B1G Expansion and more Conference Realignment

VectorVictor

Wisky is getting the shaft because Pizza boy AD up in ann arbor doesn't want to be in the same division as the Bucks.

Agree, this (having mich in our division) also forces us to retain the annual cross over game - thus to keep the Mich and OSU game going yearly. I'd rather we move swap Mich for Wisc and do away with the cross over game if needed so that we can rotate the other schools into the schedule. Things would be much simplier if we went to a true East/West division.

Agree on both counts. I do see Bucky's point where Wisky is getting screwed, and frankly, I'd rather have them in our division than Michigan or MSU.

I think the only problem with Michigan in the Leaders division that is Michigan State wants to be in the same division as Michigan, so then the question becomes who do you swap for MSU?

The B1G will make a push for Notre Dame and maybe Florida state? FSU makes more sense going to the SEC along with maybe a Georgia Tech?

I think some other schools the B1G looks at:

Kansas State, Oklahoma, Missouri(doubt they leave the SEC that quickly) and maybe Iowa State.

Iowa State and K-state dont add much. Kansas only adds a basketball powerhouse and Okie probably doesnt leave without Okie state.

Just imagine if they didnt bring in Rutgers and instead brought in Florida state, oklahoma and Notre Dame.... Some of the best football programs in College history.

As a Husker fan, i want oklahoma and ND...

Roll with that and change up the divisions a bit or even go to 4-4 pod divisions.

Legends (West)

Iowa

Illinois

Minn

MSU

Wisc

Oklahoma

Neb

NW'ern

Leaders (East)

OSU

PSU

Purdue

Indiana

Maryland

Rutgers

Mich

ND

• Fire 2

Wisky is getting the shaft because Pizza boy AD up in ann arbor doesn't want to be in the same division as the Bucks.

Exactly, we're getting screwed bad by this deal. This is effed up.

This makes me OOOO SO SAD!

O dear.. poor Bucky.... O THE HUMANITY!

You'd whine just as much if NU was in UW's position. Take a step back, abandon your pure and unwarranted hatred for UW and examine the proposed divisions. If those are accurate the B1G is treating UW in a similar manner as the ACC treated UMD.

I was just giving you a hard time buckster.. is it ok if i call you buckster? excellent..

Now buckster, of course i would hate to get stuck with those great teams.. but in order to be the best, you need to beat the best..

And my hatred is very warranted.

The B1G will make a push for Notre Dame and maybe Florida state? FSU makes more sense going to the SEC along with maybe a Georgia Tech?

I think some other schools the B1G looks at:

Kansas State, Oklahoma, Missouri(doubt they leave the SEC that quickly) and maybe Iowa State.

Iowa State and K-state dont add much. Kansas only adds a basketball powerhouse and Okie probably doesnt leave without Okie state.

Just imagine if they didnt bring in Rutgers and instead brought in Florida state, oklahoma and Notre Dame.... Some of the best football programs in College history.

As a Husker fan, i want oklahoma and ND...

Roll with that and change up the divisions a bit or even go to 4-4 pod divisions.

Legends (West)

Iowa

Illinois

Minn

MSU

Wisc

Oklahoma

Neb

NW'ern

Leaders (East)

OSU

PSU

Purdue

Indiana

Maryland

Rutgers

Mich

ND

Perfect.

Great, Wisconsin does not border a single state in its division. This may be the worst expansion move yet. Fire Delany.

We only border one. Just sayin'

Yes so you're one for one. We border four (MN, IA, IL and MI) for six total schools...and none will be in our division.

It's more than just borders, its rivalries. We more or less lose all but the Axe. No assurances of ever playing Iowa or budding rivals Northwestern or MSU on a regular basis.

This is so stupid.

I'm not complaining about having to play Penn State and Ohio State every year. That's fine. I'll take my licks and see our losses. I can live with that, I lived through the dark years but I want to at least play teams I like hating.

Rutgers? Maryland? Indiana? Purdue? Get the Frankie Muniz out of here.

Great, Wisconsin does not border a single state in its division. This may be the worst expansion move yet. Fire Delany.

