I Support T-Mart

Four turnovers are unacceptable. Period. End of story.

Almost as unacceptable as your post in a thread supporting T-Mart.

The kid had a bad game. He'll bounce back with our support.

This isn't a "bad game". It's a pattern.

He's a talented player but none of it means anything if you give away free points to the opposition with the frequency that he does. He needs to be smarter. Or taught better. Or both.

Our offense is supposed to be the strength of the team this year. In 2010, when our defense was clearly the strength of the team, it got ripped to shreds (by this board) for giving up 6 points in the 2nd half to one of the highest scoring teams in the country in Oklahoma in the Big 12 Championship game.

In 2012, our offense, the perceived strength of our team, has scored a combined 10 meaningful points in the 2nd half of our two losses.

The defense isn't that good, don't we know that? The offense has to carry us this year. It's been talked about all off season!

Was Martinez responsible for the loss? Hell yes he was! He's the leader of the strength of our team! If Aaron Rodgers turns the ball over 4 times (should have been 5) then it is damn sure his responsibility!

Is it entirely on him? No way. We're not that good, talent, coaching, fundamentals, we are lacking.

But come on, his play tonight was unacceptable. He's a 3rd year starter. Four turnovers can't happen. What did you guys see on his picks (honest question)? I saw two throws where he stared down his wideout and one throw where he was caught in the middle of throwing to two different guys (anyone who has ever played football or basketball knows what I mean when you see a guy, then at the last second you see a different guy a little more open and you think about switching the throw/pass to him and it ends up somewhere in between.)

I know the Taylor defenders and Bo defenders are one in the same, but come on. It's the same thing over and over and over. It's gotta stop, and people need to stop making excuses and expect it to change. When the strength of the team hands the other guys 14 points on a platter and 2 more turnovers to go with it, they deserve to be scrutinized.

Our oline absolutely sucked today!! I bet at least 10 guys came free tonite!! Horrible, embarassing performance by oline tonite!

And dont even get me started on the defense!! We should give them some pink shirts, not for BC awareness month, but to embarass them. Put them in pink for practice and see if they can actually buck up. Sorry, but they were f'ing horrible, dare i say Cosgrovesque!!!!!!

We scored 38 points on the road in a very hostile stadium. Yea Taylor had a bad night, but some of it was caused because he was running for his life most of the time. Check the results of this game and right behind it place the words, defensive genius and see if it adds up.

Exaclty right. For us to score 38 points on the road in that environment with four turnovers against a decent defense is nothing to shake a stick at. He made costly mistakes, no one's debating that. But he didn't quit and the offense kept playing hard.

Also, Taylor didn't give up drives of 75, 90, 57, 75, and 62 yards.

Taylor will be the first to tell you that he was responsible just as much as the rest of the team is for the loss. You're kidding yourself if you can exonerate him from any of the responsibility.

But, BUT, here's what I'll say:

This was his first game, in a hostile environment, where mentally, he had to ensure that "bad mechanics" Taylor didn't come out, while under pressure. For the most part, he had good mechanics throughout the night, but made poor decisions. His 3rd INT was due to bad mechanics.

You can't blame him for one of the fumbles...it was the usual hit from the blind side, thanks offensive line plays that got us against Wisconsin and UCLA.

NU only had so many points because OSU was required, by rule, to kick the ball back to us after their many TDs. That gave us opportunities that to score that couldn't be produced by defensive stops. The number of points scored by NU are almost meaningless. If OSU had decided to methodically drive the ball and eat time off the clock, they could have and kept the score low. So, basically, NU only had so many points because OSU had so many more.

I support Taylor Martinez, I just dont support his head coach and the decisions he makes. One of those decisions was recruiting an excellent Saftey to be a QB. He has skills, no doubt - but i question his decision making skills when the presure is on. Sometimes he does well, others times he seems to implode. I would take a less athletic QB that consistanly makes good decisions.

Just my 2 cents, which isnt worth much.