Bo Pelini

Nobody

Why did we stray from the blitzing attacking defense we had in the 1st quarter. We were stonewalling them and then we totally changed our scheme for the rest of our game. Im dumbfounded.

As the minutes tick by and I rethink what happened, this conclusion has me completely dumbfounded as well. But someone else also made the point that in the first qtr Ohio st. did not fully release the hounds (Braxton Miller that is). So maybe we werent facing the fully loaded gun, but it still looked good to me.

My take? Our coaches came up with some defensive tricks and gimmicks and to use them up in the first quarter, knowing that-let's face it, Braxton is unstoppable-and to get a 2 possession lead, and then just try to contain him enough with our standard stuff to win a shootout. Great. It was working, until Mr. Turnover shows up. Then our punt team of walk-on all stars does their part (leads into next rant)

Why does it SEEM like we're the only program that uses punt coverage and kickoff coverage to get our walk-ons and low caliber players playing time. I'm saying seems, because it may not be the case. But I also see most teams have some of their best defenders on those units. It just seems we have a lot of trouble last couple years covering kicks. And why not, we're sending joe john walk-on down the field to try to tackle King sh#t 4.3 all star in the open field. Maybe it's not as bad as it seems.

I am really starting to worry about this team. I am angry and I was thinking that Bo should be on the hot seat, but I know part of that is being mad. However when I look at the facts and what he has done, I am officially putting him on the WARM SEAT. Way I see it, is if Bo doesn't win 9 games this year we will have to pull the plug on this. If he wins 9 exactly he stays, but his seat becomes hot, and if he wins 9 or less games next year he is gone. If he wins 10 games this year he is off the hot seat for now. But he is OFFICIALLY on the warm seat IMO!!

I'm sorry. This is not a support Bo comment but rather a "support program" comment. If we fire him for anything more than .500, you can stick a knife in our football program, for a long LONG time. We had a hard enough time last time we fired a coach for what we considered unacceptable. It puts forth a very bad vibe across the country. We can jump on message boards al we want after losses and such, that's fine. But firing coaches for winning seasons that are not good enough is going down a bad road. No coach with a pulse will want anything to do with this job under those expectations.

I'm sorry. This is not a support Bo comment but rather a "support program" comment. If we fire him for anything more than .500, you can stick a knife in our football program, for a long LONG time. We had a hard enough time last time we fired a coach for what we considered unacceptable. It puts forth a very bad vibe across the country. We can jump on message boards al we want after losses and such, that's fine. But firing coaches for winning seasons that are not good enough is going down a bad road. No coach with a pulse will want anything to do with this job under those expectations.

sure hope the new ad thinks that. bo had to fix an offense via recruiting and now has the same prob on d, mainly on the line. It can be fixed, there has to be some impact jucos we can lure from somewhere??

DISAGREE DISAGREE DISAGREE...the day we begin to accept an 8-4 season as a good year...the day we begin to accept mediocrity, is the day we officially lose the football tradition at Nebraska. We have the best facilities, the best fans, and the best atmosphere for college football in the country. We deserve the best, we go after the best, and we expect the best. We expect to compete for a national championship every year...THIS IS NEBRASKA...and don't you or anybody else forget it.

DISAGREE DISAGREE DISAGREE...the day we begin to accept an 8-4 season as a good year...the day we begin to accept mediocrity, is the day we officially lose the football tradition at Nebraska. We have the best facilities, the best fans, and the best atmosphere for college football in the country. We deserve the best, we go after the best, and we expect the best. We expect to compete for a national championship every year...THIS IS NEBRASKA...and don't you or anybody else forget it.

But what if the best say 'no'? Isn't that what Steve Pederson tried to do when he fired Solich? Who do you think of 'the best' (and who is the best, anyway?) will come here? Every time people bring this 'fire Bo and hire the best' no one has any answers. Since you feel this way, who do you think will come here?