Yes so you're one for one. We border four (MN, IA, IL and MI) for six total schools...and none will be in our division.

It's more than just borders, its rivalries. We more or less lose all but the Axe. No assurances of ever playing Iowa or budding rivals Northwestern or MSU on a regular basis.

This is so stupid.

Agreed.

Though what if I'm right and Florida State comes on board? They'll likely be in your division...then you get to go to Florida every other year.

That's pretty good, right? :)

This is so stupid.

I do agree... as i stated above.. Wisconsin should be in with MN/IA/NE...

Nebraska/Wisconsin have a nice rivalry brewing.

My big issue is expanding for expansion sake is stupid. If you can get GREAT TEAMS like ND/FSU/OKIE.. you do it. Nebraska is a great program and a great addition to the B1G... I dont feel that way about Maryland/Rutgers.. this move was motivated by $$$

As i stated above.. i want this:

Legends (West)

Iowa

Illinois

Minn

MSU

Wisc

Oklahoma

Neb

NW'ern

Leaders (East)

OSU

PSU

Purdue

Indiana

Maryland

Rutgers

Mich

ND

This is so stupid.

My big issue is expanding for expansion sake is stupid. If you can get GREAT TEAMS like ND/FSU/OKIE.. you do it. Nebraska is a great program and a great addition to the B1G... I dont feel that way about Maryland/Rutgers.. this move was motivated by $$$

Legends (West)

Iowa

Illinois

Minn

MSU

Wisc

Oklahoma

Neb

NW'ern

Leaders (East)

OSU

PSU

Purdue

Indiana

Maryland

Rutgers

Mich

ND

I'd be fine with an East/West split and I agree on the "Go big or go home" approach. However, with MD and RU we just cemented our "we're ok with our recent suckitude" perception/mentality. Delany had better have a big second half to this in the works.

I agree with some of you. I think Wisconsin should be in the "West" or whatever you want to call it. However, in order to keep competitive balance, that would mean that OSU and Michigan would have to be in the same division. I don't think either of them, or Delany, want that.

Stolen from another forum.

All-Time AP Poll Appearances

Football

1. Ohio State (801)

2. Michigan (783)

7. Nebraska (685)

9. Penn State (591)

22. Michigan State (334)

23. Wisconsin (299)

24. Iowa (297)

32. Purdue (237)

40. Maryland (191)

43. Illinois (181)

51. Minnesota (159)

53. Northwestern (151)

73. Indiana (55)

86. Rutgers (38)

Basketball

7. Indiana (514)

9. Illinois (434)

13. Maryland (357)

15. Michigan State (345)

16. Michigan (339)

17. Ohio State (330)

21. Iowa (314)

23. Purdue (301)

37. Minnesota (213)

45. Wisconsin (183)

117. Nebraska (29)

118. Rutgers (26)

137. Penn State (15)

146. Northwestern (12)

US News and World Report rankings:

NW 12

UMich 29

UW 41

PSU 46

Ill 46

OSU 56

Maryland 58

Purdue 65

Minn 68

Rutgers 68

Iowa 72

MSU 72

Indiana 83

Nebraska 101

I agree with some of you. I think Wisconsin should be in the "West" or whatever you want to call it. However, in order to keep competitive balance, that would mean that OSU and Michigan would have to be in the same division. I don't think either of them, or Delany, want that.

I can't think of one OSU fan who doesn't want them in the same division. The other two I might agree with.

I can't think of one OSU fan who doesn't want them in the same division. The other two I might agree with.

I should rephrase that. I don't think Michigan wants to be in the same division. Also, Delany has a hard-on for the chance of a Michigan v. OSU B1G Conference Championship. Not really panning out for him so far.

This is so stupid.

Legends (West)

Iowa

Illinois

Minn

MSU

Wisc

Oklahoma

Neb

NW'ern

Leaders (East)

OSU

PSU

Purdue

Indiana

Maryland

Rutgers

Mich

ND

I'd be fine with an East/West split and I agree on the "Go big or go home" approach. However, with MD and RU we just cemented our "we're ok with our recent suckitude" perception/mentality. Delany had better have a big second half to this in the works.

the ideal 2nd half would be ND/OK