B1G Expansion and more Conference Realignment

VectorVictor

Lets be honest... We all want North Dakota and South Dakota to JOIN the B1G

POWER CONFERENCE!

North Dakota can join a partial member for the new B1G hockey league. :ahhhhhhhh

I was just thinking that. Hockey Super Conference.

I'm all for adding the Dakotas. While we're at it lets have Minnesota officially renamed East Dakota to make them feel welcome.

NCHC all the way.

• Fire 1

Florida will never allow Florida State or Miami into the SEC, just as South Carolina will never allow Clemson into the SEC.

And ESPN's end game appears right, in that this is a move to go to 16 teams--folks honestly shouldn't judge the Rutgers/Maryland move until we get our final two pieces of the puzzle in place.

Yeah, Jim Delaney is no one's fool. I wouldn't mind adding some combination of North Carolina, Virginia, and Georgia Tech so long as the divisions are drawn up evenly.

UVA and Va Tech are a package deal, so that wouldn't work. Tech and UNC would help from a basketball prospective, but I doubt UNC would leave the ACC. As for this move, there's no doubt it's all about getting more folks watching B1G network. Rutgers isn't as bad as you think football wise. At the very least, they could hold their own with the Indiana and Purdues of the world.

Lets be honest... We all want North Dakota and South Dakota to JOIN the B1G

POWER CONFERENCE!

North Dakota can join a partial member for the new B1G hockey league. :ahhhhhhhh

I was just thinking that. Hockey Super Conference.

I'm all for adding the Dakotas. While we're at it lets have Minnesota officially renamed East Dakota to make them feel welcome.

I think West Michigan sounds good for Wisconsin.

Drink bleach. :leghump:

THAT IS A BANABLE OFFENSE!

Where exactly are these programs located? I know Maryland is close to Washington DC right? How close to Baltimore? And Rutgers is in New Jersey, how far from NYC?

Both are right alongside I-95--the freeway that runs up/down the East Coast. Rutgers is about 20 mi south of NYC. And, like you say, Univ Maryland is actually part of metropolitan D.C. It's inside the northeast corner of the 495 Capitol Beltway. That's a little over 30 miles south of Baltimore.

Not sure if this question has been asked, but with this being official now how does that affect the protected "rivalries" (ie NU and PSU) that were set up when we joined the B1G? Is there any chance we can dump PSU for Wisconsin or OSU (I know "The Game" between Michigan and OSU make that almost impossible).

who are the final 2 teams added? Oklahoma? NOPE tied to OSU. Texas? Yeah right. They would demand 95% of the revenue anad tel the rest of the teams to trust them on splitting it up evenly. Kansas? Nope tied to K-state. So all I can see for the final 2 are East somewhere. Would of been great for Oklahoma to enter. Sigh one can only dream. Thoughts, Opinions. Blah blah blah.

Not sure if this question has been asked, but with this being official now how does that affect the protected "rivalries" (ie NU and PSU) that were set up when we joined the B1G? Is there any chance we can dump PSU for Wisconsin or OSU (I know "The Game" between Michigan and OSU make that almost impossible).

Michigan and Ohio will always be THE protected game. but feel free to dump PSU for Wisconsin.

Wisconsin has said before they want to finish out the year against Nebraska during rivalry week.

who are the final 2 teams added? Oklahoma? NOPE tied to OSU. Texas? Yeah right. They would demand 95% of the revenue anad tel the rest of the teams to trust them on splitting it up evenly. Kansas? Nope tied to K-state. So all I can see for the final 2 are East somewhere. Would of been great for Oklahoma to enter. Sigh one can only dream. Thoughts, Opinions. Blah blah blah.

Oklahoma and Virginia Tech.

• Fire 1