss if it happened.

-A few less turnovers and special team coverages and this game is a nail biter

-tOSU will win out and would have been in mNC talk if they were eligible

-Braxton will win the heisman.....next year

-The blackshirts will not be handed out this year, which they shouldn't...i dont give a f#*k about the tradition, you earn them

-We better take these two weeks and really focusing on this mess of a team

-I love Bo, but i don't think this team will ever get over the hump

I learned that when you are a major player in college football, you spend the money to get a great coach. Bargain basement buys normally turn out not to be what you want or need.

Ohio State spent the money to bring in top level coaching, instantly they turn things around and will be in the top 7-10 tomorrow.

Nebraska brings a On the Job project and we thrash about for 5 years, seldom winning a game that really means something. Sad as our fans deserve better than what we are getting.

This going to be a long year.

Thank you. I'm glad someone finally said this. I can't remember the last time this team has won a meaningful game against a good team.

We just dont QUITE have the horses. I hate saying this after watching seniors like Compton, Meredith, Steink, and Eric Martin give it their absolute all. I think theyre coming, but not quite here yetl.

I would agree with this. I am seeing progress, personally. We are just not where we want to be. We probably won't be there for several years.

I think we can beat Mich. State. I don't understand how they held Ohio State to 17 points. I also am surprised to see Cal beating up on UCLA. What are these teams doing that we didn't?

Maybe we should start with a clean slate with a new AD? At this point, we're just going to settle for 8-9 win seasons if big things don't change. Also, our "omg comeback" against Wisconsin was a false sense of hope for this game (for me especially). While Wisconsin is better than they played the first few games, they are still pretty bad this year so we had a great comeback against a mediocre Wisconsin team. We aren't even a top 30 team at this point, imo. The defense always seems thin; I can't explain it. When I watch SEC games, it seems like they have 11 guys playing lights out defense but when I watch our game, it feels like we have about 6-7 guys just running around. Maybe the camera angles are different, I don't know but we don't seem to have any sort of control of our defense. We bend....don't break, then boom, a big play or a team gashes us.

Michigan, Northwestern, Penn State, Michigan State still ahead...maybe we go 2-2 against those teams and win 7-8 games this year? Yay?

Heartbreaking season once again.

I understand your feelings at this point. But that's exactly what we did with Osborne for about 8 years actaully before he broke through the talent barrier and finally built them great teams in the early 80's. (not 8 or 9 wins, but they were 9 for the most part).

We lost in an embarrassing manner

Urban Meyer is a douchebag

tOSU (Urban Meyer coached teams) like to try and get away with playing dirty

where was the dirty part on tOSU? I actually take this personally as it is my alma mater, unless you can point out dirty plays do not call my team and school dirty. If you can come up with plays, i'd be happy to discuss, until then refrain from making general statements.

Thanks!

This Guy

We aren't going to face a better team than Ohio State the rest of the year.

None of the rest of our road games are going to have the atmosphere that Buckeye Stadium has.

Braxton Miller is the best QB we'll face all year. (even better than Denard)

That when we don't step on our own feet or shoot ourselves, we have a damn good offense that can put points up in bunches very quickly. But the offense is absolutely schizophrenic, we have those good parts, but they are followed by times where we fumble the ball and kill drives or give the opposing teams the ball within our 30. But this is a reoccurring issue that we've known about.

Something needs the change, but I don't think a coaching change does it. We need a personnel change on the defense. Maybe even sweeping changes in our front 7. CBs played well tonight in pass defense. Mitchell got abused a couple times covering a TE over the middle, but other than that I don't think a receiver caught a ball that wasn't a little flair.

Well, I learned that going and seeing Dredd in theaters was more fun than staying for the second half.

It wasn't as much of a bloodbath, either. ;)

Seriously though, tOSU is clearly a very good team. We all knew Bo -just- has problems with mobile QBs... but boy do they make him suffer. A lot of the game showed me that the team's still progressing, and as long as I see steps forwards instead of backwards (that don't deal with losing seniors), I'll be happy with the results. The team and coaches have serious opponents in the B1G, and it's gonna take a top ten team to win the division... every year. Huskers aren't there yet, and it's gonna be a trial by fire... so buckle up.

Two weeks, then we'll see if the Huskers are hungry enough to get some revenge on Northwestern.