Well, on ESPN radio this morning it was stated that this may be the game that get's Bo gone from Nebraska. He was brought in by Osbourne and with him stepping down there could be a new coach in the very near future.

New AD will give him at least a year.

I still think a lot of our issues are due to two factors:

1 - we have two very young coordinators. I have to believe that if we had experience and talent at these two coaching positions, we would have performed better. I am not saying that they won't be very good down the road, but this should not be a school where we get someone's feet wet, we should be a destination location.

2 - we don't have enough top notch talent, and the few we do have are not being developed quick enough. Why is it our 4* recruits take so long to have an impact? Yet we see time and time again 4* athletes from other schools doing fantastic things? Do you think the word is out there that if you go to NU, you won't be developed? If I were a coach on the recruiting trail, I would be saying "look, we get our young talent on the field. If you go to NU, you will have to 'wait your turn' no matter what. And if you get some time, it will be garbage time, wasting your redshirt."

This is going to be a long two weeks....

In four years, Pelini has played in 2 conference championship games and was 4 points away from winning both of them.

He has a "realistic" chance of playing for 3 conference championships in 5 years. Face it, the B1G is still wide open.

The only years Bo hasn't played for a championship, so far, are his first year on the job. Which he actually won a share of the division and won a bowl game with a team that was not even bowl eligible the year before. The other year he didn't play for one was his first year in a new conference, and his team soundly beat the Legends representative.

Another thing, he is still averaging over 9 wins a season. Not to mention the off the field successes with grades, graduation, and community involvement of players.

Losses like this are frustrating. It is OK for fans to be calling for a coaches head in a knee-jerk reaction. But if the new AD, or any AD, would fire a coach with the above resume, they would have a hard time even finding a job at Pitt. It would be an irresponsible decision and flat out devistating to the program.

2 - we don't have enough top notch talent, and the few we do have are not being developed quick enough. Why is it our 4* recruits take so long to have an impact? Yet we see time and time again 4* athletes from other schools doing fantastic things? Do you think the word is out there that if you go to NU, you won't be developed? If I were a coach on the recruiting trail, I would be saying "look, we get our young talent on the field. If you go to NU, you will have to 'wait your turn' no matter what. And if you get some time, it will be garbage time, wasting your redshirt."

Sorry, not buying it.

Taylor Martinez (redshirt freshman), Kenny Bell (redshirt freshman), Rex Burkhead (true freshman), Ameer Abdullah (true freshman), Quincy Enunwa/Jamal Turner (saw action as true freshman, becoming(became) involved as sophomores), Kyler Reed (sophomore), Will Compton (RS Freshman or sophomore, don't remember), Andy Janovich (true freshman), Tyler Moore (true freshman),

Do I need to keep going? I could. :dunno

I don't think it's the losses that put BO on the so-called "hot seat"............. it's the manner of losses. (63 points ??.........embarrassing)

It seems almost inevitable that his teams will allow some shift of momentum to radically unnerve them and the spiraling effect snowballs.

Other teams seem to find a way to at least "contain" dual threat QB's, but with us it's a self fulfilling prophecy that once they get going.... we have no answers (continually exposing our left side, for instance, with nobody home)

Lack of discipline with penalties, inexplicable turnovers, deer-in-the-headlights look on the road...............the SAME mistakes with no one seemingly having a clue how to rectify things........

Well, on ESPN radio this morning it was stated that this may be the game that get's Bo gone from Nebraska. He was brought in by Osbourne and with him stepping down there could be a new coach in the very near future.

New AD will give him at least a year.

I still think a lot of our issues are due to two factors:

1 - we have two very young coordinators. I have to believe that if we had experience and talent at these two coaching positions, we would have performed better. I am not saying that they won't be very good down the road, but this should not be a school where we get someone's feet wet, we should be a destination location.

when we fired solich we stopped being a destination location. you get fired here if you are not in the title game. no established coach wants to deal with our unrealistic expectations here