I Support T-Mart

Here's how I see it:

We lost because of 2 things: turnovers and BAD defense.

Turnovers can be fixed by individual discipline by every player that touches the ball, and making good decisions.

The defense is the one that is probably 2 years away from being fixed IMO. It's been said a million times this year, we simply don't have the athletes on defense that we need in order to field a dominant or even competitive defense. That part is coming IMO. Recruiting was geared toward offensive players in the first 2 years Bo was here, and his recruiting has picked up in the last 2 or 3 years since he realized the true importance of recruiting. It may sound like an excuse, but believe me, it's not. I think the younger guys that Bo has recruited and is recruiting will be able to make the D much better.

The defense was just not physical enough at the point of attack. To stop a mobile QB or a good rushing attack, the best way to stop it is to get there before the runner gets started. For the first 2 or 3 possessions on defense, Bo blitzed like crazy. Then our guys stopped being as aggressive as they were at the beginning, and Bo went back to his cover-2 scheme. At that point, tOSU moved the ball at will.

I'm not satisfied with where we are at as a team, but thinking about the team we were before Bo got here, I am willing to give Bo another 2 or 3 years to win a conference title and finally field an elite, disciplined team.

I really believe in Bo as a human being, and also as a coach. I love how he runs the team as a family, and that's the way it should be.

Here's how I see it:

We lost because of 2 things: turnovers and BAD defense.

Turnovers can be fixed by individual discipline by every player that touches the ball, and making good decisions.

The defense is the one that is probably 2 years away from being fixed IMO. It's been said a million times this year, we simply don't have the athletes on defense that we need in order to field a dominant or even competitive defense. That part is coming IMO. Recruiting was geared toward offensive players in the first 2 years Bo was here, and his recruiting has picked up in the last 2 or 3 years since he realized the true importance of recruiting. It may sound like an excuse, but believe me, it's not. I think the younger guys that Bo has recruited and is recruiting will be able to make the D much better.

The defense was just not physical enough at the point of attack. To stop a mobile QB or a good rushing attack, the best way to stop it is to get there before the runner gets started. For the first 2 or 3 possessions on defense, Bo blitzed like crazy. Then our guys stopped being as aggressive as they were at the beginning, and Bo went back to his cover-2 scheme. At that point, tOSU moved the ball at will.

I'm not satisfied with where we are at as a team, but thinking about the team we were before Bo got here, I am willing to give Bo another 2 or 3 years to win a conference title and finally field an elite, disciplined team.

I really believe in Bo as a human being, and also as a coach. I love how he runs the team as a family, and that's the way it should be.

I agree with everything you just said. The bold part has been an issue for some time now. The front four has to get better.

TM improved in the last off season. Hopefully he will do so the rest of this season and reign in the turnovers.

If he continues the current trajectory, I am excited about next year. And this season is far from over. We still have a great shot at Indy and the Rose Bowl. Unfortunately, we stand to get our collective heads torn off by Oregon. But at least we might add a B1G trophy to our crowded case.

Just hope we aren't badly abused if we make it that far.